Re: 1000 Guineas

pipedreamer wrote:I see My Titania is scratched.

Rizeena provides the benchmark having raced eight times as a 2yo including against colts (at Deauville) when she finished third. I wonder what the name translates as? She is currently favourite at 3/1.
The nearest that i could find for Rizeena is Rasim - an Arabic word for 'planner or architect' - but this seems it little bit far off.

Or 'Retsina' - a Greek wine.

Might need to get the arabic parts book out :???:

Nathan, at least you gave the winner a mention; why did you originally think of Night of Thunder?
I stood at the 2 furlong pole and failed to notice NoT going down or coming back, so maybe I was affected by the trine from the Sun to Pluto?! Certainly one that got under the radar.

I have been wondering about the 2000 gns result. The chart was not radical and an outsider, Night of Thunder, won, with the favourite second, and Australia (the second favourite) third. So they were in odds order, except that an outsider jumped the queue :)

Can we work-out what happened?

Thunder is traditionally signified by Mars, I think. The Jovian thunderbolt does not seem to feature in the astrological authorities I have checked. Night could be the IC, Saturn? (possibly) or the Moon as the night sect ruler. We might also note the colours: white with a red diagonal band - Moon and Mars.

The favourite who came second was Kingman, carrying colours of green (which I associate with Venus but other thoughts welcome) with a pink diagonal band and white sleeves. King is usually associated with the Sun and Man possibly with Mars.

My initial thoughts are that the winner had elements of Mars and Moon, and possibly the IC or Saturn. The second places favourite had Sun, Venus, Mars and Moon. The Moon more dominant for the winner and the Sun more dominant for the second.

Now, can we find this clearly in the chart?

I should also say that the 1000 gns on Sunday 4th, 15:50 at Newmarket, has a chart radical by triplicity, with Venus LHr and the Moon just past the conjunction with Jupiter. Otherwise it is almost the same as Saturday at 15:50

Side-stepping an opinion as why Night of Thunder won at the moment:-

My thought before the race was that Jupiter would represent Kingman. (Jupiter = the kings men).

If Kingman had won I would have thought the LHR (Jupiter) was strong but the chart was not radical would have been worth noting. As it is, a strong LHR and not radical does not support a favourite winning.

I'll have to see if this line of thought still stands scrutiny after the 1000 Guineas.

2000 Guineas:

Make of this what you will.

I have used the 5th house cusp previously and its Sabian symbol to choose the name of the horse.

Using Placidus cusps, the 5th house cusp Sabian symbol is 'an unexpected thunderstorm'!!

Tomorrow it is 'a deserter from the navy'

In Greek and Roman myth, Jupiter is 'Lord of storms, cloud gatherer'.

The POF antiscion is bang on Venus in Pisces. Venus rules the 9th. Jupiter rules the 4th, and sits in Canopus. The oldest known expression of this constellation is the vessel used by Osiris and Isis after the great deluge which flooded the earth.

Of course it's easy to be clever in hindsight. Well done, Nathan.

1000 Guineas

1000 Guineas

The cusp of the 5th next aspects Mercury by Trine.
The Lord of the 12th is the Sun.
Both are in Taurus ruled by Venus.
The Part of Victory in Horsemanship I cast to 22VIR29 and applies to Mercury by Trine.
The Sabian symbol for the Campanus cusp of the 5th is "A soldier receiving two awards for bravery in combat."
Bracelet to win?

1000 Guineas

I'm sticking with my two picks from Friday - Sandiva and Bracelet - e/w and a win respectively.

My other bets today are:

13:45 Salisbury:
5th Cusp quincunx Mercury, conjunct MC.
Mercury Magic sounds too good to be true at 8/1, does it not? :'

16:35 Salisbury:
5th Sextiles Venus - Saucy Minx 8/1 :-T

Anyway, i'm off to watch The Arsenal secure the most important trophy in English football - 4th place :shock: , so i'll miss the big race today.

Good luck!