regarding my quote from Frawley from yesterday... the word i was looking for was domestic...

it is the difference between being a nomad and being domestic... Frawley suggests we went from a nomadic to a domestic astrology, thus the emphasis on houses, as opposed to places..
james_m wrote:i got a kick out of john Frawley in his book - the real astrology applied... he says something to the effect they were called places, not houses - for a reason... our modern mindset in unable to understand it.. it is the difference between being a nomad and being a prisoner.. he doesn't use the last word, but i can't find the passage in the book where he talks about this... he says some stupid things too,but makes up for it with entertainment value, lol...

james_m wrote:regarding my quote from Frawley from yesterday... the word i was looking for was domestic...

it is the difference between being a nomad and being domestic... Frawley suggests we went from a nomadic to a domestic astrology, thus the emphasis on houses, as opposed to places..
james_m wrote:i got a kick out of john Frawley in his book - the real astrology applied... he says something to the effect they were called places, not houses - for a reason... our modern mindset in unable to understand it.. it is the difference between being a nomad and being a prisoner.. he doesn't use the last word, but i can't find the passage in the book where he talks about this... he says some stupid things too,but makes up for it with entertainment value, lol...
Frawley is great for being quite witty and making things easy to understand.

His great skill though isn't in tracing the history of astrological terminology, so it's probably a good idea to take this with a good pinch of salt.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

thanks paul.. i believe you are correct!

it is fun to consider the idea of people, or astrologers going from a nomadic group to a domesticated one in relation to the seriousness given over to 'houses' - something a nomadic group would be less fixated on... but, regardless - i agree with you and he is really just having fun with words - a mercury or gemini type characteristic as i see it..