Football - April 2014

New month, new opportunity

Everything seems to be set to 19.45 BST this evening - including the games in the Champions League. To discuss chart details i will limit myself to looking at the top games in the Championship and League One;

Wigan - Leicester, 19.45 BST
Odds: 2,70 3,30 2,50
Asc 12LI48, MC 17CN13 Moon 7TA33 POF 8SC24
Day Mars, Hour Saturn - radical by exaltation

Two top-rated teams in the Championship, but were Wigan appear to have been meeting weaker contestants Leicester have been virtually unbeatable. Sun and Uranus sitting on the descendant. The MC casts its antiscia to 12GE47 and is sextile to Uranus at 12AR27 on the 7th. Mars is L7 and in the 1st house, casting antiscia to 8PI25 and is exact trine Fortuna at 8SC24. The Moon is applying opposite Fortuna and the Sun on the descendant says that the Hour has only just changed. Something inside me says to hold open the option of a score draw, yet I have to cast my main vote to the guests, Leicester.

Stevenage - Wolves, 19.45 BST
Odds: 5,35 3,74 1,58 (Handicap 1-0 at 2,85:1)
Asc 14LI48, MC 19CN30, Moon 7TA33, POF 10SC24
Day Mars, Hour Saturn - radical by exaltation

Top meets bottom in League One, but Stevenage haven't been an easy team to beat and 6 teams are trailing within 6 points at the bottom. It is a fight for survival. But Venus, L1, is simply not doing anything. Aries on the 7th, Saturn - who is LHr and in Scorpio, the Wolves don't appear to be lying down but are looking for fresh point this evening. The 2-0 handicap is priced at 5,25:1. It could happen.
http://www.astronor.com

Thanks, Andrew, for your excellent analysis. I like your choice Leicester. However, I, like you, have a feeling it might not be going Leicester way though the chart suggests it should.
I like Cancer, the sign associated with Leicester at least according to my notes, on MC. As the primary ruler I use Jupiter for Leicester.

Jupiter is angular in the chart and receiving the application by sextile of its exalted ruler Moon. However, the Moon opposes Fortuna before it reaches Jupiter. In my opinion, it is an affliction.

I do not like that both malefics control the time. The radicality by exaltation is a little bit tricky considering that Saturn, Lhr, is retrograde and aversion to the rising sign. I am considering a draw rather than a win.

As concerns statistics, they suggest that a draw is more likely. Wigan have not lost in their last 10 home, Leicester have been unbeaten in their last 15. The last head-to-head game ended draw. Both teams feel rather comfortable with a point apiece.

I agree with you regarding Wolves. A 0:1 handicap seems to be a reasonable choice. I expect 1:3 or something like that.

I will offer my predictions for two other Championship games without details, because the charts are quite similar.

Leeds - Charlton. Charlton must be more motivated than Leeds. Moon (Leeds) is opposing POF, Mars (Charlton) is rising. I go with the guests.

Blackburn - Brighton. A draw seems the most likely choice here.

Blackburn - Brighton 3-3 :'
Wigan - Leicester 2-2 :'
Leeds - Charlton 0-1 :'

Stevenage - Wolves 0-0 :(

You did well there, Janis! I fear Wolves upset the combination. :-cry

Other games I was watching;

Coventry - Bradford 0-0
Sheffield U - Brentford 0-0
ManU - Bayern M?nich 1-1
Barcelona - Atl. Madrid 1-1
:shock:

Very interesting. Both the Champions League matches were score draws, two of the three Championship matches were score draws, and three of the four League One matches were 0-0 draws. All matches were 19-45 KO.

There does seem to have been a 'quality of the time' that was against winners/losers and in favour of a shared result - even where there were very strong favourites.

You did well there, Janis! I fear Wolves upset the combination. crying
From the viewpoint of being 100% correct, yes, but I decided not to back Wolves. I went for the triple in Championship and am satisfied with my choice. :)

I believe that the lack of motivation on the part of favourites decided the outcomes in both games. In my opinion, your analysis regarding Wigan - Leicester was correct but you, unlike me, unfortunately did not follow your feelings but decided to follow the chart.

On second thoughts I decided to stay off from Stevenage - Wolves. I judged that the opposition to POF should, in fact, fortify Stevenage (Moon according to my current notes). But the orb was wider than in other games and had no obvious effect. This notwithstanding, I still believed that Wolves would grab all 3 points. Currently I use Sun as the primary significator of Wolves. But it is obvious to me that the condition of Mars is also important for Wolves.

Coventry - Bradford. I decided it should be the home. I did take into consideration that there is a bad reception between Venus (Coventry), L1, and Bradford (Sun), almuten of the the 7th but still believed that it should go for the home.

Sheffield Utd - Brentford. I considered it as a draw (both teams are associated with Mars) but decided not to post my predictions here for the games in lower leagues (though I judged all charts, including Conference Premier). If you wish, I can send you the tables for all UK leagues (down to Conference Premier).

Combust Uranus angular - denying separation?
I don't know. It was rather peculiar...
I don't think so. In my opinion, the outcomes, apart from the conditions of the significators, had to do with the combination of both malefics ruling the time, POF, being retrograde and afflicting the exalted lights.

It is clear that the relationship between the planets ruling the day and the hour has strong impact on the outcomes of games, unfortunately, I haven't figured out the way they do. I have noticed that bad receptions between the lord of day and the lord of hour appear to harm favourities, in particular if the significator of favourite happens to be the ruler of day or hour.

Oddness continues in Wednesday matches

Two games in the Champions League;

Real Madrid - Borussa Dortmund 3-0
Paris St. Germain - Chelsea 3-1

The first goal in Madrid came in the 3rd minute of the match and was scored by Bale. At the same time Lavezzi scored in Paris. Then in the 26th minute Isco scored another goal for Madrid. At the same moment Hazard equalized for Chelsea.

In the 2nd half the games wandered into their individual patterns. :o

Oddness continues in Wednesday matches
I agree with you. On the other hand, there always appears to be a pattern which the games seem to follow.

My pick yesterday was the double of both faves to win and underdogs to score. I wonder why it did not happen.

Real - Dortmund chart had clear "conventional" indications to an upset. Libra was rising, Mercury, being in its fall, ruled the day and Sun, almuten of the 7th and lhr, was hovering near the cusp of the 7th, in a partile but separating conjunction with Uranus. It appears to be a proven rule that an upset might be expected if the sign being the fall of the lhr is rising. Retrograde Saturn, L 4, was in partile conjunction with Fortuna. The Moon was less than 2 degrees from partile opposition with Saturn, L 7 and Fortuna. I was going to publicly support Dortmund but luckily had no internet connection. On second thoughts, I changed my mind and decided to back the pick Real win and both teams to score considering that Dortmund were nowhere close to the level of football they had had 12 months ago and Real was craving for a revenge. I thought it should be 2:1 or 3:1.

Actually, I have no astrological explanation why Dortmund failed to score. Sun (Dortmund) was strong enough, in my opinion, at least to score. Moon (Real) was afflicted by being aversion (though it was mitigated by her dispositor Venus being a whole-sign trine to the rising sign and her term ruler, exalted Jupiter, close to the degree of MC) to the rising sign and opposition to Saturn and POF. The both exalted lights (naturally associated with royal club Real) ruled the most successful houses, the 10th and 11th. May be it provides an explanation why?

Championship, Friday April 4.

Leicester - Sheffield W, 19.45 BST
Odds: 1,45 4,20 7,00
Asc 16LI04, MC 21CN24, Moon 16GE15, POF 17SG23
Day Venus, Hour Mars - in the 1st house, in triplicity with Venus

I'm just going for a simple win in this game. Leicester has a tough 2-2 game against Wigan on Tuesday. It's not much of a break. Radicality by triplicity offers a draw, but the LHr is in the 1st house. And Moon, L10, is in trine with the Ascendant, with whom she agrees (viz by friendship of powers with Venus, contary with Mars).

Thank you, Andrew, for your analysis. I see that you are going for the home.
In my opinion, the chart is not so straightforward and contain a couple of hints to an upset.

The chart appears not be radical. Mars, L 7 and hour, is retrograde, feral and rising in the chart. Venus, L 1 and day, has separated and abandoned Mars feral. I use Jupiter for Leicester and additionally Moon (Leicester might be ruled by Cancer). Anyway, Moon disposes Jupiter. Moon is less than a degree from the opposition with the Fortuna. Sheffield Wednesday is undoubtedly associated with Mercury. Both planets are in the same triplicity; the primary ruler Mars seem to favour Mercury by being in a mixed reception (term, triplicity, decanate and triplicity).

As concerns statistics, Leicester have not lost in their last 16. This streak one day or other will end. Wednesday have won 3 of their last 4 head - to - head against Leicester. On the other hand, Leicester must be motivated to win the game. Sheffield are far away from the danger of being relegated and have only theoretical chances to qualify for playoffs. Common sense suggests that it might be worth backing Leicester with both teams to score, astrology indicates that there might be even an upset. All considered, astrology-wise judgement would be draw.

Scotland Championship

Ross County (Jupiter/Saturn) - Inverness (Jupiter). 19:45 BST, 57N 35 41 004W 16 11, Odds 2.50 3.30 2.80.
This game is played with Jupiter ruling the hour. Odds are equal but I am willing to go for the home.

Aarhus (Moon) - Randers (Mars). Odds 2.60 3.20 2.75 Denmark 18:30 CEST, 56N 07 53, 010E 11 48, ASC 00LI 24, POF 00SA39, hour Saturn.

POF is sextile ASC, but Saturn is in Scorpio, in the fall of Moon. Moon is weakened also by its dipositor Mercury in its own fall, Pisces. I am willing to back the away.