Re: In a Horary question - what is the significator of a web

Jimmy wrote:Hi,

In a Horary question - what is the significator of my website?

Is it the 1st House, or is it the 3rd House?

Thanks,

Jimmy
Jimmy, as Wca asks, it depends on the question. It's unlikely that you would care about the website in regards it third house signification, so using the 1st, 2nd or 10th, depending on your context, is likely to be more meaningful.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

gs53 wrote:I think your website is ruled with 5 house ruler because it is your creation. The fifth house rules all of our creations, whether they are human children or brain children.
Goca, would you still stick to the 5th, when the website was constructed by a third person?

At least in this case, if not ever(!), I would see a website as a tool of the querent's communication and so allot it to the 3rd.

I think if a website is basically a business, then it is probably more relevant to look at the first and tenth, if it is a blog, then perhaps first and third. I think it's unlikely to be fifth as few of us actually create websites ourselves.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

I'd vote for the third house, as a website is a medium of communication. It might advertise a business or be exceptionally creative; but I wouldn't put any and all creations into the 5th house. If a professor writes a book on philosophy, it would be her creation, yet I would see it as a 9th house matter. I believe the 9th has more to do with publications of "enduring value" rather than just any type of pop-schlock text in print.

I don't know where Jimmy is, but if the question is something like, "Will my website bring in business? Or "Will my website get a lot of hits?" the third still makes sense to me..... pending Jimmy's response.

I concur with Paul's views

If Website tells us more about the 'Owner', his views/blogs, photographs then we can safely say that it is an extension of 'real self' into cyber world.. (First House)

Website as an ownership/possession (Second House)

Website as part of e.commerce, business activities, selling, purchasing (10th house)

Website as a part of election campaign, betterment of public image of the Querent (10th House)

-------------
Fifth house tells us of hobbies, past times, light amusements, and creative potential. You might create website but then you either sell it or own it.

Publishing Industry and its 9th house connection are Mundane Astrology matters

3rd house relates to letters, short travels etc. If tongue as a major organ of communication is associated to 3rd house, I would have no problem putting 'Website' to 3rd house too.

-----

All said and done, context of the question is important.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Thanks all for responding.

I actually am a web programmer, that's making my own website.

All I wanted to know was, what house rules the website itself.

I really didn't understand other perspectives until I read
your responses.

wca wanted to know the question.

So the questions that I would ask are:

Will my website make money?

..........So I guess Paul would say, 1st and 2nd.

..........I guess Goca would say, 5th and 6th.

..........Guessing Geoffrey would say 9th and 10th.

..........Johannes and Waybread would say 3rd and 4th?

..........I have to re-read what Morpheus said.

..........Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Will my website get a lot of visitors?

..........etc. etc.

I'm not running an online store so I would not be asking
Will my website get alot of online sales?

My website would be running ads instead.

Here's another question:

Will my website rank high in the search engines for the
keyword _____?

Thanks again to everyone who responded. I will be re-reading what
everyone said.

Jimmy

hi jimmy,

maybe you want to find a good 'election' time to start the business.. it sounds like these questions you are asking could have an answer in a good election time for the start of your website. i am thinking election as opposed to horary astrology here..