Do most things reverse when Mercury goes direct?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:00 am Post subject: Do most things reverse when Mercury goes direct? Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
People who broke up during the retrograde get back together, new job turns ugly, contracts signed go awry, etc.

What if you get fired during a Mercury RX? Will they ask you to come back when it goes direct?

Natal Mercury is direct. Please assume the job was obtained while Mercury was direct.

Hi StellarTiggy,

According to the German historian Franz Boll and others, the zodiac was originally devised for measuring the time of the year, using the Sun and the Moon as two hands of a cosmic clock. However, there are other hands on this clock as well, namely the planets. So if one if them is retrograde, I think of it as a hand moving in reverse, indicating a "reversed time-flow" in relation to what the planet represents.
What if you get fired during a Mercury RX? Will they ask you to come back when it goes direct?
So, when by Mercury's direct motion, the reverse gets reversed again, I think things could work out the way you have indicated. However, astrological symbolism manifests itself in many different ways... so I wouldn't count on it too much. It's probably more likely if the loss of the job was directly connected to some misunderstandings or disagreements. When Mercury is direct again, there may be a chance for clarifying the issues. But, as always, don't neglect to consider other astrological influences as well.

Michael
Last edited by Michael Sternbach on Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Some thoughts I have: there's little way of knowing whether it was a misunderstanding/misinformation or not. I have a feeling it might be simply because of Mercury RX (and what's really accurate during Merc RX? Lol!), but then again, how do you prove that once it's "over"? Also, there were lies involved. Thanks Mercury.

just a quick comment stellartiggy.. you appear to want to apply horary type astro rules for natal analysis here.. i don't think you can do this effectively as natal astrology is more complicated then it would appear. one can't make these kinds of conclusions on mercury direct verses retro for example.. it might work in divinatory astrology- horary- where you are asking a specific question, but i don't think it works the same way in general astrology. you can say a lot of things about mercury retro verses direct, but coming to a conclusion on any of it, or in the way that you might like - i don't think it works for this..

It depends.

If Mercury goes retrograde in an important area in your chart, you WILL experience more delays in the sense that things occur more slowly or certain things cannot be done at the moment you intended and have to be repeated, and sometimes reversals, where things really go haywire and there's nothing you can do about it.

For example, my Lot of Spirit is currently ruled by Cancer (using Zodiacal Releasing), and my Lot of Basis is present in Cancer. This year Mercury is one of the main time-lords in the Solar Revolution. As you can see, the retrograde affects many things in my chart. Indeed, I am experiencing the effects almost daily. My computer started dying, my speech impediment returned, I started asking a lot of questions here :D, etc.

However, during the previous retrograde in Jan-Feb 2014, I did not notice anything major, and that probably has to do with where Mercury went retrograde.

EDIT: Oops, it seems my answer was about retrograde instead of direct. See what I mean? Damn you Hermes! :lala

But my answer above is still relevant. Basically, if things reverse during retrograde, and one can find indications that the reversal is indeed due to the retrograde, well, things might be repairable after the retrograde. This is assuming that the issue wasn't permanently rectified before the change of course. If your employer had found a new person to fill your role for example, the chances become slimmer, and often it's just not repairable.

Otherwise, no, it will not reverse.
Interested in Hellenistic astrology? Visit my blog.

The appearance changes, but the essence remains.

Hi Larxene,

You're confirming what I have said, in your own words. You just made my day! :D

I agree this could be considered electional astrology. I'm not a dumb bunny but I don't quite understand how there could be more than one astrology at work, anyway, each with their stand-alone set of rules, but based on the same zodiac, planets, aspects etc. That's somehow counter-intuitive to me.

Let us ignore mercury for a moment and just deal with retrogression in transit.

Is direct motion is smooth going and retrogradation is the opposite of it ?
Or, whatever happens in one type of motion gets reversed when the opposite motion takes place ?

Even if those two arguments are correct, we still have events that are time bound and those that are not time-bound but changed qualitatively or quantitatively.

If an event completes itself before the end of the change of motion then it's reversal can not take place.
eg: if someone is fired from the job with immediate effect ,handed one or three months pay as per the contract, and someone else is appointed in that position, then, that job is gone.

If you fight for it then would you get it back when the mercury turns retrograde again or it is direct ?You may get compensation but not the job.

Suppose,you are given 3 months notice during retrograde period but during that time the planet turns direct- but you are still in the job- this has a better chance of getting the job back or staying in the same Organization in a different department etc.

Same for love- if the other person has moved on then you could just meet again but not get back.

So, relying too much on retrogradation and turning direct is very tricky.
Discussing this while mercury is retrograde, at least theoretically, could be even trickier :)

Larxene wrote:It depends.
yes, everything depends! it depends on the chart and everything else for that matter, but when it is asked as a general question without any other info to go with it, it is just vague and opaque enough for a person to say pretty well anything about it too!