2000 Guineas

Mercury in fixed earth probably indicates that the race will be run at a steady pace - but it doesn't describe the fact that Bookrunner has flown 1000's of miles across the atlantic to take part. And i'm sure that it's owners wouldn't have gone through all that hassle if they didn't think he had a chance.

And besides, Forrest Gump probably had Mercury in Taurus, and he was a great runner.

Still, as i stated, i'm only going e/w here as i've noticed that my own judgement becomes clearer towards the beginning of the race - and quite often when they're at the post. That's why most of my selections made here are posted just a few minus before a race.

The problem that we have with the hour ruler is the results that it produces. If for example, we have Mars as the hour ruler, that should indicate that all the races around that time would produce a Mars type horse or that the silks are of a Mars colour, but it doesn't. For example, you might have 3 or 4 horses with a Mars name - who do you pick from Redrum, War Chief or Red Marauder?

I think that name association is by far the most important thing to consider - as the name contains the essence of the horse. Which is, and i'm sure that you would agree, a living, breathing being with a personality and a sprit. And i think the name contains the sprit of the horse. The winners of these big races are written into the history books - and no-one either remembers or cares about the silks it's rider wore.

However, that is not to say that colours shouldn't be taken into account - but they are only a very minor testimony compared to other factors in my opinion. It's the same thing as reading a nativity for someone and judging their chart based on the colour of the uniform they wear to work, or even the colour of the uniform their boss wears.

Still, i think the reason for this thread is to find a method that works - just like those on the footie thread are doing.

gs53 wrote:This time color method did not work.
Results for Ascot 15:45:

1st Tac De Boistron
2nd Earth Amber

Not true, gs53 - you called it exactly right.

TAC DE BOISTRON won and the jockey was wearing yellow silks. Mars resonates with yellow every day.
He delights in Red colour, or Yellow, fiery and shining like Saffron, and in those Savours which are bitter, sharp and burn the Tongue; Humours, Choler. - William Lilly 1647
GB is right, if the name and silk colour match, the horse either wins, or comes 2nd very often.

I have tested the colour theory on every UK and Irish horse race over the past 6 weeks, and Lilly scores the best when compared to Picatrix, etc.

The only point I'd contest is all his Mercury connections. In my study, Mercury is mainly light-mid blue. I have not been able to correlate his 'mixed' colour combination.

My attempt at the 2000 Guineas:

LHR Jupiter and Moon in Cancer and angular.
Jupiter/Moon strong by exaltation and rulership.
Both planets are in a northern sign and in a southern house.
A horse from the south running in the north?
Pick- Australia

These are the horses that i backed today using the 5th Cusp Method - Don Poli and Lots of Memories ran in the same race - i backed both as i couldn't decide which horse to back.

3rd (9) Solar Magic 5/2 2Fav
2nd (5) Earth Amber 16/1
1st (1) Maven 4/1
1st (5) Latenightrequest 6/1
2nd (7) Don Poli 11/4 2Fav
3rd (4) Lots Of Memories 7/1
1st (5) Sharp Suit 6/4 Fav
3rd (3) Corn Maiden 5/1 Fav
2nd (1) Foundry Square 6/1

8 Races

3 x 1st
3x 2nd
3x 3rd

There is a consensus emerging about Saturday's 2000gns: Australia as a near favourite pick, and possibly Bookrunner as an e.w. chance.

The following day, Sunday 4th May at 15:50 Newmarket there is the fillies classic: the 1000gns. Perhaps we should start looking at that as well. The Campanus 5th applies quite closely to trine Mercury 22CP45 to 23TA54. Mercury is also Lord of the 1st and the Lort of the Hour is Venus.

My Titania looks interesting at 8/1 as a first thought.

1000 Guineas

I lived in Syros, Greece, many Moons ago. There I lived with a girl named Titania and i used to affectionally call her 'Titania Mou' - 'My Titania' in Greek.

" Titania was a Titan and Queen of the Faeries"

- but that didn't apply to my ex, mind. She had long curly red hair, taught classics at Uni level and once attacked me with a red-hot iron - she was a Leo, her Sun conjoined my Venus (27? if your into that sort of thing), and she was of an extremely feral nature. But lovely with it, in small doses, i'd like to add.

I shall be looking for an alternative in this case.

:?

My attempt at the 1000 Guineas (Sunday)

Class 1 race- radical chart- favourite

LHR Venus angular in 7th. Foreign? Favourite is Irish registered.

LHR Venus - nobility - owner is Sheikh .....

I'm assuming the Horse forum is not adverse to postings backing the favourite
:?

Pick - Rizeena

1000 Guineas

I see My Titania is scratched.

Rizeena provides the benchmark having raced eight times as a 2yo including against colts (at Deauville) when she finished third. I wonder what the name translates as? She is currently favourite at 3/1.

Both luminaries seem to favour Jupiter so I find myself leaning away from the favourite toward Amazing Maria (a grey - Moon trines Saturn), Lucky Kristale or Tapestry (unable to define precisely why the latter).