Football - May 2014

New month, new opportunities
Some of my last thoughts in the April-thread were regarding how charts vary in complexity. In terms of decision-making, sometimes a chart sways very much in one direction and then judgement seems easy. Other times matters balance close to 50/50 and then it is not easy to know which way things will waver. I'm not sure how wide each of these fields are (ie. Home, Draw, Away), and even then there be other considerations that decide the final outfall of the match (referee decisions, etc).

Matches vary in intensity. Sometimes a game never gets off the ground. Other times, suddenly the balance may capsize, producing irregular and unexpected results and scorelines. We're not quite there yet, but if we continue to work on the total of considerations in a systematic manner together with the hierachy of testimonies we might get somewhere. After all, we do not have to choose the most difficult games. Testing out theory is a good exercise, but selecting those games that offer a certain sense of security is also a good move!

My selections today start with the Swedish Cup:

Malm? FF - Helsingborg, 15.00 CEST 55N36, 13E00
Odds: 1,60 3,75 5,00
Asc 14VI55, MC 9GE05, Moon 8GE34, POF 12LI24
Day Jupiter, Hour Jupiter - LHr is sextile the Asc

Here I go with the home team and favourite by odds because the LHr aspects the asc. that is in the exaltation degree of Mercury. The Moon is conjunct the MC. Mars conjunct Fortuna could be an obstacle, but these are in the same sign as the North node, and Malm? top the Swedish Premier League (Allsvenskan).

Sirius - Elfsborg, 15.00 CEST Uppsala 59N52, 17E38
Odds: 4,25 3,50 1,75
Asc 18VI47, MC 13GE25, Moon 8GE34, POF 16LI16
Day Jupiter, Hour Jupiter - not radical

The two matches have similar starting times, but interesting differences come to surface in this chart. The chart isn't radical and the emphasis shifts to Jupiter's (LHr) dignity on the cusp of the 7th. Mars, in the same sign as POF and NN, casts his antiscia to the cusp of the 7th, where he has dignities by triplicity. Pluto casts and inconjunct to the MC, but take away the invisible planet and Jupiter is both square POF through signs of long ascension and casts his antiscia to close the MC. A slighty delayed kick-off would make this aspect more exact.

A combination of the favourites in both games offer 2,80:1 in odds.
http://www.astronor.com

Sirius - Elfsborg 1-4 :)
Malm? FF - Helsingborg 0-2
:-sk :,

Well, the double didn't work. An impressive performance by Helsinborg who beat the table leaders and were down to 10 men (red card) in the 2nd half, scoring the final goal in extra time. How did they do it? The only thing I can think of is that the sextile of Jupiter, who was LHr and L7, to the ascendant worked in a different way than I expected. Jupiter was sextile the asc though signs of long ascension, but in an unconverted trine to the descendant. And Mars was conjunct Fortuna, of course! :x

Been busy Springcleaning this weekend, so I turned everything else off. However, I DID NOTICE the trine fra Sun in Taurus to Pluto in Capricorn through signs of SHORT ASCENSION. Through the years I have been noting how this often acts out like a square due to a situation of neglect where someone in a position of advantage has taken the outlook for granted.

This particularly spun off in the Spanish Primera Division where Barcelona played a 2-2 draw against Gestafe on Saturday for the astounding 14,5:1 in odds. The away win was priced at 32:1, and I can't imagine what the 2-2 scoreline must have been worth. Then on Sunday Levante won 2-0 against Atletico Madrid with the equally impressive odds of 13,5:1. Real Madrid played 2-2 against Valencia at the odds of 9,2:1. These were the absolute underdogs in this round.

In the Premier League ManU - Sunderland 0-1 at the odds of 7,35:1 and
Chelsea - Norwich 0-0 at the odds 6,95:1 are comparable. :shock:

Does anybody have a foundation date for Sunderland?

Until recently Sunderland were sitting at the bottom of the English Premier League, with everyone, including most of their supporters :) thinking that they would be relegated. Now they are not only safe, but look as if they could finish about 12th.

This turn-round started on the 16 April. After a continuous run of losses, on 16 April they drew away to Man City. They have won every match since then: beating Chelsea away, winning at home against Cardiff, away against Man Utd, and finally winning at home against West Brom.

So, what happened from 16 April? A foundation chart would help.

Woo-hoo! :lala

I picked up 4:1 in odds on a 0-0 scoreline in the first leg of the Wigan-QPR play-off this evening. I completely forgot!

The chart was:
Asc 8SC20, MC 23LE48, Moon 18VI20, POF 7PI36
Day Venus, Hour Jupiter - not radical

'the thing that impressed me with this chart was Fortuna conjunct Neptune in Pisces in the 4th house. Mars, L1, was applying to opposite Venus, L7, with mutual reception. The Sun in the 7th was applying to the opposition of Saturn, L4, in a state of destruction, in the 1st house.

So I judged the match would go nowhere.

The Play-Off's should be excellent for astrological observation. There is no set 'fixture', as the matches are decided after a full season of contesting. There are individual starting times with nothing much else going on simmultaniously. The only catch could be that the end result is decided on the basis of two matches and the question of which team gets regulated is a little tournament in itself.

I am following two games today:

League One, Play-Off:
Peterborough - Leyton, 12.15 BST
Odds: 2,10 3,35 3,60
Asc 23LE06, MC 9TA05, Moon 26VI50, POF 0CP12
Day Saturn, Hour Mercury - not radical

I have selected this game and gone for the home team because the Sun, L1, is elevated in the chart and Saturn, L7, is within 2? of the opposition of the Sun and hence in a state of abolishment or destruction. Seeing that Fortuna is in the 1st degree of Capricorn, I think a 1 goal win might be examined at the price of 5,40:1 but there is no need make things difficult and the home win at 2,10:1 is fair.

Norway, Tippeliga:
Bod?Glimt - Haugesund, 15.30 CEST
Odds: 1,85 3,90 3,75
Asc 27VI24, MC 25GE33, Moon 28VI01, POF 5GE36
Day Saturn, Hour Saturn - radical by mutual powers sign/ruler

This is in my opnion the best chart, astrologically. The Moon is on the ascendant. Mercury, who is L1+L2, is trine Fortuna. The home team are favourites by odds and the chart suggests it is fair to back them.

Peterborough - Leyton 1-1 :?
Peterborough took the lead in the 1st half, but didn't quite hold it to the end. I'm not too pleased, but Saturn often appears to throw ice over a contest.

Bod?Glimt - Haugesund 2-1
Bod?Glimt took a 2-0 lead in the 1st half, with the away team reducing in the 2nd half but the home team got it! :'

I obviously post a loss on the 1st game, but the winnings in the 2nd game cover that and I am up ?30 on the day as a whole. :)

By Sunday evening I was sat with a 5,5:1 return on my initial investment Friday. A little over 1/5 of this was put back into the market (remember some discipline) and everything looked great for a 7:1 return on the weekend as a whole, before a stoppage time goal knocked the wind out of me and put me back to 4:1, which leaves room for a sense of accomplishment. But here is the chart that fooled me;

Molde - Str?msgodset, 19.00 CEST
Odds: 1,75 3,75 4,40
Asc 24LI28, MC 9LE09, Moon 12LI30, POF 16PI03
Day Sun, Hour Mercury - not radical

I thought Molde would get this one. The Sun, L10, casts his antiscia to the MC, and Jupiter (a fortune) is trine POF. Str?msgodset are a strong team and won the series last year, but I believe they lost several of their players after winning the title. Molde got an early goal and then the draw was priced at 5,25:1, but I let this go - not being sure whether Molde or Str?msgodset would get the next goal. When Str?msgodset did equalized I backed Molde at the odds of 3:1. Molde took a 2-1 lead in the 79th minute. I should and could have exited here - but which means letting about 1/4 of the potential prize go back into the market, the only problem is that your position is still 100% exposed - winnings and stake included.

In extra play, Str?msgodset equalized, and I might have cursed before laughing. That's football for you! The final score was 2-2!

The result still bagders me, but there are all these oppositions in the chart that made me think this would be a difficult weekend. The Sun, L10, is opposite Saturn, L4. Venus, L1, is opposite Mars, L7, and these two are cadent and in mutual reception. (Cadency = late into the game and hard to see). The Moon is also cadent in the 12h house and in Libra, coming off the reception of Mars and Venus. That's probably where the snookering happened. Mercury, LHr, was square Neptune - this should be added.

However, in the Primera-division in Spain;
Atletico Madrid - Malaga 1-1 at odds: 6,5:1
Celta Vigo - Real Madrid 2-0 at odds: 5,3:1
Elche - Barcelona 0-0 at odds: 6,7:1
So something 'freaky' was in the air (Press "ESC") :D

Championship Play-off:

QPR - Wigan, 19.45 BST
Odds: 2,20 3,20 3,50
Asc 13SC07, MC 29LE21, Moon 26LI58, POF 17AR38
Day Moon, Hour Sun - Radical by Powers with L1

When working with various types of radicality, I have been exercising a rule with says that when the Lord of the ascendant shares the same powers as the Lord of the Hour, this allows the Lord of the ascendant to more readily hand over the accept of the chart to the reign of the Lord of the Hour. Following that analogy, the position and condition of the Sun should be given throrough examination. Regulus in the South is a Royal fixed Star. The Sun is Lord of the 10th and Lord of the Hour - where is he? In Queens Park, if the Moon's exaltation in Taurus has any meaning.

I notice that Pluto at 13CP23 is sextile the ascendant, and this might signify the black team suits of Wigan, but the planets casts a trine through short ascension to the descendant below the horizon - so this is likely to be a disadvantage to the guests. The home team has an advantage.

QPR - Wigan 2-1 after extra play! (1-1 full time)

I decided to adjust my position into the game. An observation earlier in the week suggested that cadency might have to do with stoppage time or extra play. So I took a break even on the home win in ordinary time and moved into a QPR win in extra play at 3,5:1. Bad luck, Neptunehead! The trine through signs of short ascension seems to indicate someone misusing or loosing an advantage, as was the case.

I also want to share with you an observation from the Norwegian tippeliga this evening;

SandnesUlf - Rosenborg, 19.00 CEST
Asc 25LI29, MC 8LE41, Moon 25LI31, POF 29PI36

The Moon is angular and on the ascendant, and Rosenborg scored the first goal after 39 seconds. the matched ended 0-2 in favour the guests, Rosenborg.

My account climbed a peg this evening, after much hard work! :'

Play-off League One on Tuesday;

Leyton - Peterborough, 19.45 BST
Odds: 2,10 3,45 3,50
Asc 13SC58, MC 0VI38, Moon 9SC52, POF 0TA53
Day Mars, Hour Moon - radical by powers shared with ascendant

In this type of radicality I suggest that the Lord of the Ascendant does not readily hand over the rulership of the chart over to the Lady of the Hour due to their disagreement of powers, or there is something to pay attention to. Mars is an infortune. The mixture of Mars and Moon indicates some sort of problem or infection.

But what are the details of the chart? I notice Draconic Moon is 12AR38 and conjunct Venus, Lady of the 7th, at 12AR16. Mercury is Lord of the 10th and his Draconic position is 14SC03 and conjunct the ascendant. But Mercury in with some sort of relationship to the Scorpio ascendant could be mischief? Leyton are due to play in red and Peterborough in white. I am going to place my attempts with the guests.