There might be a lesson to learn from this win. Many races are difficult to predict and often there is no clear indication from the chart of a particular horse's name, or indeed a match with the colours carried. I find myself thinking that the chart clearly indicates a name along particular lines, but there is no horse running that matches.

In future, I intend to restrict myself to races where there is a very clear indication, as in this race. It does mean checking a lot of races and rejecting them as not clear, but hopefully when there is a clear indication it should be profitable :)

The same thing is becoming clear in football prediction. Often there are no very clear indications for a match. If we restrict our predictions to those cases where we see a strongly indicated result, we might make more consistently correct predictions.

Anyway, thanks again for spotting Light of Mars.

Re: Light from Mars

Simon Howe wrote:At the moment that Mars ascends tonight at Kempton (8 00pm) there is a horse running called Light from Mars which I have backed in a small way to win.
GB wrote:Well done, and thanks for drawing it to our attention. I joined you in a small bet.
Very interesting lesson, thanks for that!

If only you had believed in astrology (and your skills! 8) ) and had put in a real fat bet!!! :D

Actually I do believe in traditional mundane astrology, but I know that it's not just about that but it can give you an edge. For instance with all the right transits and the name being appropriate if the horse doesn't like the going it's still not going to win. As it happens I won over ?35 which was rewarding enough. The more we practice the better we get, good luck.