The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Death of Wolfgang Döbereiner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunlumo

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Death of Wolfgang Döbereiner Reply with quote

Wolfgang Döbereiner, born in Munich on Febr. 28th, 1928, died a few days ago. He was the founder of the so-called Munich school of rhythms - "Münchner Rhythmenlehre".
Not many people outside the German-speaking world have heard of him. Only bits of his readings have been translated. But he has had an tremendous influence in the German speaking countries. - Without any doubt one of the great astrologers of the last century.
LL
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for passing this on and taking him into memory. Thumbs up
Lunlumo

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:-)
http://www.radical-astrology.com/articles/articles/others/dobereiner.html
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No better way to pass on his memory than passing on a link to some of his work. Thumbs up
Philip Graves

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry to learn this news, and extend my sincere consolations to his friends and family.

Döbereiner is undoubtedly a famous figure in late 20th century astrology, and should be known even outside the German-speaking astrological community to anyone who pays attention to the history of 20th century astrology as a whole and reads books about it (e.g. those by James Herschel Holden).

Döbereiner's main works in German seem to have been very strong sellers, going through several printings each. It's true that only portions of his work have been translated into English, and this, combined with their limited adoption in the marketplace and the fact that the translations are now at least 30 years old and have been out of print for most of that time, may explain why not so many English-speaking astrologers active today are familiar with Döbereiner's work, although I would bet that more were 25-30 years ago.

In my personal collection I have copies of the following:

1a. Dobereiner, Wolfgang ‘Astrologisches Lehr- und Ubungskurs nach Protokollarischen Aufzeichnungen eines Abendkurses, basierend auf dem System der Muncher Rhythmenlehre: I. Teil’ 4 Auflage - Herausgegeben im Selbstverlag, 1983

1b. Dobereiner, Wolfgang ‘Astrologisches Lehr- und Ubungskurs nach Protokollarischen Aufzeichnungen eines Abendkurses, basierend auf dem System der Muncher Rhythmenlehre: II. Teil’ 3 Auflage - Herausgegeben im Selbstverlag, 1983

1c. Dobereiner, Wolfgang ‘Astrologisches Lehr- und Ubungskurs nach Protokollarischen Aufzeichnungen eines Abendkurses, basierend auf dem System der Muncher Rhythmenlehre: III. Teil’ Herausgegeben im Selbstverlag, 1982

1d. Dobereiner, Wolfgang ‘Astrologisches Lehr- und Ubungskurs nach Protokollarischen Aufzeichnungen eines Abendkurses, basierend auf dem System der Muncher Rhythmenlehre: IV. Teil’ 4. Auflage – Verlag Döbereiner, München, 1997

1e. Dobereiner, Wolfgang ‘Astrologisches Lehr- und Ubungskurs nach Protokollarischen Aufzeichnungen eines Abendkurses, basierend auf dem System der Muncher Rhythmenlehre: V. Teil’ 2. Auflage – Verlag Döbereiner, München, 1996

1f. Dobereiner, Wolfgang ‘Astrologisches Lehr- und Ubungskurs nach Protokollarischen Aufzeichnungen eines Abendkurses, basierend auf dem System der Muncher Rhythmenlehre: VI. Teil’ 3. Auflage – Verlag Döbereiner, Herrsching, 2002

1g. Dobereiner, Wolfgang, tr. Wyner, Hal ‘Textbook of Astrology: the Munich Rhythm Theory Volume I’ The Munich Rhythm Theory Press’, Munich, West Germany, 1984

I'm aware of there having been two further volumes of the English translation of his main work, but they seem to be very scarce. I saw one lot of the three-volume set of the English translation on eBay a good seven or eight years ago now fetching a handsome sum in competitive bidding. I'm not aware of English translations of Vols. 4, 5 and 6 ever having been published, however.

2a. Dobereiner, Wolfgang ‘Astrologisches-homoopathische Erfahrungsbilder zur Diagnose und Therapie von Erkrankungen’ Band 1 – 3., korrigierte und erweiterte - Herausgegeben im Selbstverlag, 1985

2b. Dobereiner, Wolfgang ‘Astrologisches-homoopathische Erfahrungsbilder zur Diagnose und Therapie von Erkrankungen’ Band 2: Beispiele fur die astrologische Praxis – Herausgegeben im Selbstverlag, 1982

2c. Dobereiner, Wolfgang, tr. Wyner, Hal ‘Patterns of Experience in the Astrological Diagnosis and Homeopathic Treatment of Illnesses Volume 1’ Munich Rhythm Theory Press, Munich, West Germany, 1983

It appears that no Volume 2 of this title appeared in English, perhaps due to slow sales of the first volume?

3. There has also been a journal dedicated to Munich Rhythm Theory-related articles, edited and published by one Verena Franke, called:

Astrologiezeitung für die Müncher Rythmenlehre.

I have only some issues of this. At least 30 main issues plus nine 'Sonderheft' were published.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> News, Notices, Books, Links All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: