Re: stephen king / profections / 1999 accident

i looked at a number of astrological techniques and think the solar return captures some of the nature of this event the best, although i have no way of knowing where he was at the time of his solar return for 1998 ( his birth date is sept 21st), i am confident that solar returns to a persons birth place work regardless of where the person is at the time of the sr..
hey james_m how did you come to this conclusion? Lately I have become interested again in the topic of relocated solar returns, and I have been debating whether or not they are worth using, as a result I have combed through the skyscript forum for every mention of relocated solar returns and read what people have to say. Generally I get the impression that most of the people on this board prefer to relocate their solar returns, as well as of course, the late morin; however many of the threads I was reading seemed to be a few years old so I don't know what the general consensus is these days. Although I do recall reading somewhere that ben dykes preferred relocating the solar returns when giving readings, however I checked out his site today and it appears that he no longer seems to be emphasizing the importance of the exact location on the date of the solar return. Additionally in the comments on this article:

http://heavenastrolabe.net/relocating-solar-returns/

it is implied that ben dykes changed his mind about relocating for the solar return. Anyways, for me personally from what I have seen, relocating for the solar return chart is not very effective, and whats even more interesting was that as a thought experiment, I relocated all of my solar returns for the past 10 years to a randomly picked city on the other side of the globe and lo and behold, I got more than a few "hits", however of course, this shouldn't be possible since I was never there in that randomly picked city in the first place, thus it must mean that the hits were only a coincidence. That being said this is only my experience, maybe other people here have got more mileage with the technique? Anyways, im curious about your thoughts on the matter
Last edited by AstroNovice on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

About Ben Dykes take on relocation, in his recent translation of Abu Mashar (persian nativities 3) on solar revolutions he (Dykes) seems to be quite definite about not relocating on the same grounds as you? on the other hand i believe the innovation comes from one of Ibn Ezra`s works it`s mentioned in the same book but i coulnd`t tell for sure.
this is the comment that I was talking about in the post above, can anybody with ben dykes translation of abu mashars persian nativities 3 vouch for the above statement?

AstroNovice wrote:
About Ben Dykes take on relocation, in his recent translation of Abu Mashar (persian nativities 3) on solar revolutions he (Dykes) seems to be quite definite about not relocating on the same grounds as you? on the other hand i believe the innovation comes from one of Ibn Ezra`s works it`s mentioned in the same book but i coulnd`t tell for sure.
this is the comment that I was talking about in the post above, can anybody with ben dykes translation of abu mashars persian nativities 3 vouch for the above statement?

Hi,

Our local group of astrologers, based in northern England, have been working with non-relocated solar returns for some time. With members having birth charts ranging from the west of Ireland to Bulgaria, the difference in relocation can vary by a complete rising sign.
Our preference, by watching events and themes over a full year, is not to relocate the solar return.

hi astronovice,

my observation on this is based on (drum roll, lol) - observation..

interestingly enough i think the concept of relocation wasn't really happening way back in abu mashar's time, but i could be mistaken. jb morin was into relocated solar returns, so who knows!

and funny enough i am a strong advocate of relocation with regard to birth charts, but over the course of time i still come back to the relevance of the angles in a birth chart from the birth location.. something about some type of imprint seems to happen. i do look at relocated solar returns, but overall i find the birth location return works very well. like a lot of things in astrology, it is not a slam dunk. i just find natal sr's work better..

in regards to the place of stephen kings accident and where he might have been at the time of his solar return - i believe his summer residence where the accident happened near - is not that far away from his birth location. i don't know this location, or for a fact where he might have been on his birthdate for the year of the accident i gave in this example.. i believe the birth location solar return captures the event astrologically.. i hope this helps..

thanks john for sharing as well!

ps - astronovice if that quote from your 1:51pm post is from me, i can tell you this.. i read the books, and as i happen to be a fan of relocation astrology - was introduced to the idea via jim lewis and his work in this area - i saw nothing to suggest anywhere in any of those persian nativity books the concept of relocation.. this isn't a conclusion they didn't use the technique, but it wasn't seen by my read of the material.

Larxene wrote:This talk about relocated solar return reminds me of the argument about reversing the zodiac signs when one is born in the southern hemisphere. The jury is out on this, but currently I think a majority do not see the need to reverse it.
just curious, what is your opinion on relocating solar returns?

john,

jb morin was no slouch when it came to astrology. he relocated solar returns.. on the basis of this, i think the message is fairly clear and gives some weight to the idea.. if 'specific' time is relevant as we know it is, 'specific' place is quite relevant too.. now whether a person wants to work with relocation data or not, i think it's very relevant. perhaps someone would like to start a thread on this topic in the general astrology section so others can comment, as opposed to altering the course of this thread on profections.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locational_astrology