Re: Is this prohibition (Moon's aspects)?

Becca wrote::) Is this confusing, Paul?
Yes.

Prohibition really does not have anything to do with sect.

It is true that when we look at these aspects we are also looking at dignity and at reception. But really prohibition is not defined by whether or not a planet is received. Of course when it comes to perfecting a matter we do need to examine receptions and these add additional colour or information or adjectives about the aspect in question - quesited receiving querent ameliorates the aspect and increases the ease toward perfection, and vice versa.

But prohibition (and frustration and so on) is about a planet interposing itself between our two significators.

I think it's best we don't confuse the matter additionally by bringing in reception and sect. Even though we, in practice, will also be looking at things like reception and dignity etc. as well. It is easier to explain and define prohibition if we separate and isolate its dependencies and just explain what we mean by that particular term alone.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

StellarTiggy wrote:If the Moon has to square, conjunct, oppose, or trine any OTHER planet right before it conjoins your significator, is that prohibition? Because I saw a horary with Sag Rising (Jupiter in Cancer) and the Moon in Cancer first has to square Mars in Libra RX before it conjoins Jupiter in Cancer. If the two main sigs are not applying and the Moon's aspects are as described, is the answer effectively "no" because of prohibition, or what?
Even if the Moon was not prohibited by Mars (but of course, she is!), I wonder what matter by this perfection of the querent's own significator, Jupiter, and his co-significator, the Moon, should be brought about then?

Paul wrote:For example, a relationship question and Venus is applying to Mars. So far so good. But before Venus can perfect with Mars, Mars (the slower of the two) perfects with some other planet (for example Saturn), and we have our example of frustration.
Or when Venus and Mars are our significators again, Venus tries to perfect with Mars but before doing so, Venus perfects with Saturn instead - prohibition.
We should be aware that, if Mars AND Venus are going to perfect a conjunction or an aspect with Saturn, there was even a perfection of the matter - by collection of the light.

Thanks, everyone.

I'll get the hang of this one of these years.

This was an exam question, BTW. I think passing it was better than not passing it for the student.

I understand an opposition to an undignified retrograde Saturn by the querent's significator before it perfects a sextile to the quesited significator to be bad news. I wouldn't see the old boy as terribly helpful.

waybread wrote:The querent (Mercury) and moon were conjunct and combust, and applying to a sextile with the quesited (Venus,) but before the sextile could perfect the moon and Mercury would apply to an opposition with Saturn.

I would agree that, if you refer to your example above, this is prohibition. Provided - and this was my example - that not Venus herself also perfects a conjunction or an aspect with Saturn after those made by Mercury and the Moon. Because then Saturn would collect the light of the significators and thus the matter was perfected.

Paul wrote:
Becca wrote::) Is this confusing, Paul?
Yes.
Is it confusing? I don't think that it is. But if it is to others, how do I personally benefit as well if I were to make it anymore unconfusing than it is?
Prohibition really does not have anything to do with sect.
I think that it could. We can discuss how eslewhere or some other time, if you want.
It is true that when we look at these aspects we are also looking at dignity and at reception. But really prohibition is not defined by whether or not a planet is received. Of course when it comes to perfecting a matter we do need to examine receptions and these add additional colour or information or adjectives about the aspect in question - quesited receiving querent ameliorates the aspect and increases the ease toward perfection, and vice versa.
This is exactly what I am trying to convey - that reception and dignity are part of the process.
But prohibition (and frustration and so on) is about a planet interposing itself between our two significators.
I am aware of this. Prohibition and frustration are basically the same idea, different terminology.
I think it's best we don't confuse the matter additionally by bringing in reception and sect. Even though we, in practice, will also be looking at things like reception and dignity etc. as well. It is easier to explain and define prohibition if we separate and isolate its dependencies and just explain what we mean by that particular term alone.
And there have been quiet a few sufficient explanations and examples of this term already, I think.

hi all

I have a chart here somewhere it is about a girl asking about an opera gig in school .. L1 did not meet L10 BUT Moon did and she stood between L1 and L10. i asked Deb after her lecture in SF about it, she glanced at it and said looks like the girl will get the job. I found it to be more of a jawdropping than reality. Well, another young woman got the job. Moon was the prohibiter

shrug
CD

cosmicdolphin wrote:hi all

I have a chart here somewhere it is about a girl asking about an opera gig in school .. L1 did not meet L10 BUT Moon did and she stood between L1 and L10. i asked Deb after her lecture in SF about it, she glanced at it and said looks like the girl will get the job. I found it to be more of a jawdropping than reality. Well, another young woman got the job. Moon was the prohibiter

shrug
CD
Hello CD,

I would like to have a look at your example chart and investigate it by myself. Could you post the chart, please? Thank you!

cosmicdolphin wrote:Johannes

I am looking for it ... see if you can find it ... it was something along the lines will I get a job ....

If i could remember when Deb came to SF that would help on dates.

Cheers
CD
. . . so let's hope the best. Would be fine really.

Thanks again. CD! :D