Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Transiting planets that are dignified aspecting your natal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StellarTiggy

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Transiting planets that are dignified aspecting your natal Reply with quote

Moon's about to go into Taurus and I'll be experiencing some oppositions and squares to my chart. Some of the natal planets are in detriment and fall, while t. Venus is obviously dignified. I've always had trouble understanding the impact of transits. I can't imagine an opposition/square will be something positive, and some of these planets rule the angles (1st, 6th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th). Can anyone help out? I am worried I'll have a falling out in my career seeing the 10th involved. THanks!
waybread

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am mindful that this is a traditional astrology website, but.....

The transiting moon and Venus move so quickly, and are "softer" planets, so I don't think you're likely to experience negative effects from them. The moon can act as a trigger, however, in terms of the timing of an event that relates to other planets whose aspect/s did not yet perfect.

Others may disagree, but I think if tracking your transits makes you anxious or fearful, you're better off with a different hobby. A lifetime is full of all kinds of transits, both pleasant and difficult, and I can't imagine stressing every time the ephemeris shows a potentially difficult transit.

If you are worried about a falling-out at work, see what you can do now to smooth over any potentially difficult situation there.To me, the whole point of studying transits would be to prepare for them in advance; and then to be extra-mindful of any potentially volatile ones.

A great modern astrology source is Robert Hand, Planets in Transit.
Mjacob

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Forum Reply with quote

@Waybread - there is a separate forum on skyscript for traditional astrology so I see no stricture against modern astrology here but your point is sound. I check my daily forecast on astro.com and the moon does half a dozen transits in one day and then something else the next. Work still sucks from Monday to Friday notwithstanding
Matthew
james_m

Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto waybreads comment.
Paul
Administrator

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like James, I agree with Waybread's points here.

Honestly the Moon makes a full transit of everything in your chart every four weeks.

If Moon or Venus (etc) are some time lord such as a profection lord of the year then you may wish to note its ingresses and periods where those planets ingress into signs where they receive dignity (and vice versa).

Ask yourself, what does Venus rule in my chart, what is it's natal condition, is it a time lord for this year, and then observe that when in dignity it's acting at its best. Squares and oppositions may indicate that we have some stress or conflict about the things involved, or that those planets act more powerfully or manifest more strongly in our lives.

https://heavenlysphere.com/
Larxene

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not worry about transits on their own. It is more important, in my opinion, to first look at your chart using longer timing techniques. If those techniques indicate difficulties when certain planetary combinations occur in transits, then I would pay more attention to transits.

The appearance changes, but the essence remains.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: