Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Equal verses unequal house systems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james_m

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regarding my quote from Frawley from yesterday... the word i was looking for was domestic...

it is the difference between being a nomad and being domestic... Frawley suggests we went from a nomadic to a domestic astrology, thus the emphasis on houses, as opposed to places..

james_m wrote:
i got a kick out of john Frawley in his book - the real astrology applied... he says something to the effect they were called places, not houses - for a reason... our modern mindset in unable to understand it.. it is the difference between being a nomad and being a prisoner.. he doesn't use the last word, but i can't find the passage in the book where he talks about this... he says some stupid things too,but makes up for it with entertainment value, lol...
Paul
Administrator

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
regarding my quote from Frawley from yesterday... the word i was looking for was domestic...

it is the difference between being a nomad and being domestic... Frawley suggests we went from a nomadic to a domestic astrology, thus the emphasis on houses, as opposed to places..

james_m wrote:
i got a kick out of john Frawley in his book - the real astrology applied... he says something to the effect they were called places, not houses - for a reason... our modern mindset in unable to understand it.. it is the difference between being a nomad and being a prisoner.. he doesn't use the last word, but i can't find the passage in the book where he talks about this... he says some stupid things too,but makes up for it with entertainment value, lol...

Frawley is great for being quite witty and making things easy to understand.

His great skill though isn't in tracing the history of astrological terminology, so it's probably a good idea to take this with a good pinch of salt.

https://heavenlysphere.com/
james_m

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks paul.. i believe you are correct!

it is fun to consider the idea of people, or astrologers going from a nomadic group to a domesticated one in relation to the seriousness given over to 'houses' - something a nomadic group would be less fixated on... but, regardless - i agree with you and he is really just having fun with words - a mercury or gemini type characteristic as i see it..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: