HI all

Guys, website is house 9 because it is a medium. Websites don't make money, it is what goes into the websites. So if your business is XXXY then website is like a businesscard vs the business itself.

It has to be 9th! it is the only house that makes sense.

CD

cosmicdolphin wrote:HI all

Guys, website is house 9 because it is a medium. Websites don't make money, it is what goes into the websites. So if your business is XXXY then website is like a businesscard vs the business itself.

It has to be 9th! it is the only house that makes sense.

CD
So a website is house 9, because it is house 9 - and because you say so?

If you were right, then Lilly was wrong allotting the profit of a journey to the 10th, because a journey too is to be seen as a medium only to get the profit by the business, or better by buying and selling the goods transported by the ship on its journey.

Paul wrote: Will I make money is 2nd house. It is not completely relevant if we make money from a book, selling wine or through a website - we do not necessarily need to put our main focus on the significator for books, wine or websites. The main focus here is on making money, and that is second house.
I would actually go with Paul in this matter. Were this an election chart, you would be looking to ensure the 2nd house and its ruler was fortified, and since a website is a means of communication, you would want Mercury in good shape as well. In a horary chart, you would want the 2nd house and Mercury to be in good shape to decide that a website is going to be a success.

I like the idea that a website has a house attatched to it, then money made from an activity is the 2nd from that house; just as proceeds from a marriage are second from the 7th or 8th house.

What is a website, first and foremost? I think it's a medium of communication.

The 9th house deals with publications of "enduring value," but it doesn't deal with electronic media like radio or TV broadcasts, social media, or email so far as I know.

But hey, I'm not the expert here.

Let's see a question with a chart, please!

gs53 wrote:Generaly, when you are not sure what planet rules some "thing" that you asked about, just look at chart where are your significator/s, because chart must describe your question, and everything will be then clear to you.
Thanks Goca. I hear you. Which is why I was wondering about the 3rd.
Last edited by Jimmy on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james_m wrote:hi jimmy,

maybe you want to find a good 'election' time to start the business.. it sounds like these questions you are asking could have an answer in a good election time for the start of your website. i am thinking election as opposed to horary astrology here..
Yeah thanks james_m. I was going to try and launch it with a good Mercury
in an angle, ruling the 1st and 10th as a start. Hopefully
get it to rule the 2nd. Hard to get everything you want.
Last edited by Jimmy on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul wrote:I think if a website is basically a business, then it is probably more relevant to look at the first and tenth, ...

Jimmy in some ways it's probably not that important that you are asking about the website, chances are asking about the website is really a stepping stone for asking about something else. Will I make money is 2nd house. It is not completely relevant if we make money from a book, selling wine or through a website - we do not necessarily need to put our main focus on the significator for books, wine or websites. The main focus here is on making money, and that is second house.

Yeah thanks Paul, if the truth be known, I was just going to end up
looking at it, straight up, like what you say.

And from now on, my questions will be worded in a more general way.

In the revised addition of The Horary Textbook, Frawley amends:-
Books and websites are not 3rd house objects. If I wish to send a message to someone, I don't write a book in order to do this. The book I have written is, as below, 5th house: 'my baby'. Note that the book is distinct from whatever knowledge I may have put into it (9th house). If your website is promoting your business it is your shop window: 10th house. So profit from it will be 2nd from the 10th, which is the 11th. The site on which you post amusing pictures of kittens is 5th house: entertainment.
If you're serious about Horary astrology, you need to buy his revised addition. Without doubt, the best astrology book I now own.