So could mean, his claim to kingship or honor is getting blocked due to faulty communication or a friend or some group/community
I didn't clarify so here goes. Honor blocked by the press or attempted to be blocked by the press. The native gets bad press (deservedly or otherwise) and that deprives or attempts to deprive him of honor promised by Sun in the 10th.

Frankly, I hadn't thought of that before I read Vasanth's post. Visually the Sun (honors) is applying to Mars (the native) and so is Mercury applying to Mars, so I'm not sure if this works. But if we look at the chart statically, Mercury is blocking the Sun from Mars. Visually, this makes sense if we allow that, somehow, Mercury signifies the press. But I suppose that since Mercury signifies communication that we could allow for it as that is what the press does - communicates. But Mercury rules the 7th (enemies) as well as a chunk of the 10th in quadrant houses. Your enemies will give you bad press - so maybe.

irisalbus wrote:
Mjacob wrote: (?) Mars in 12th in scorpio could be about secrets and Jupiter in the moon's house is expansive and relating to the people so he revealed the scandals of others to the wider world (...)

The thought occurred to me while I was in the shower and I was hoping to say something about the native rather than than the house system. If I am right it is worth looking at again but if wrong it can be ignored. A planet in a house or a sign means something or it does not and we can only await the answer
MJ
Matthew Goulding

no disappointment on my end iris - more fascination! i look forward to your description of mars as a whole sign house placement too! feel free to cite the mashallah and other passages if you have them handy. thanks.
irisalbus wrote:
james_m wrote:hi irisalbus,

very good. i can't understand how you get this just off the mars placement in placidus! some of it i understand, but i would be very curious to know your full read on the chart if mars in 12th placidus is all you used for this!

Hello James,

sorry to disappoint you, on the one hand it was all based on writings of Masha'allah, Bonatti and Ibn Ezra, on the other hand I am usually good at analysing but not at synthetising, so not at full reading (yet) :-/

Iris

Ok,

A very complex aspect combinations at play

Here is the aspect order for Mars ->

Mars first separates from a square of Venus
Mars is then applying to a trine of Jupiter; meanwhile Sun starts applying to sextile Mars
but Mercury retrogrades and comes in between; it first meets Jupiter and then Mars.
After Mercury separates from Mars; Mars continues to apply to Jupiter.
Finally Mars trines with Jupiter and at this point Mercury is in the heart of the Sun - Cazimi!!
Then when Sun catches up with Mars; Venus had already contacted Saturn

Hope I got it right.

The Moon first applies to Jupiter and then Mars and others

quick comments ->
So what I see is Mars trying to transfer Venus cause or goods to Jupiter; but Mercury comes in between uninvited; either Mercury is the trouble maker or helps to achieve the translation quicker, since it contacts both Mercury and Jupiter.
Bringing the Sun in the picture. The Sun is pursuing Mars, but Mercury helps or hinders by getting the information quickly to Sun. Mercury becomes the hero (cazimi)
I think it all starts with Venus/Leo

will try to pull in house rulerships and placements ...

Venus/Leo ruling 7th in 10th sign and 9th quadrant. This could indicate a famous (Leo) female personality the native meets abroad.

Venus in the bound of Saturn and also conjunct Saturn/Leo is in too much problems. Venus is separating from square of Mars. Maybe Mars is trying to get justice (Jupiter) for Venus' cause; but the press/Mercury (Tom's hint) spoils it.

I've been thinking about how to go about this and I don't like the way I've ended these things in the past. I write up a short sketch of a biography and reveal the mystery and everything after that is anti climactic. Worse still is that many people who put a good deal of time and effort into the chart don't get acknowledged. I think something is lost that way.

So I was thinking instead of doing the above, continue doing what I've been doing here but more deliberately, i.e. revealing bits of the life that relate to what people have been writing and what I know about the native, but not revealing the name just yet. I'm not doing this to tease but rather to encourage more discussion and perhaps get deeper into the chart this way. I think withholding the name keeps biases from creeping in assuming anyone knows enough about him to be biased. IN other words we stick more to the astrology.

I haven't done this before and I'm not sure if it will work as I hope or not. If not, I'll just stop and reveal the name.

The information will be Mars related and anything that relates to Mars in the chart is OK even if we stray a bit. I"m also going to swing back and forth on the houses and I urge anyone wishing to chime in to be sure the reader knows which house system he or she is using.