Job

Hi

Ive just got a rejection from a job interview :(

I have 2 left to go. I really want this job! I have drawn the chart for

1/march/2005
3.15pm
London England

Me- Sun in pisces in the 8th :( Co Sig-Moon in scorpio-
Job-(6th house ruler?) Saturn or venus (MC)

Using Saturn as the quested
The next applying aspect the sun will make is a trine to saturn :) but...saturn is in the 12th and retrograde. The moon is also trine saturn

with venus as the quested
Both the sun and the moon have made there separating aspects to venus-could that mean the descions been made already?

Im jumbled!

My intuition is telling me that the descions been made and not in my favours, but im feeling a bit pessimistic (perhaps thats why im in the 8th house!)

Hepl please

Monte

What kind of Job is this?

for Both you and the MC indicator to be in the 8th I find very interesting.

your co indicator in the 4th was recently trine your indicator and will be trine Saturn soon... All in water, so emotion is high...

do tell the kind of work. thank you,

Granny

ps, I have my own Job interview at 1:30 pm 119W50 by 34N36 today, so you see I am dealing with a similar issue, but a different set of indicators. =) Me moon in 5th,sextile career Mars on 7th cusp, opposite the ruler of the 7th on the Asc Saturn. I'm thinking for some occupations your sun and venus in 8th might be a good thing, which is why I asked about the type of opportunity...

Granny

Hi Granny

The Job will be working with young people to help bring awareness about minority groups. Lots of creative work, campaning and communication. It has an emotional slant as the job involves communicating emotive issues (torture, abuse, prejudice ect) to people. Its kind of like social awareness.

Good luck with your job!

Montpellier says "....It has an emotional slant as the job involves communicating emotive issues (torture, abuse, prejudice ect) to people."

Granny replies:
hmmm torture abuse and predjudice, those aren't 8th house issues, nope, no idea where that came from... (laughing here)

I dont think that the chart is necessarily negative, it is describing you and the job as both being in tune with each other I think. Other opinions may vary.

Also explains the strong service oriented slant to the chart

:brows
Granny

I don?t see how you get Saturn to represent the job. I have the 10th house cusp as 00? 12? of Taurus. I used central London as the location, 51N30, 00W10. Since London is so spread out, maybe you could tell us exactly where you were located when you did this chart. If it turns out that Aries is on the 10th house cusp, then you?d use Mars, but for right now I?d use Venus.

First thing is that Venus is combust the Sun. The Sun will change signs before Venus is conjunct the Sun, but it?s still combust right now. A combust significator means the job is pretty much a no-go.

The Moon is also in the via combusta, which some people say means to just give up on the question. I looked up what Deb and others have said about the via combusta on this forum, and the theme that I hear is that it isn?t that important unless there are other themes of destruction in the chart, or that the advice that you give based on the chart will not be accepted by the client, or that something bad may happen to the client through not following the advice of the chart. Well? this chart does have some really strong negative elements in it, namely both significators being in the 8th house. Look at the course of Venus. It?s combust right now, and soon it will be conjunct with Uranus. Its next aspect is a trine with Saturn, which is on the 12th house. Saturn rules the 7th house of open enemies, and Neptune sits square on the 7th house cusp, which might show that Montpelier doesn?t recognize the danger coming at her. Notice that the Moon also meets Saturn by trine as well. That?s like having two warnings given to you.

The job seems to be primarily involved with education, which is the 3rd house. And notice that we have four planets, including both your significators ruled by Jupiter, which itself is located in the 3rd house. Jupiter also rules the 8th house, where everyone is located.

I can?t quite put it all together, but something dark is going on with this seemingly humanitarian job. And whatever it is, Montpelier doesn?t see it either, as Venus is obscured by the Sun, i.e., by her own belief in this job.

I wish I could put all of this together into some specific kind of warning, but I don?t have that kind of precision. There are quite a few warning signs here about this situation. It doesn?t seem like you get the job, so maybe it?s mute point, but if they offer you a job ? RUN!!!!!!

Granny: Where do you see strong service-oriented aspects to this chart? The 6th house has some role in social services, but it?s ruler Saturn is in its detriment, retrograde and in the 12th house. That?s more than enough to turn social work into slavery. Both Venus and the Moon make aspects to Saturn, but I see them as more negative, like something is being hidden here. That theme is emphasized by Neptune so tight on the 7th house cusp.
Mark F

although i do note that Venus (MC ruler) is exalted here in Pisces, although this may not change its weakened combust state.....it might help, but probably not that much....

Mark,

I used saturn as the significator as the ruler of the 6th house. I wasnt sure wether to use the 6th or 10th house as sig.
Now im scared out of my pants!! This horary chart is only talking about the job right? Does a horary chart touch on other things that are ouside of the question?
I noticed the 8th Pluto pattern as well. Does the 8th mean shock and negativity. Could it also mean that one could have a positive shock?

I would really love some more insight on my chart.

Thanks Mark

Monte

Mark,
With your coordinates I do indeed get a 0 tau, which gives me both significator of the 1st and 10th in the 8th house, which seems sensible to me considering the job he described. Saturn on the twelfth house cusp trine mercury and Moon coming to Trine them both in a few hours seems to me to strengthen Saturn Greatly. Saturn loves the twelfth house and he is being supported by mercury and the moon, so Emotional communication in a government related (social work is government related here in US, I suspect it is also in UK?) service (sixth house) position.

In fact I like Venus and Sun both in 8th house for this chart even better. Venus may be combust but she is on the cusp and exalted in Pisces if I'm not mistaken. I look forward to seeing how the opportunity proceeds, but I think it is not unhopeful. I'm absolutely an amatuer, but you have gotten what you paid for in this advice. ;)

Now,Montpellier, chin up,(you sound very down) if it doesn't go well, consider it practice for your next interview. job hunting is a numbers game, you have to submit a number of resumes (CV's if you prefer) go to a number of interviews and then you get a number of offers. it will go easier for a person who has a specialized skill, than for someone who is after a popular job, but that factors into the numbers game. I am trying ot look at your significators in relationship to career, some houses have multiple meanings, I would expect someone who deals with death, taxes, or the darker side of human psych to have an 8th house indication. to me you are talking aobut such a position.

okay my two cents worth, Granny :brows

Hi M

One of the reasons I?ve been put off commenting on this is I don?t understand the purpose of the horary or what you are looking to get out of it. Of course I understand you are concerned about ?getting the job? but you say you have just been rejected from one interview and have two more pending, so what exactly does this chart relate to? It?s difficult when you are working as the astrologer to your own question because you probably have a sense of just wanting to know what is happening, but horaries are a lot clearer in their meaning when we are clear about the guidance we are looking to get out of them. Personally I don?t think there is any point in drawing up a horary just to see what will inevitably happen anyway. It?s much better to be looking at issues like what prevented you from being successful, or how can you improve your chances next time, or are you pursuing the right career path?

I?m also wondering if these future interviews are connected to the one you?ve already had or some past events because you say you have a feeling that the decision has already been made against you which suggests there?s some relevant history involved. On the surface, things don?t look too good: the trine between the Sun and Moon has lost its promise because it?s separating but without a full knowledge of the background it?s not possible to know the real value of that aspect.

There was a post recently about whether someone might break their hand in a martial arts grading. I thought that Kurgal gave some good advice when he said:
This is obviously very important to you, but I'm not sure it is a good idea to do a horary at all on this question. I'm concerned that any type of negative thinking could influence the outcome. I am also concerned that too much analysis might detract from your focus. You need a confident, positive approach to the task at hand. Casting a chart and analysing it could detract from such, and encourage a negative mind-set.
Really, we could say the same about this interview and this is one of the reasons why querents don?t usually make good astrologers, and they don?t get the best readings either because they haven?t had the benefit of an independent mind that has probed the issues and helped to shape a valid and worthwhile question. Unless you are exploring this from a position where you know that you can only benefit from what the horary has to say, and from an angle of trying to use its information productively, I think you will only end up perpetuating your own negative feelings on this.

That said, you might want to look at such issues as why the Sun is peregrine and debilitated ? does this show a lack of training or connections? Does the Moon applying to the trine of Mars in the 5th house show that you are inherently suited to working with hard and painful issues of abuse with children? I would also use the 10th house to signify the position you are aspiring to (except I?m confused in this instance whether it applies to the one you just aspired to or those you have in front of you), but I can agree with Granny?s suggestion of the 8th house flavour to the work since Venus, ruler of the 10th, is conjunct the 8th cusp and in mutual reception by sign with Jupiter, the 8th house and 5th house ruler (hard issues and kids again). Although it?s combust and in a poor house Venus has a lot of essential dignity and good receptions, and overall it comes out with a good dignity score ? unfortunately what we?re lacking is an indication of positive contact between the significators. What you might be able to use is the fact that Venus is in MR with Jupiter, and the Moon is applying to Mars which is in turn applying to Jupiter ? I would be wrapping my head around what that means and whether it shows a more indirect approach that could aid your chances. But do bear in mind that if you are beset by the pressure of interviews, this is probably not the best time for you to be wrestling with astrological symbolism that isn?t clear to you.

Update

Hi all!

I just wanted to give you an update on the job front.
Well, it was a bit twisted but I eventually got the job that I wanted.
Soon after I posted the question, I was told that I would not be asked for an interveiw...so i was rejected.
A few weeks later, I was asked if I still wanted the position, inteiwveiwed the following week and offered the job.

Ive been there for nearly a month, its hard work!

I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time and effort of translating the horary chart.

:lala

Monte