Arsenal

Andrew Bevan wrote:Monday, April 28.

Feeling lucky? The 0-2 handicap at the Emirates and the underdog in Series A comes out as a double priced 24:1. :???:

I support Arsenal and I think our team will fight for the valuable fourth place in the premiership so I made a modest bet for a 2-0 victory and the double as Andrew suggested for a fun bet
MJ
Matthew Goulding

MJ wrote:I support Arsenal and I think our team will fight for the valuable fourth place in the premiership so I made a modest bet for a 2-0 victory and the double as Andrew suggested for a fun bet.
I included it in my combinations. That is probably the last we will see of that money! :lol:

I believe Arsenal is looking towards raising it's face after several poor games. That is why I think they will go for every goal they can get out of today's match - in addition to the astrological.
http://www.astronor.com

Well, it was probaby worth its money with Sassuola leading the game 1-0 for the best of about 30 minutes - but I recall from a curling competition years back (no comparison elsewise) that the lights aspecting POF also by hard aspect (ie. square or opposition) was still an indication of the Favourite. Sassuola - Juventus 1-3.

Arsenal did their job with a 3-0 victory. I believe that 2,8:1 on the 0-2 handicap was the best and a good return on that game. Personally, I did not have the winning combination. Next time! ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------
PS. I recall a rule that says that a chart will be radical if the LHr aspects the ascendant, but the type of radicality takes colour of the type of aspect. I.e. the LHr opposite the Ascendant is a 'yes', but with difficulty. The same might be said concerning a Light opposite Fortuna - that it is still a 'yes' in terms of the favourite, but with obstacle.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Janis Valkovskis wrote:John on 26 April wrote:
Dodeks- Janis/Konrad: Which computer software do you use to calculate dodeks? How do dodeks differ from Twelfth Parts?
There is no difference between dodeks and Twelfth Parts. Just different terms. I use Solar Fire (it doesn't have option Twelfth Parts). Calculation is easy and it takes me just over half a minute to find where the 12th parts fall (I use ASC degree and POF degree). I use 12th parts only for run-off-the-mill games like Saturday's at 15:00 and only if the charts are almost identical and we have several pairs of teams signified by the same planet or by the same pair of planets. We do not need to use such tiny testimonies as 12th parts for individual games; they are decided by more powerful testimonies.
Janis is correct, there is no difference though Solar Fire does calculate them if you have a more recent version: (http://alabe.com/SFV8whatsnew.html). They will be under D-12 or Dwadasama or something like that. The Indian D-12 positions are the 12th-parts. I would also disagree with Janis on his idea that they are tiny testimonies, many ancient astrologers valued them very highly and the etymology of their name is most interesting - moira has meanings of one's fate or portion of destiny, and considering my own view that they are fractals of space just as directions and profections are fractals of time, I do not take them lightly. Each to his own, however.
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

I would also disagree with Janis on his idea that they are tiny testimonies, many ancient astrologers valued them very highly and the etymology of their name is most interesting - moira has meanings of one's fate or portion of destiny, and considering my own view that they are fractals of space just as directions and profections are fractals of time, I do not take them lightly. Each to his own, however.
As the basis for my understanding of astrology I mostly rely on the teachings of Morin (the 21st book, System of Horoscope Interpretation). I admit I might be undervaluing the 12th parts (and other techniques as well which Morin discarded) in astrological interpretations. But we will have plenty of opportunities to test the 12th parts in practice. For believing in their validity, we need clear examples that because of the 12th part of IC (as Konrad does, he unlike me uses a sideral measurement) in X and a significator having a dignity in X and, say, trine X wins. I believe that Konrad has.

We should also take into account that in judging a chart that we need not find a testimony that a favourite wins we instead must find that it won't. Back to the 12th parts, I am particularly interested how the games with odds like 2.70 3.30 2.70 are decided by the 12th parts. It also is interesting whether they are helpful to pick an underdog priced at 5 or longer odds.
I recall from a curling competition years back (no comparison elsewise) that the lights aspecting POF also by hard aspect (ie. square or opposition) was still an indication of the Favourite. Sassuola - Juventus 1-3.
might be said concerning a Light opposite Fortuna - that it is still a 'yes' in terms of the favourite, but with obstacle.
No, it is still an affliction (as you said obstacle) to the favourite but it also is not a guarantee to the underdog to win. You just were to optimistic about Sassuolu chances to win the game. As I said, we do not find a testimony that the favourite will win we need to find a one that it won't. To be correct we need not only be excellent astrologers but also excellent soccer tipsters and experts. Both teams to score and the favourite wins the game was a right pick. Juventus was given a good price around 30 minute, I took the opportunity.

Well, I believed that Newcastle would score but was wrong they did not. The handicap 0:2 was the correct pick and also suggested by tipsters. I expected 4:1 scoreline. As you see, we are dealing with probabilities. Even if we see a testimony for underdog to score it does not mean that it will.

I think that we should form a joint astrological opinion (some consensus) after we receive several different opinions. It looks like that we are competing who will be right. Next time our joint effort will pay dividends.

8)

Just quickly, Janis, as I am heading out. I don't use the odds at all in my judgements. Instead I look at the league tables and judge the favourites from there giving some fortification to the home team. If there is no league table, then I use my own knowledge or avoid the game.

As for the 12th parts, they have not proven infallible hence me mentioning earlier that I feel I am missing something, but I am pleased with what I see. I am aware, however, that I may be constructing a system that suffers from the same issues as the Coherentist method of justifying knowlegde - my system could be entirely internally coherent but completely untrue! There are only so many games a person can look at.
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

Janis wrote:It looks like that we are competing who will be right.
I agree. It might look like this some times, but it is possible that this is just a part of trying to reach an orderly approach that everyone can feel they are a part of. Personally, I am looking for a standard format that can introduce the game in the same fashion every time. This I believe this is a natural starting point so that we all can see and examine what the game is all about in the same manner every time. This is to show that we actually are working in an orderly manner and not bullshitting ourselves according to fancy! I don't mind being wrong for the sake of examining ideas and for gaining some experience and an idea of clarity. At some level we have to be able to work in a deductive fashion. Also, I don't object to 'weighing' the contesting teams in different fashions - but we have to be able to discern this from the astrological.

Janis, you gave me the worries last night when you passed judgement on the games before you had the time to look at the charts (according to your own comments). Hopefully, you had the opportunity to do this before backing Juventus in the 30th minute of the game. I am sure this gave the best price as they were 1 goal under. Were there any astrological testimonies of the turning point at this time?

I don't mind being wrong for the sake of examining ideas and for gaining some experience and an idea of clarity. At some level we have to be able to work in a deductive fashion. Also, I don't object to 'weighing' the contesting teams in different fashions - but we have to be able to discern this from the astrological.
We will not do astrology a favour if we pass a judgement solely on what we see in the chart and prove wrong because we ignored the 'reality'. Judgement must be balanced by what we see in the chart and by what is the 'reality'. How we can discern the 'reality' from the astrological if they both are full-pledged members of our judgement. I can tell you what astrologically is to be taken into account and the games will end respectively, but it is the most difficult thing to sort it all out and balance all this stuff before a game not after, once again having to acknowledge what a fool you were that you failed to see the obvious and make the right judgement.
Janis, you gave me the worries last night when you passed judgement on the games before you had the time to look at the charts (according to your own comments). Hopefully, you had the opportunity to do this before backing Juventus in the 30th minute of the game. I am sure this gave the best price as they were 1 goal under. Were there any astrological testimonies of the turning point at this time?
I wish I could tell you the where there were the astrological testimonies of the turning point at this time. My astrological judgement was that both teams to score and Juventus wins. This I based on what I believed it should be and later I saw in the chart.

My current method if both teams are signified by the same planet and there is a favourite (like yesterday, both teams were signified by Saturn), is to assign the planet to the favourite and leave the underdog without significator. If the significator is heavily afflicted and it is aided by other negative testimonies, I would pick the underdog, if not so heavily, probably draw or underdog scores, if the sig is fine I feel confident that the favourite will win.

I decided to follow my instinct that it should be the right time to back Juventus or it might be too late. I have missed zillion of good opportunities because of my indecisiveness and failure to follow my guts. :-sk

Janis wrote:I have missed zillion of good opportunities because of my indecisiveness and failure to follow my guts. :-sk
That is a good point. This is why I think it is good to involve and take a bet. It has to do with being able to act and take both a winning and a loss. Let the money do the talking in terms of actual success. But it is important to be transparent and absolutely clear on method or approach. If the method is intuition or gut feeling, it could be that the discussion more properly belongs at another an more alternative forum. I believe that Skyscript as a forum primarily seeks approaches that are founded in the astrological.

On a practical level, I wondered whether to say a few words on running a betting account. It's important to remember to take out money. If you start with i.e. ?10, then when you are up at ?30 take out ?10 and put it in your pocket. This leaves ?20 in the account. When this rises to ?60 (if you're lucky!), then take out ?20 and put this in your pocket - leaving ?40 in the account.

At any rate, you will have to account for some ups and downs. Remember to keep a monthly score of how much you are putting into your betting account and how much you are taking out. Discipline is important to not get carried away and attempt to do too many things at once. If you are undisciplined and loose all your money, then you have to start all off from the beginning again. That you no not want! :wink:

A new chance tonight to test out the Sun, L10, opposite Fortuna (see Sassuolu - Juventus, yesterday).

Birmingham - Wigan,
19.45 BST
Odds: 3,90 3,45 1,90
Asc 2SC37, MC 14LE34, Moon 15TA46, POF 9SC01
Day Mars, Hour Moon - radical, yet fall

The Sun, L10, is 9TA23, and opposite POF, so yesterday's learnings can be tested out all over again. The price for both teams scoring is 1,78:1. The 1-2 scoreline is 9,00:1, or the 1-3 scoreline at 15,00.

Unfortunately, this game does not have an individual starting time, but with the degree of the Moon's fall on the Asc, and her exaltation on the Desc, Birmingham are in danger of falling down to League One, while Wigan still may fight for relegation.