if Shelly were born in a western industrialized country (and someone could calculate her birth location off the chart) there hasn't been a population of "orphan kids" of any size for some time. Do you see her as a foster-parent? Usually foster children have at least one parent, but they are unable to care for their children.

James, I note that the moon in Aries is in the 5th-- but close to the cusp of the 6th. The 5th is not only children, but also recreation. With the moon's sextile to Mercury, I wondered about walking/hiking/running as a hobby. Mars rules sports as well as sexuality; and Mars-Saturn could involve a lot of self-discipline and endurance.

Come to think of it, Saturn-Mars suggests that Shelly might not be your stereotyped Venus in Aquarius. In either sex, Mars indicates whom or what you pursue. The notion of Venus in Aquarius going for sexual experimentation sort of bespeaks of a Uranian Venus, but I think Saturn is the stronger of the two rulers of Aquarius. Yes, I get that Uranus is in the 10th, but opposite the sun, it may not feel like unusual novelty is good.

i mentioned in my previous post neptune at a few midpoints, but it is not at the venus/uranus midpoint.. that is ve/ur=ascendant which makes this combo important in connecting directly with an angle.. midpoints are like blending colours - you get a 3rd or 4th colour unique to the blend.. going back to neptune and midpoints, it is also at the saturn/venus midpoint, as the mars/venus and saturn/venus midpoints are both at approx 13 fixed.. does someone sitting uncomfortably with sexuality ring a bell with saturn/venus pointing to neptune? i kinda think it does.. thus neptune becomes an important planet when combining mars or saturn with venus.. i still think the sexuality issue is the number one thing here.. whether one gets it from mars being the closest planet to an angle, mars as ruler of the ascendant and the pictures i paint or not - well - that is how i am seeing it astrologically!

true story.. i am playing music at present with a guy - bass player - who has neptune opposite the sun. from my pov he has some real identity problems that show up a few different ways.. it expresses itself in issues around sexuality, but then he also has a saturn/venus opposition too in different signs.. he can't make up his mind whether he is a guy or a girl on some basic level. i don't really care, but this is how i see him and the astrology around it too.. fwiw - this mystery chart also has sun square neptune, so a similar energy in some respects..

waybread, as for the orphanage idea - i am not attached to this idea.. working with kids makes some sense, but orphanages less so.. i think neptune can express as self sacrificing type energy if strong in a chart.. some people would blow off neptune rising and say it is in the 12th, but it is in the same sign as the ascendant.. it is a part of the persons self image on some level.. 13 degree orb.. oh well... neptune fits with the idea of androgyny too as i see it..as for moon in aries in the 5th or 6th.. what about the idea of the 5th being a house associated with recreation and sex being thought of in this context in our society today? what about a focus on sex from the 5th?

I took Moon to be 6th and note it rules the ninth house. Not all people are religious nowadays so could be related to ideaology. My first was thought was animals but could be health so maybe a campaigner on animal rights or the Health Service.

The asc ruler in Aquarius can also indicate water like baths and drains in the land and work in Brewing or dying.

The Moons almuten is Sun in det but Mercury has Saturn dignified. More reason than emotion. There is no reason why she should not have a partner (note non-gender specific noun) but I feel mars and saturn indicate work rather than love as her life emphasis.

Mars Lord asc with Saturn I see her appearance as serious with short hair and jeans. More feminist than feminine. I am not sure about my earlier idea about depression. She probably finds work takes her mind off sadness.

Mars alone aspect a waxing moon would indicate anger but Saturn I feel actually assists and tempers Mars.

Matthew

mathew - i thought of the moon as being in either the 5th or the 6th... for a fun exercise in understanding planet relationships, one can treat any planet as the starting point and see where the moon lands in relation to it. it is in the 6th house to the ascendant, but the ascendant is late and the degree of the moon is much earlier.

alternatively the moon is in neptunes 6th house, while also being in plutos 8th house. it is also at the top of what is called a yod pattern involving the same planets.. some astrologers say the yod aspect puts more emphasis on health issues - 150 being an aspect, or not an aspect involving planets or non planets, that do or don't see each other! that sounds 6th house to me, LOL. i am just blabbing on cause i like talking astrology! i think there are so many ways to look at astrology, a person could get confused quickly!@

Hi James,

Yes I did think of the Moon in 6th and not the 5th as it was so close to the cusp but of course intermediate cusps can vary slightly depending on the house system. I am not pedantic on this though and would even allow a planet in the last degree of a sign straddle over the edge to the next. Something others strongly disagree with. I noticed one similar conclusion we came to about the Moon ruler of the ninth in the sixth but through different methodolgy but we can only await the revelation of the truth. Did you say something about the sect of Mars and Saturn?

Matthew

hi matthew - yes i did mention about the sect of mars and saturn. saturn is a more powerful planet then mars in general, but in this case - saturn is out of sect, while mars is in sect. mars rules the ascendant while saturn rules the 3rd and 4th depending on one's concept of rulership. saturn is strong by sign and being in an angle, but out of sect. thus mars seems more capable of acting and expressing itself here. mars also rules the moon and works with the moon as part of the nocturnal sect. for me the big thing about sect here is the fact that most of the planets are below the horizon suggesting a more subjective and personal orientation to life which is how i think of the moon generally. i guess this is another way of looking at sect and the importance of sect.

If we want to go way back here, I recall seeing an idea (somewhere) that a 'malefic' in a cadent house is not 'working' for or with the persons main or primary agenda or teleology. Folks more familiar with this lens may be able to comment as to where the more fundamental or pivotal purpose might be found on a horoscope (I don't want to impose the Solar raison d'etre by way of the Asc schema into this) in relation to this thinking from when or who.

So here these 3rd house 'bad boys' are possibly buggering up the female monkeys self-actualisation (potential soul seeking to actualise itself in matter - Aristotle, via R Hand).

As I mentioned, I want to post another chart.

As some of you have spotted, there is potential for disruptive influences at the root of the chart. As it happens this is quite literally the effect. She moved continents (more than once as it happens)

The chart below is the relocated chart. Shelly, was born on another continent, but has lived in the UK since the late 80s ( I don't have the exact date).

Some of you therefore might consider this chart almost as important as the natal chart. Although she has not changed the fundamentals of her occupation as a result of the change.

So please feel free to update your comments if you wish. Of course if you set no store by relocations you can stick with what you've said already!

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

The fourth house of home has moved to ninth house of foreign travel so almost literal. The sun is now in his house of joy but autocorrect on iPhone suggested grave for travel! So still a bit Saturnian in mood
Matthew :?

the relocated chart puts the focus on the 8th sign to the ascendant, while neptune makes a nice trine to both the ascendant and the midheaven.. the moon now appears more prominent in some regards, ruling the ascendant and in the 10th sign to the ascendant. very personal goals and ambitions are implied with less concern for how others might view them. the mars/saturn is now closer to the descendant instead of being on the i.c taking on a more confrontational tone in some respects.

the chart at this different angle continues to support most of my initial thoughts on the chart as i see it. i am very curious to know the twins chart and how much there lives diverge..

Amelia wrote:
She moved continents (more than once as it happens)
Hi Amelia,

Interesting as it looks I have no real time to do this chart justice. Plus I must admit I find such heavy sign focus charts really tough to delineate.

Out of curiousity is this person from the southern hemisphere?

I am always interested in heavy sign focus charts in general but southern hemisphere charts raise another issue.

Funnily, enough, I was once managed by someone with an even more Aquarian chart than this as the person had the Moon there too. :shock:

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

The Mercury aspect to the Moons Nodes made me wonder if there was something to do with her being born a man, and later becoming a woman, or just a feeling of being born the wrong sex?

Her Mercury is very, very strong. The changeling.

Maybe she does some sort of performance art. Leo on the Midheaven and Leo planets in the tenth, with Chiron in the fifth.