Hindsight : )

First race 13:30
Campanus 5th to MC Aries, mars RX in libra in 5th in own terms (Ptolemy)
(jup sqaures MC tightly from 12th, and uranus is conj MC)

1st 15 Vautour (FR) 7/2 j
2nd 6 Josses Hill (IRE) 14/1
3rd 14 Vaniteux (FR) 11/1

Vautour means vulture. Colours pink.
Rex Bills includes mars and uranus as a ruler for vultures.

There were too many other names for me to call it... Fantasy King was my fav, came last : ) Also Sgt Reckless, Splash of Ginge, ... just too many!

Forget colours:

1st 15 Vautour (FR) 7/2 j
PINK WITH PALE GREEN "BUTTONS"

2nd 6 Josses Hill (IRE) 14/1
RED WITH WHITE SLEEVES blue/white stipe hat

3rd 14 Vaniteux (FR) 11/1
GREY (but hey, vanity fits for mars Rx in venus ruled libra?)

I found today very difficult - far too many possibilities that could fit. :)

Time now to look at Wednesday and see if things fit more clearly than today.

I agree! And the first few races, I found it hard to chose the significator. Campanus 5th kept hitting MC, Several in Aries and one in Taurus. I never quite trust that.
I gave up on the astrology and just watched TV. Very exciting!
Shame about Our Connor though. In that race the AC ruler was on the cusp on the (campanus) 8th, sun in pisces.

Hey, guys - I agree, yesterday was tough. Thought I'd give today a whirl, although again it's a complicated puzzle. My observations are more for discussion rather than punting.

Using Addey's Campanus:-

Race 1 Jupiter - Trine 1.63

Royal Boy - Moon (Leo) bang on the Asc and is Sesquiquadrate the Sun. Jupiter is also Sesquiquadrate Mercury (boy).

Faugheen - meaning 'a little green' - does this vibrate towards Jupiter representing the colour green?

Rathvinden - meaning 'fort of the faeries' - sounds very Jupiter (Cancer) in the 12th.

Race 2 Sun - Trine 2.78

Ballycasey - bally means 'place of' and I connected Casey with Cassandra which means 'ensnaring men'. Sun sits in the 8th and is bi-quintile Mars in the 4th.

Black Thunder - storms/thunder/wind always seem to vibrate towards Jupiter (which rules the Sun) and I connected black with the 8th and the fact that Sun trines Saturn.

Sam Winner - Sam means 'name of God' - which would resonate with Jupiter ruling the Sun and that separating bi-quintile to Mars (Winner).

Race 3 Mars - Decile 3.93

I have nothing to offer here - 26 runners in this. :D

Far West - Mars rules the 9th

Calculated Risk - Mars trine Mercury.

Race 4 Jupiter - Quincunx 1.22

Sire De Grugy - Sire for Jupiter and Grugy is a commune in France so maybe that would be Cancer.

Wishfull Thinking - Jupiter Sesquiquadrate Mercury.

Race 5 - tough to pick an aspect here. These 3 pop up:-

i) Jupiter - Quad-Nonile 1.33
ii) Venus - Semi-Square 1.75
iii) Sun - Trine 2.82

Balthazar King - Jupiter rules the 5th and this house sometimes vibrates to words connected with kings. Venus rules the 10th and is semi-square the Sun.

Big Shu - Jupiter

Sire Collonges - Jupiter in Cancer.

Race 6 Saturn - Decile 0.63

Ivan Grozny - Ivan is the Russian version of John (which means 'God is gracious). Saturn trines the Jupiter ruled Sun and Qunitiles Venus who rules the 9th.

Ravens Tower - Saturn squares Mercury which always seems to vibrate with birds. Saturn for 'Tower'.

Race 7 Moon - Qunicunx 0.88

Shaneshill - apparently 'Shane' means 'old one of the Irish river'. I have no idea in this race.

So my synopsis is really I have no clue what will happen today, guys. :-?

Cheltenham 12 3 2014

In the 4.40pm race at Cheltenham today Virgo rises which makes Mercury the ruler of the chart in the 6th house of work. Horse no 17 is called Handiwork (born 18 2 2010). The Moon at 7 degrees Leo conjuncts the horse's Mars at 3 degrees Leo and Jupiter at 10 degrees Cancer trines the horse's Venus at 9 degrees Pisces

Addey method
13:30 Jupiter in cancer, in 12th, ruling 6th, 8th, 9th.

GB has observed angular moon can indicate the favourite or a shot odds horse.

Faugheen (place in Ireland, 9th? and isolated 12?) or
Red Sherlock (detective 12th of secrets?, expert exalted jupiter)

Addey combined with
Closest aspect method
Cocktails at Dawn is purple, jup colour... moon opposes venus across AC/DC axis and jup in "dawn" position... 50/1 would be nice! Mercury antiscion is at 5 scorpio completing the T-Square. I wanted to see the merc influence to confirm the cocktail mix!

Bonnatti
Ruler of the hour in 1st, 10th or 11th.. I've always assumed this is whole sign or equal house.
Mercury does not fall into these houses, but moon does.
So that would be a "peregrine" horse... foreign, not known in this country.. or from poor stock.. so you wouldn't recognise the names of of the sire or mare. Or with poor form.. And being a novices race, I guess this fits for peregrine too?

Neptunehead wrote: Race 2 Sun - Trine 2.78
I get a different significator. And there is some confusion about it!

Campanus 5th 19:09 Scorpio.
Next hit is to antiscion of AC at 19:18 Taurus. Trine.
with antiscion of Jup at 19:19 Gemini. Inconjunct.
And inconjunct toMC at 20:55 Aries.
(all occur before trine to sun at 21:55 pisces)

I'm going to try to combine those first 2. AC Leo, sun in pisces (8th) with jup cancer 12th

Gevrey Chambertin is a wine producing place in France. The colours are very jupiter, purple, yellow, red... currently 28/1.

I also like Morning Assembly because there is so much activity around the AC/DC axis and jup is in "morning" position again. But the colours are grey which don't really fit.
8/1 though... shorter odds favoured by angular moon.

And I like Sam Winner too!
AC or DC is often a name, or a person... Leo combined with exalted Jup must be a Winner! But I'd like to see a 10th house connection which I can't find...

Bonatti is not much help.... all the horses are foreign!

In the last race on Wednesday (17-15) the 5th cusp method gives the Moon which suggests Silver Concord. The Mercury chart ruler has links to flight (Concord aircraft) and the ascendant is bi-quintile Venus (although just past exact).

It is not an easy race to judge, but at 14/1 Silver Concord might be an each-way chance.

PallasAthene wrote:
Neptunehead wrote: Race 2 Sun - Trine 2.78
I get a different significator. And there is some confusion about it!

Hey, Pallas

I don't have my computer with me so am unable to check. I undertook my sweep before 6.00am this morning - it is possible I made a sleepy mistake.

I have never considered using the angles with the Campus 5th method...interesting!!!

I will check Race 2 when I get home.

I have battled and battled with using the Angles and aspects but I keep on getting horses that place 2nd and 3rd - sometimes a winner though.

Addey's 5th House Campus technique seems to work the best in terms of actual winners.

What is Bonatti's method, I have never studied it?

Neptunehead wrote:I have battled and battled with using the Angles and aspects but I keep on getting horses that place 2nd and 3rd - sometimes a winner though.
If the odds are long, you can still make a profit on a place with an each way bet!
I'm not so concerned with finding the winner, as with finding a profit : )
Sometimes, a long odds place will earn you a bigger payout than a favourite that wins.
Neptunehead wrote:What is Bonatti's method, I have never studied it?
If the hour ruler is in 1st, 10th or 11th house, judge the horse by the condition of that planet.
If it's not in one of these houses, judge by the planet that is.

So you are looking to see if the planet is well dignified or not.. a favourite or a long-odds. A horse with good form, or not. A horse with good pedigree.. or not. That type of thing.