"Will I get this job" horary - wrong answer!

Hi,
I'd be interested in your feedback on this chart. It's one that I feel I'm blind to! I cant read it any other way to my first impression and yet I obviously didn't read it right!
A few weeks ago someone asked me if she would get a job she wanted to apply for. She didn't want to go back to the work situation she had been on long term leave from and this was a great opportunity for a step up in her field of work. When I cast the chart I straight away thought that's a yes. Maybe I was too hasty giving my answer!
L1 Moon in 3rd Virgo
L10 Jupiter is in H1 - Its handed to her on a plate I thought!
My answer was that she would get it if she wanted it. But I warned that it might not be the "dream job" (Neptune on 10th cusp) that it was looking like from her current position. She may not like it, L10 in detriment to L1. Maybe it wasn't really such a hot career move, L11, Mars (rewards) retro in 5th

Moons aspects - opposed Venus then sextile L10

Anyway I missed something :/ because she just told me she didn't get the job and is really disappointed!

Any help to point out my errors appreciated :)

[/img]
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever."
Chinese proverb

www.astrologyreadings.eu

Maybe a rival candidate (7th house) got the job instead of her. Mars is in zodiaco sq to Jupiter and then a trine from an ill-dignified Saturn forms a kind of composite besiegement. Anyone else?
MJ
Matthew Goulding

Moon (L1) is in tight applying opposition with Venus. Venus is tightly conjunct cusp of 10th house. Don't you think that it shows that she might not get the desired job but with extreme effort can be promoted in the current job related to 'Venusian line of Work' or compromising on issues of Venus?

Edit after reading post of Johannes:

It further shows that she is considered integral part of her current job. Her lack of success is due to too much distraction caused by 5th house matters. She does not seem to be currently fit for the kind of work/field she applied.
Last edited by Morpheus on Fri May 09, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Jupiter, lord 10, so lord of the job, and the Moon, lord of the querent, are in application to a promising sextile. But immedeately after the question, i.e. 2 minutes in longitude, the Moon is coming to the oppsosition of Venus. So Venus is prohibiting the perfection of the sextile and in any case the job for the querent.

Venus is lady of the 5th (8th of the firm) and the 11th (2nd of the firm), the quesited firm's money and difficulties and problems.

This is why difficulties and problems of the firm by money could be the possible reason for the NO aswer in this question, even though the firm has been very interested in the querent, the significator of the firm being in the querent's ascendant.

Thanks for the responses.
I'm really frustrated with myself. on her behalf too, for not seeing the obvious in this chart. For some reason I just completely overlooked it!
That opposition to Venus - I should have paid more attention to it! I read it as an obstacle but for some reason I didn't see it as being so absolute. Not enough to say she wouldn't get the job - I don't know why as now it seems clear enough. ':???:'

Just thinking back - I read it as her not accepting the job even if it was offered.

Johannes

Yes, I did wonder about the money of the company. I asked her at the time when we discussed the chart if there was any reason to suspect they may not be able to pay her what she wanted or expected. Maybe the company was not as well fixed financially as they should be or preferred someone they could pay less?

Morpheus
It further shows that she is considered integral part of her current job. Her lack of success is due to too much distraction caused by 5th house matters. She does not seem to be currently fit for the kind of work/field she applied.
Can you explain this and how you see that she is integral to her current job?

Interesting, she told me that she took a break away from her existing position because of an ongoing stressful conflict with a co-worker. I asked her at the time if there was any threat that this situation with the co-worker would undermine her application. Do you think that might be the case?
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever."
Chinese proverb

www.astrologyreadings.eu

kakabel wrote:Johannes

Yes, I did wonder about the money of the company. I asked her at the time when we discussed the chart if there was any reason to suspect they may not be able to pay her what she wanted or expected. Maybe the company was not as well fixed financially as they should be or preferred someone they could pay less?
Without turning the chart the reason could also be, that she possibly acted too laxly, for example, when she applied for the job or presented herself in an interview or talk with representatives of the firm.

Competitors would be signified by Saturn, lord of the 7th, but I cannot see that Saturn was of any relevance within this question.

johannes susato wrote:
This is why difficulties and problems of the firm by money could be the possible reason for the NO aswer in this question, even though the firm has been very interested in the querent, the significator of the firm being in the querent's ascendant.
I would be interested to learn if the vacancy was just not filled - giving credence to Johanne's deduction - or if the job went to somebody else...?

Geoffrey wrote:
johannes susato wrote:
I would be interested to learn if the vacancy was just not filled - giving credence to Johanne's deduction - or if the job went to somebody else...?
Indeed, to get even more information about the matter would be interesting!

But even if the job has been given to someone else, this could have been because this person was a 'cheaper' solution for the firm than to give the position to the querent.

I've contacted the querent and she's promised to get back to me with details of why it didn't work out for her.
I'll post her responses.

thanks, I appreciate your replies :)
Chinese proverb

www.astrologyreadings.eu

hi everyone
Moon opposing venus would have been interference.
Yes Jupiter in 1st is promising but the fact that Venus is in MH being opposed by Moon would be been a nail to the coffin

the chart is correct.

hello all.

this is my first post on the Skyscript forum! quite excited to find a thread that I can contribute to. I?ve read through the posts and have some thoughts to add.

it appears, on every level, like the querent should have gotten the job. we have both benefics well positioned on relevant angles. we have emplacement going the right direction (quesited in querent?s house). the Moon is moving to the quesited?s significator (Jupiter) in the Moon?s own sign of Cancer, even though reception the other way around would have been a surer argument of perfection.

with all these positive testimonies, how did this all fall apart? kakabel, you said you feel terrible for missing something obvious. I don?t think what you missed was obvious at all.

the Moon is in application to an opposition of Venus and to Jupiter. in the interest of transparency I want to share an opinion that this opposition to Venus is not powerful enough to deny perfection on its own. Venus?s essential nature is to unify and reconcile, and is generally an assisting planet. in this chart she rules fortunate houses and is in trine to benefic Jupiter with reception and is bonified by these associations. this is not a planet who intends to obstruct anything.

I am contending that the only reason that Venus and Jupiter denied the Moon her wishes is due to the Moon?s essential positioning (i.e., her zodiacal placement). the Moon is in Virgo, the sign of Venus?s fall and Jupiter?s detriment. notice what Lilly says in Merlini Anglici: ?Be not too confident either of a sextile or trine aspect in violent signs, nor out of those signs in which the planets behold one another, yet essentially suffer."

an opposition to Venus from any other sign might well have shown a hiccup or difficulty the querent needed to overcome relating to one or both of the houses Venus has rulership over. (I have a career chart where a very similar Moon/Venus opposition took place, but signs were different. in that chart it demonstrated the need for the querent to convince her husband, signified by Venus in that chart, that she should accept the new job regardless of the pay offered.)

as stated above, we would need reasons to believe that Venus is hostile to the querent (ruling unfortunate houses, contacting difficult planets, etc.) to judge that Venus intended to interfere with the contact to Jupiter, and that is missing in this chart. this isn?t a textbook example of interference.

this distinction is critical, because to say Venus interferes implies that if the querent?s significator had just met up with Jupiter first the job would have been hers. Jupiter is even more averse to the Moon?s placement, as detriment is a more deplorable condition than fall. Venus was first to rebuff the Moon as a result of her placement in Virgo, but Jupiter later did the same. together they took one look at the Moon and decided they wanted nothing to do with her. think of it as a non-reception, where the applying planet is seen to be approaching the slower planet from enemy territory.

because the Moon is the most inferior planet it was easy work for Venus and Jupiter to deny the Moon in her application to them both. I don?t see an inferior planet having the substance and gravity required to reject a more superior planet. similar to how superiors receive inferiors, superiors deny inferiors.

given Venus?s position on the 10th house cusp, she does have descriptive influence over the job itself, or someone the querent came into contact with representing the job. makes me wonder if the primary interviewer was a woman described by Venus in Pisces. someone puffed up a bit (as in haughty, though potentially curvy as well), difficult to latch onto (notice Venus?s tight conjunction to Neptune), short to middling height, attractive with a pleasing voice. she?d be the one who made the decision to turn the querent down for the position.

this opposition to Venus could also bring out 5th house signification, where both malefics are dwelling and stirring up trouble. it?s possible that Venus felt the Moon was burdened with too much bothersome responsibility (Saturn retrograde in the sign of Venus?s fall) of a 5th house-type nature. did the querent make mention of children in her interview?

at any rate, seeing exalted planets on angles can also indicate hopes that are quite high because perfection seems likely. but exalted planets are known for promising too much, so just be sure to look for supporting indications underneath their bolstering effects. unfortunately in this chart, we just didn?t have enough.

Hello,
I think Venus was very obvious sign of no answer, opposition cutting quickly the option.Venus on MC looks to me rather option than a job.If the client is still in employment the job stays the same and it is indeed Jupiter who wants the client.The client looks in response not interested much,frustrated with dark feeling ( ruled entirely by Mercury owner of 12hs and her mental attitude - the kind of attitude in opposition which Venus hate in Pices just to mention her again).Although being closely to 4hs and allowing moon to proceed she will come to conclusion with the employer and close the chapter with her opponents.With Moon moving from 3rd house of helplessness and often disappear to strong feet of own home things at least will look clearer. ( she must be talking sometimes a bit too much or complaining :) ).