How to best leverage my chart?

I've just started getting into traditional/helenistic astrology and find it very interesting. The main thing I want to focus on though is how to use my chart consciously for the best effect instead of just predicting how things will turn out since I'm a firm believer in that we ultimately create our own destiny. At the same time I believe we are subject to elements and forces through astrology, so I'm looking for a way to leverage my chart to harness it's best potential to create a positive life for myself.

My chart is here: http://postimg.org/image/dzvg4ofq7/

So having a look at my own chart I believe I have deduced the following:

- My chart is dinural and the sect luminary in charge is the Sun. The Sun is also the chart ruler since I'm Leo rising. The Sun is exalted in Aries, above the horizon and in a good house (9th) in the whole house system but in a more difficult house (8th) in the standard house system. The Sun is also angular from the part of fortune (10th) and applying a square to it. I assume this is good.
- The trigon ruler in charge at the moment (since I'm 30 years of age) is Jupiter which is out of sect and in it's fall (Capricorn). However it squares the chart ruler and sectmate Sun (could that be a positive?) and would I be correct in saying it is in dignity of it's sectmate Saturn (since it's in Capricorn)? Also it is angular (7th) to the part of fortune and applying trine to it. Also the Moon, ruler of the POF, is tight sextile Jupiter... just trying to grab some possible positives here!
- Saturn is disposited ruler of Jupiter/sectmate and is out of sect but at least it is in sextile to sectmate Jupiter and angular in whole sign and applying a trine to POF while the Moon (ruler of POF) is applying trine to Saturn.
- The base of the chart is Mars at home in Scorpio, in the right sect of the horizon, is the actual final depositor of all planets, angular in the 4th, aspects the ascendant (square) and has a fairly close albeit seperating trine to POF... (and various planets are applying aspects to Mars i.e. Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus). I assume this is the most powerful planet in the chart.

I'm not sure if I've interpreted everything correctly, but I'm looking for clues in how to best utilise my chart to create a positive life going forward.

Would I be correct in thinking that Mars leverages the whole chart since it's the base of everything? Like would an improvement/focus on Mars like activities in my life have a leveraged knock-on effect on the rest of the chart?

Also, since the trigon ruler of my life at the moment is Jupiter I'm really looking for a way to harness its position. Could you say that embracing Capricorn qualities in my life would make the most of this position?

Any other advice would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,
Holdorfold

Welcome to a never-ending study/voyage!

Mars indeed appears to be the or at least a vEry important ruler in your chart.
Taking into account that he is the malefic contrary to the prevailing sect, ?nd that the PoF is in the 12th WShouse as well as by division, life won't always be easy or complying to your wishes/ideals. Mars being in his own sign, in the hemisphere away from the Sun and in "-" Scorpio (open for discussion), gives him yet like "good ethics".
Saturn also in Scorpio and very strong (conjunct IC), helped by the benefic of the ruling sect Jupiter (sextile) makes me wonder if home/family/country/Earth/nature are very very important to you?
As I recently learnt from Robert Hand, Mars has a lot to do with defending, protecting, one's home/family/community etc.
I assume you don't resonate with "vested authorities", so keeping a low profile in your activities might be a good idea (Sun in 8th by division, Saturn in Scorpio opposing MC). Later in life this would become profitable (Saturn trines Venus, ruler of MC, cojoined with Moon dispositor of PF).

Just some thoughts...
Herman

http://www.hervaro.be

Hi "Je ne c'est quoi",

Robert Schmidt has suggested that the founders of Hellenistic astrology might have been middle-Platonists and as such they probably would have demoted "fate" to the realm of material causes, not efficient causes as the Stoics would have it. This would mean that astrological influence would set up the possible circumstances from which one could choose. It would represent that which is necessary, but not sufficient to bring something about.

I've given examples online on my website:

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/x-files/
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

hervaro wrote:Welcome to a never-ending study/voyage!

Mars indeed appears to be the or at least a vEry important ruler in your chart.
Taking into account that he is the malefic contrary to the prevailing sect, ?nd that the PoF is in the 12th WShouse as well as by division, life won't always be easy or complying to your wishes/ideals. Mars being in his own sign, in the hemisphere away from the Sun and in "-" Scorpio (open for discussion), gives him yet like "good ethics".
Saturn also in Scorpio and very strong (conjunct IC), helped by the benefic of the ruling sect Jupiter (sextile) makes me wonder if home/family/country/Earth/nature are very very important to you?
As I recently learnt from Robert Hand, Mars has a lot to do with defending, protecting, one's home/family/community etc.
I assume you don't resonate with "vested authorities", so keeping a low profile in your activities might be a good idea (Sun in 8th by division, Saturn in Scorpio opposing MC). Later in life this would become profitable (Saturn trines Venus, ruler of MC, cojoined with Moon dispositor of PF).

Just some thoughts...
Thanks, yes nature moves me deeply. I have a lot of moments of being in awe of it's beauty!

Mars in the 4th for me I think has manifested as living with pretty boisterous young men for my adult life and I remember once I had to defend my house from an attempted invasion of about 10 young men (and I was living in a nice neighbourhood!). That's settled down now though.

I "inherited" a nice property from a life insurance policy payout from when my dad died about 7 years ago which seems very Sun in the 8th house... maybe connected to the 4th (estates?) through Mars.

Yeah I don't resonate with vested authorities, but I keep my business above board nowadays. I'll have to look more into this Saturn/MC dynamic, thanks something to think about! I think I might have a clue as to what this may refer to possibly something in the near future also regarding estates and longterm investment.

zoidsoft wrote:Hi "Je ne c'est quoi",

Robert Schmidt has suggested that the founders of Hellenistic astrology might have been middle-Platonists and as such they probably would have demoted "fate" to the realm of material causes, not efficient causes as the Stoics would have it. This would mean that astrological influence would set up the possible circumstances from which one could choose. It would represent that which is necessary, but not sufficient to bring something about.

I've given examples online on my website:

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/x-files/
Hey Zoidsoft, I'm a massive fan of astrology-x-files.com by the way. I've been visiting there for many years... I often use it to check meanings of transits and synastry aspects. How surreal to bump into the webmaster on this forum!

I would have to agree with the middle-Platonists view to a large extent. I think most of what happens is governed by the elements, including many internal motivations, but the power of true consciousness stands outside the elements and can create unique choices or strengthen or dissolve patterns/elements. i.e. I think you can live your chart out consciously or unconsciously and have different experiences.