Mars in Libra (2013-2014) and Global Conflicts

Mars has been in Libra since last December. It has spent an exceptionally long time in this sign due to having gone retrograde there.

As most of you know Mars is in detriment in Libra. Traditionally, Mars is the dispositor of Saturn in Scorpio. So we currently have a debilitated Mars ruling ''the greater malefic'' Saturn. We also have a mutual reception here with Mars in Saturn's sign of exaltation and Saturn in Mars domicile. However, as the two malefics of astrology and and Mars is currently debilitated in Libra I dont think this kind of MR is necessarily to be desired.

I would suggest a lot of the global hot spots have been made worse during this period. Just think of the news headlines over the last 6 months: Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Nigeria, Somalia/Kenya etc.

So I think there is some hope we might see some improvement in affairs after Mars finally moves into Scorpio on July 27th. I am not suggesting anything too dramatic but I think we might expect a lessening of tension in several locations.

Although its hard to see how the situations in Syria and now Iraq can be resolved without a lot more bloodshed on both sides.

It is interesting though that the group ISIS in Iraq was declared their Caliphate/new government in January 2014 during this Mars in Libra period. It many ways this Islamo-Fascist group sums up the mood of this planetary dynamic between the malefics. Will we see a reversal of fortune for this group from July onwards? Worth keeping an eye on I think.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

hey mark,

i thought traditional astrologers looked at more then transits!!!! i am just razzing you.. you are linking it to an inception chart for january this year. this is a fairly short amount of time for this group to gain as much steam as they have. thanks for offering a positive predictive type message in relation to this. i am curious if you will still hold to it after you read the rest of my post.. i wonder if ISIS is just another CIA asset with funding thanks saudi arabia?

marjorie orr posted a comment on ISIS about 5 days ago giving a date for their beginning. the chart below is a noon time for the date, set to the birth location of the leader as i understand who the leader is. the leader is a bit like obama bin laden who might have been a few different people - we will never know. but apparently samarra, iraq is/was their birth place. the most interesting thing about this date is connected to mars in libra. you can see for yourself below..

here is a link offering why this date has relevance. http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/ ... ic_emi.php#

upload img

Hi
In the Hindi school, reference the late Mr. M.S. Mehta student of Mr. K.N. Rao in book Time Tested Techniques of Mundane Astrology, bottom of page 237 heading Stay of Mars in a rashi -sign- for more than six months, Mr. Mehta reminds us such a long stay in sign causes evil results. Mr. Mehta's reference ?? could that have been as far back to the old Sage Varahamihara, can't remember. Of course, Mr. Mehta used Lahiri but the stay of Mars in tropical Libra proves his point. Mars into Libra around 8 Dec. 2013 to 26 July 2014.

Here is link to ISIS or ISIL goes back further than Jan 2014.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_St ... _and_Syria

Two dates for this group on wiki page
Islamic State of Iraq proclaimed 15 October 2006
Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant proclaimed 9 April 2013

From Wiki, Its aim was to establish a caliphate in the Sunni majority regions of Iraq, later expanding this to include Syria.[32] In February 2014, after an eight-month power struggle, al-Qaeda cut all ties with ISIS.

I write more in the Iraq topic also including lines above. Michaelb

James_M wrote:
I thought traditional astrologers looked at more then transits!!!!
My comments here were intended to be general/global here. Hence no horoscopes or ingress charts!

James can you repeat your post on the Iraq thread too?

I dont necessarily agree with your chart for ISIS (Marjorie Orr?) but I will take that up on the Iraq thread later. In part this is because we are talking about different things. The founding of this grouping is shady and has gone through several transformations so several charts are possible.

My chart would be for the state of ISIS as a de facto alternative government not just an organization.

As Wikipedia points out they raised their flag and declared a new independent state on January 3rd 2014 after capuring the city of Fallujah.

http://www.voanews.com/content/iraqi-ci ... 23591.html

From the above news release:
On Friday, al-Qaida militants raised their flag over government buildings in Fallujah, about 60 kilometers west of Baghdad, and declared an independent Islamic state.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/al- ... story.html

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly