StellarTiggy wrote:Hi Larxene,

Thanks for your response. The retrograde is occurring in the 10th house and Cancer is also a major timelord on Spirit. You have to keep in mind that once they make the replacement, that replacement will be a "Mercury RX" replacement and may inevitably fail. There are lies involved (Mercury). They actually had the chance to put me in another department had they wanted, mainly because they personally filtered me into theirs. Does that tell you anything?
It tells me that Hermes is likely one of the indications of your job failure.

However, the way I see it, and this is from personal experience, when a retrograde causes a reversal, what this means is that it reverses a situation that already exists when Mercury was direct. So if a new person was put on the job during the retrograde, I do not believe that the person will leave the job after the retrograde, as that situation was created after the retrograde.

However, he may leave the position at another retrograde, since his employment already existed before the subsequent retrogrades.

Au contraire, there are people who advises us not to sign documents, make deliveries, purchase electronics, etc during a Mercury retrograde, for fear of things going awry. From my perspective, usually the intent to sign a document, make a delivery or purchase an electronic was already there before the Mercury retrograde. During the retrograde, the star simply reverses what was extant.

Not all reversals are permanent, some are temporary. So if, as you say, even when a new person is employed, if he was removed from the position before the changing of course, or if the position was not filled before the changing of course, then I consider the event to be not "rectified" or "resolved" yet. In such cases, there may indeed be a chance of regaining the position.

To be more certain about the outcome, you should study the inceptional chart of the event. That means, recall the date and time in which you were fired, cast a "birth chart" for the event, and look at the planetary influences, especially the Moon and her domicile/exaltation lord, and the positions of retrograde planets.

There is also the issue of time period. Sometimes it is just a bad period in your life when it comes to career, and that may frustrate your ability to regain the job.
Interested in Hellenistic astrology? Visit my blog.

The appearance changes, but the essence remains.

Retrograde Mercury has recently, during June, transited aspecting my natal Venus and natal Ascendant and natal Chiron.

I got a really horrible haircut at a cheap and nasty yet expensive hairdressers, which weirdly up to now I have been lucky with. I only get an inch or two cut off the ends, but it usually makes my hair feel a lot better, but this time it made it feel absolutely horrible, and one side was longer than the other and hung really unevenly. I paid again to get it cut again somewhere else, a proper hairdressers, and it only cost me four pounds more than the cheap and nasty place where they cut it in a few minutes and where she didn't even bother to check at the end that the ends were even.

Having said that, a lot of people I know happily get the ends of their long hair trimmed very cheaply at places that do dry cuts, and charge a lot less than I was paying. I thought that place was adequate for what I wanted, I wasn't asking for anything fancy or a restyle, just the ends trimmed.

I think in the past I have just been lucky as the individual hairdressers, never the same person twice, have actually been quite good and they care, but this last woman didn't give a stuff.

There is imo a major transit to this area in my chart, which retrograde Mercury is currently triggering. (It will take ages for it to turn round and hit this same point going direct).

Hi - because I can't get the chart to stay without expiring I will give you the details and perhaps (if you're kind enough) you might draw the chart and look at it. Thank you!

06/11/2014 at 6:29PM in New York, NY when I first* learned of it.

Please tell me your thoughts.

No, I am a mean person. :)

I am no expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

The first thing I see in this chart is that the Ascendant is in the last degrees of a sign. Some ancient astrologers may choose to start the first house in the next sign. It is not clear in what degrees this should be done, but there are some authors who move to the next sign when the Ascendant is in the last degree, that is, the 30th degree. This is not the case here, so I shall consider Scorpio to be the Ascendant.

Note that I use whole signs mainly.

Right away we see a problem. Saturn is on the Ascendant, and he is retrograde and in a non-familiar sign. This does not bode well for most things. I consider the opposition from Venus to be rather neutral, it does not help nor harm. That leaves the dexter trine from an exalted Jupiter, which alleviates the issue. However, as Jupiter is in the 9th sign and with a debilitated Mercury, his beneficial influence is weakened.

The Lord of the Ascendant is Mars, and he is in the 12th sign and in his detriment. The square from Jupiter helps, but like I said before, it is a weak benefic influence.

The Ascendant shows the beginning, its Lord the end. Based on the above, the beginning is bad, and the end is bad. At most, Jupiter will slightly alleviate the issue. You may get paid for those 11 days you worked.

Similarly, we should examine the Moon and its Lord. The Moon is in the 2nd sign (unfavourable), in a non-familiar sign, and contrary to sect. She is not aspecting the benefics. Furthermore, the Moon is corrupted; it is a Full Moon (lunation) and she is in a two-bodied sign.

The Lord is Jupiter. He is well-placed but weakened by being cadent and afflicted by the retrograde Mercury who is in an unfamiliar place and is contrary to sect.

The Moon indicates that the beginning is bad while her Lord Jupiter indicates that the ending will be average.

We move on to specific significators. The question is about career, therefore we should look at the conditions of the natural significator and the accidental significator. These are the Sun and Mercury, respectively. Mercury because it is the Lord of the MC.

The Sun is in the eighth sign, in an unfamiliar place. There is no support from benefics nor harm from malefics. Mercury is contrary to sect, in an unfamiliar place and retrograde. Both significators indicate negative results.

As you can see, most of the testimonies are negative, so I do not think you will be able to regain the same position. The Ascendant is in a solid sign. The results are permanent.

Sorry to be a bringer of bad news. Again, I am new at this, so you should ask experts about this to be sure. By the way, are you born in the day or in the night?

You need to read the topic " of a thing happening suddenly..." page 155 Christian Astrology -II
Of a Thing Suddenly Happening, Whether Good or ill, Resolution Thereof by the Last Figure,
Let us admit the figure preceding to be set upon such an occasion; the Sun is the Lord of the Signe wherein he is; Jupiter is Lord of Pisces, the Signe wherein the Moon is, Venus is Lady of the Ascendant, or house of Life; Venus is most powerfull in the Ascendant, Libra being her house, and she having a Terme therein, and casting her Trine Sinister unto the Cusp of the house; as also, being in Trine with Jupiter, and he in the Ascendant; from hence one might have safely judged, had this been the very time of a sudden accident, or thing done, that it could not have redounded to the Querent?s disadvantage, but rather good: Now had Venus been neerer to the Opposition of Mars, he being in the 2nd , which signifies Riches, I should have judged the Querent would have received some losse shortly; and so of the rest or some falling out about Moneys.
8th lord moon in 1st= fear/afraid.
1st lord = Mars= in detriment
10 lord = Mercury= moving away , retrograde and square

this denotes -Vocation related trouble.

Moon(is also the 11th lord from 10th- professional friends/support organization-? unions) is the dispositor of 10th lord mercury and moon applies to a sextile of Mars in 10 degrees time = 10 days to 10 weeks.

correction:
8 degrees time= 8days to 8weeks

So, you will get a communication from a professional organization in that time period but it may not help entirely as Mars is weak and Moon is intercepted.

PD
Last edited by pankajdubey on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow. You two are so helpful. Thank you.

May I point out that Moon in Sag and Jupiter in Cancer are in mutual reception? :) They strengthen one another.

Also, getting paid is nothing. They are obliged to pay me for the time I worked.

I'm a night birth.

They are in mutual reception, but not aspecting each other. The bigger issue is that the total testimony is towards the negative side. Not totally negative, but not great either.

Anyway, I think it would do you more good to move on and find another job.

I have a hypothesis that in day births, a well-placed Jupiter is more beneficial than a well-placed Venus, and vice versa. Since you are a night birth, and Jupiter is cadent, as expected, he probably will not produce enough of a positive effect.

The well-placed Venus in your chart might help you...though this is just a hypothesis. Maybe you can ask a female colleague you worked with in the previous company to get a good word in to your boss and make him consider your re-employment. Someone you are in good terms with and have some degree of authority relative to your boss.

Venus is of the sect in favor for night charts while Jupiter is the favorable benefic in day charts. The chart has mixed reception - it does lean towards the negative with a Saturn Rising on the Ascendant. Mars does not help it out as you mentioned.

I am waiting until the RX is over to see what happens. It seems like forever, but we'll see. Hopefully, if nothing else, maybe I'll get another position.