Skyrack

Thanks, and i normally do stick to the trad aspects but i couldn't resist 'Mercury Magic' in the 13:45. As it happens 'Lightning Moon' won - Jupiter conjunct Moon - should have really gone with that!

In the 1000 Guineas the 5th trined Mercury, though.

skyrack wrote:Neptunehead,

Well done with Miss France.
Was there any reasoning behind that one?
Hi, skyrack - Firstly, I've moved my entire astrological studies over to Sidereal, and I'm more comfortable there - not bashing Tropical though.

Venus in Pisces was the key to the chart. Not only is she LHR, but also the 2nd major aspect from Campanus 5th cusp. A wide Sextile, but Mercury didn't resonate with anything I could find on the card. Plus, she's the closet planet to an angle. I don't use the outers in sports astrology.

Miss (Venus) France (she rules 9th - foreign lands). Her dispositer is Jupiter (foreign) ruling the 4th (lands, roots) and is conjunct the Moon.

The Venus ruler governs mid - deeper Blues - the jockey silks.

I think the important thing is to try and find a repeated theme. If something is true, it will be shown 3, 4 or more times in the chart.

That's why I like, GB's colour theory - it adds another repeated layer.

Lastly, Miss France was pretty high up in the market. Nathan is right, one must combine 'discretion with art'.

The Scoop 6 is a Tote bet that most online bookmakers make available. The Tote selects 6 races - this Saturday's are:

13:45 Newmarket, !4:40 Newbury, 14:55 Newmarket
15:25 Thirsk, 15:30 Newmarket and 16:00 Thirsk

You have to select the winner in each race and if correct get the pool. If nobody gets all six correct the pool rolls over. It currently stands at ?10 million :) If each of your six selections is placed, you share in the place pool, currently about ?100,000

As you don't get to select the races it is rather difficult, but with those odds on offer I think it might be worth a go this week :)

Epsom Derby

Apparently there is an impending football tournament distracting people from proper sporting activities. If anyone has remembered the Epsom Derby should kick off at 4pm tomorrow (Saturday).
The chart looks as unpromising as that for the 2000 Guineas, which was confirmed by the failure to nail the winner. The Moon in the 12th isn't inspiring me but the immediate major aspect is it's conjunction to Mars. I'm looking for a less fancied runner but as usual some names are giving difficulty; does anyone know what Ebanoran means? What about Pinzolo or Romsdal?

The applying opposition from Venus (L1) to Saturn suggests the favourite (Australia) may lack stamina so may be worth laying.

I'm having problems as well. There could be a strong Jupiter influence (by name or colour) as Jupiter is Lord of the Hour, and the Asc is closely applying by square.

Mercury is also worth looking at as it is stationary retrograde.

Still can't decide :)

I agree that names can be a problem - Friday's Oaks was won by Taghrooda. What sort of name is that? How are we supposed to find an astrological significator for it?

There's a few in the Derby that i'm happy to back
Geoffrey Chaucer 11/1
Western Hymn 14/1

EDIT: I've also gone for a wild e/w punt on Impulsive Moment @66/1

Both can be found by taking the 5th to Mercury L12. The ant. of PoF is 18.26 - bang on Saturn L4, suggesting that the going might be slower than it's been over the last few days. Could be a day to pick one that's prefers good or good to soft.

There are two points that i have noticed using the added method recently:
1) It seems to work better on the lower grade races such as maidens, novices etc..Maybe this is because these group 1 horses are so evenly matched?
2) A horse that's signified to the ASC will generally finish in a place.

Had a nice one last week:

Lingfield 15:40 5 June 2014
5th 18? Aqu 06' Square Saturn 18?Scor10' in 1st, L4
ant. PoF 15?Sag05' in 2nd
Roman Riches 14/1 :shock: