Regarding the topic I found this in Bonatti:

56. A Native of a City having the same sign and degree ascending with that City, shall in that place, by that alone grow great and eminent.
57. When the Lord of the second applies

And Lily says,though I think this is for horary astrology:

To What Part of the WORLD, or of the KINGDOM, he Might
Best Apply Himself to Live in.

The Lord of the Ascendant is Sun, who being neer the Cuspe of the 9th house,(signifying long journeys) and the signe thereof Moveable; I intimated he was resolving sodainly upon a Journey South-East, or to those parts of the World which lye from London South-East: South, because the quarter of Heaven wherein the Lord of the Ascendant is in, is South: East, because the Signe where Sun is in is East (this be confessed:) And as the Sun was but 2 degrees 10 min. distant from the cusp of the 9th, he went away within two months; for Sun was 4:18 Aries.

I judged those Countries subject to the Signe of Aries, might be suitable and propitious to his Affaires; which you may see in the nature of Aries, pag. 95 and what their Names are, to which I now refer.

Had his resolution been to have staid in England, the North Node and Sun being both in Aries, show it might have been good for him, for England is subject to Aries; I would have advised him
to have steered his court life towards Kent, Essex, Suffex or Suffolk, for they lye East or by South from London; but if sometimes you find that a city, towne or kingdome subject to the Celestiall Signe which promises you good, stands not, as to the quarter of Heaven, directly as you would have it, or as the Signe points it out; herein you must observe this generall rule; That if your occasions enforce you, or you shall and must live in that Country, City, or Towne, so directed unto you in Art, that then you must lead your life, or direct your actions, or manage your employments to those parts of that city or country which lye East, West, North or South, as in the Figure you were directed as for Example; You may see France is subject to the Signe Aries, it lyeth from London South-west: had this gentleman gone into France, it would have been best for him to have seated himself towards the South-east part, or East part of France, &c,

Now because the Moon applied so strongly to the Trine of Jupiter, and that he and Venus were in Taurus, and the Signe signifies Ireland.

The Resolution of

I advised him that Ireland would well agree with his constitution, and that he might get Honour there, because the Planet to whom the Moon applies is in the house of Honour.

And verily the Querent did go into Ireland, and there performed good service and obtained a notable Victory against the rebels; as I could manifest, but that I will not mention the Name of the Gentleman,