World Cup Football 2014

World Cup Football 2014

It seems like a good time to start getting set into the various co-ordinates and timezones that will be in play during this years World Cup tournement. Brasil is a wide nation. There are 12 different stadiums involved and different time zones, too. All these are important factors whem calculating the various charts.

The Venues

Est?dio do Maracan?, Rio de Janeiro, 22S55, 43W14 - Time Zone: BRT/UTC -3
Est?dio Nacional, Bras?lia, 15S17, 47W54 - Time Zone: BRT/UTC -3
Arena de S?o Paulo, S?o Paulo, 23S33, 46W28 - Time Zone: BRT/UTC -3
Est?dio Castel?o, Fortaleza, 3S34, 38W31 - Time Zone: BST/UTC -3
Est?dio Mineir?o, Belo Horizonte, 19S58, 43W58 - Time Zone: BRT/UTC - 3
Est?dio Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre, 30S04, 51W14 - Time Zone: BRT/UTC -3
Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador, 12S58, 38W30 - Time Zone: BRT/UTC -3
Arena Pernambuco, Recife, 8S02, 35W00 - Time Zone: BRT/UTC -3
Arena Pantanal, Cuiab?, 15S36, 56W07 - Time Zone: BRT-1/UTC -4
Arena da Amaz?nia, Manaus, 3S05, 60W02 - Time Zone: AST/UTC -4
Arena das Dunas, Natal, 5S50, 35W13 - Time Zone: BRT/UTC -3
Arena da Baixada, Curtiba, 25S27, 49W17 - Time Zone: BRT/ UTC -3

Wikipedia has an informative site regarding the tournament and group play. (Link)
Well get back to the matches and teams in various later entries! :)
http://www.astronor.com

Andrew, thanks for posting the stadium locations, that will be very helpful.

The Wikipedia site gives the kick-off times, but everyone should note that the site says (at the start of the Group Stage information) that "All times listed below are in Bras?lia official time (UTC?3)", so be careful if your software automatically sets the time zone - you will need to adjust the kick-off time to local time for the stadium in those cases where the local time is not UTC -3.

There goes information i was looking for but still have a problem of getting of each venue matches
Men tend to build according to diverse methods of building, and according to the diversity of the condition of the men.Dorotheus

Guy there doubt about 3 of the twelve stadium one which is arena corinthians in SOA PAULO opening stadium of the brazil vs croatia due to it part collapse during contruction,stay updated incase there might be a change of stadium
Men tend to build according to diverse methods of building, and according to the diversity of the condition of the men.Dorotheus

Maybe is is OK to quote the matches starting times in terms of UTC, which is equivalent to GMT. Anyone following our coverage of the contest will have the match start quoted in relation to their local time zone. It is easier just to convert to UTC/GMT, than to the local time where the match is being played and then back to UTC/GMT again.

If we quote the kick-off in terms of UTC/GMT, that will keep things simple and tidy for everyone.

Abraham, I notice that you are a recent member at Skyscript. Welcome to the group!
Look forward to getting to know you. :)

We try to underline all our predictions with some sort of astrological reasoning. Yet, you will see that we have different approaches. If your expectations or prediction is pure gut feeling, then that's fair as long as you say so. Let's hope this tournament is a successful, enjoyable and educational event for all of us! :'

Here are the signs associated with the competing nations. A few nations are missing, so tet's check through the list. If anyone has got any comments or additions, they can be added:

Algeria - Scorpio; Argentina - Libra; Australia - Sagittarius/Taurus; Belgium - Gemini; Bosnia & Herzegovina - Sagittarius?; Brazil - Virgo; Cameroon - Leo; Chile - Sagittarius; Columbia - Cancer??; Costa Rica - ??; Croatia - Virgo; Equador - Sagittarius, Gemini; England - Aries; France - Leo; Germany - Aries; Ghana - Capricorn; Greece - Virgo; Honduras - Pisces??; Iran - Aries; Italy - Leo; Ivory Coast - Taurus/Leo?; Japan - Scorpio; Mexico - Capricorn; Netherlands - Cancer; Nigeria - Scorpio; Portugal - Pisces; Russia - Aquarius; South Korea - Scorpio; Spain - Sagittarius; Switzerland - Virgo; USA - Gemini; Uruguay - Virgo.

For visability I have included some suggestions provided by Nathan and marked these in dark red. For an explanation please follow the discussion below. In 'blue' some thoughts and reflections picked up on the way.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

I would suggest Scorpio for Nigeria as they are known as the 'Super Eagles'.

And maybe Virgo for Honduras because their entire coastline is known as the ' Mosquito Coast'.

Ghana are known as the Black Stars - Capricorn?

Ivory Coast are 'The Little Elephants' - Taurus?

Cameron - Leo?

Nathan, I was actually wondering about Scorpio for Nigeria myself.
Virgo is an excellent suggestion for Honduras. :'

For the Ivory Coast I was wondering about Leo or Sagittarius (Jupiter), but Taurus could be correct. Can we check it out? Cameron has got me all confused. I thought maybe Leo, Cancer or Libra?
Great feedback! 8)