I probably did not make myself clear when talking about scheduled time versus actual time of the off.

I have seen races start 60 or even 90 seconds late. The effect is not on planets obviously, it is on the 5th cusp. It can mean that at the scheduled time the 5th cusp was applying to a planetary aspect, but at the actual time, a minute later, this aspect was separating and the cusp is now applying to a different planet. That is rather important :)

As I said, in fact I find the scheduled time of the race works better. This might mean that separating aspects that are still very close are more effective that applying aspects with a wide orb. Difficult to tell.

It can mean that at the scheduled time the 5th cusp was applying to a planetary aspect, but at the actual time, a minute later, this aspect was separating and the cusp is now applying to a different planet. That is rather important
How many minutes of arc does a cusp move in 90 seconds?

Really, it makes no difference unless the cusp is in exact aspect to the significator to start with. But the whole idea of using this method is to move it until you find the correct planet, and that's not necessarily the first one you come across. Maybe that's why it doesn't work for you?
Verum e

astrogooner wrote:How many minutes of arc does a cusp move in 90 seconds?
Really, it makes no difference unless the cusp is in exact aspect to the significator to start with.
It can move a degree in 90 seconds. If the original aspect is very close it will make a significant difference, applying becomes separating.

I am not sure what you mean by "But the whole idea of using this method is to move it until you find the correct planet, and that's not necessarily the first one you come across."

Are you saying that the 5th cusp method has to be supported by other indications for the same planet? How do you find "the correct planet"? You seem to be advocating what I and others use - find the horse that is best indicated by a number of reinforcing factors in the chart - where the 5th cusp is just one of them.

Are you saying that the 5th cusp method has to be supported by other indications for the same planet?
I said nothing of the sort, but maybe i didn't make myself clear. I am saying that the 5th Cusp method should be supported by indications for the NAME OF THE HORSE, not the planet. This is because i believe that it's the horse that wins the race, not the planet nor the colour of shirt that the rider happens to be wearing. Of course, the more testimony there is the better chance that particular horse has of winning. It's a question of finding a way into and around the chart. I'm afraid it's not a simple case of casting a chart and Hey Presto! A Winner!

For example - 5th cusp quincunx to 12th house Neptune, in the term of Venus, Lady of the 6th, who herself is in the term of Mars, Lord 7 - clearly shows us the name 'Fiftyshadesoffreed'.

Another example is the horse 'Forgotton Rules' - 5th 21Tau47 opposite Saturn 22Scorp20 in the term of Mercury at 21Lib24R 13:45 Ascot 18.10.14.

But like every thing that astrology is applied to, one needs to understand the subject in question.

A good horse to follow is one named 'Black Granite'. It's won 3 times since October and every time the indicators were different, yet always still carried the same theme, albeit in different ways.
Verum e