Hi, Andrew,

I agree with you that MU must be pulling their socks up. However, I doubt that backing a handicap would be a correct pick. Instead, I?m wondering whether an upset might be expected. I need to look at the chart before making a judgment.

The only thing which makes an upset unlikely is head-to-head statistics; so far Villa have managed to beat MU only once on their soil in almost 20 years. It is by far a stronger testimony than any astrological indications to the contrary.

According to your analysis there are only a couple of positive testimonies: Sun, L 1, almost partile trine the ASC degree, and Moon, the lady of hour and ruler of POF, partile trine to POF, though the aspect is cast through the signs of short ascension.

There is much more on the negative side, in particular considering that MU is a big favourite.

Apart from the lack of radicality, firstly, there is a disagreement between the lord of the day - Saturn and the lady of hour - Moon. Saturn, L 7, is in Scorpio, the sign of the Moon's fall. I have been observing that the relationship (ie. reception) between the lord of the day and the lord of the hour has by far a stronger impact on the outcomes of games (in particular, if one team is a big favourite) as I previously had thought it should be. Moon is partile trine to Saturn so making the affliction stronger. I say that it is not a good 'choice' for Saturn to take Moon as his partner. Unfortunately, he must according to the natural course of things.

Secondly, the lord of the hour, and equally the lord of POF, demonstrates the strength of favourites. In the chart, Moon takes both roles. It is aversion to the rising sign, partile trine to Saturn, L7, and partile inconjunction to Mars, the almuten of the Moon?s place (triplicity, term and decanate) and the significator of MU. If one team is a big favourite, negative receptions and configurations between the lord of hour and the significator of the team harm the significator. So does an afflicted dispositor of the ruler of the lord of the hour and/or the dispositor of the ruler of POF.

Thirdly, Mars (the significator of MU) is partile square to POF. Hard partile aspects of the significator to POF afflict the significator if it is a big favourite and strengthen the significator if it is an underdog. The square aspect is cast through the signs of long ascension which might be a mitigation.

Fourthly, the dispositor of Mars ? Venus, L 4, herself being in the 7th house and sign, is simultaneously applying by partile trine to Mars and partile square to Saturn, L 7 and her dispositor, with Saturn being in her superior position and in a stake of the rising sign. I am inclined to think that the pushing of her nature to Saturn should be more weighty and stronger than her pushing to Mars. Both planets are retrograde and according to the tradition are unable to deal with what are being pushed and must return the pushed light to the pusher. Although I use Jupiter as the primary significator of Villa, it appears that Venus is also associated with Villa.

Fifthly, Mars is cadent from the rising sign in Libra, the sign of the Sun?s fall. Negative receptions (such as being in the fall of L 1) between the significator and the lord of the rising sign afflict home favourites. Mars appears to be contra ? antisca of the Sun, L 1. It, in my opinion, emphasizes the negative aspects of their mutually applying opposition.

Sixthly, Jupiter (significator of Villa, the dispositor of the Moon, the dispositor of POF and the lady of the hour, with whom he is in mutual reception by sign) is in superior position to Mars (significator of MU). It is not a winning testimony on its own but should be put in the basket. Jupiter is in the sign of Mars?s fall, in Cancer. Negative receptions between the significators harm the significator of the favourite.

As regards WBA ? Cardiff, I should say that managers cannot help the team because they are not going out on the pitch and playing for the team. Though I agree with you that astrologically it might be an upset (I need to check the chart), such a pick seems unlikely because of Cardiff?s terrible away form (so far only one away victory). Statistics, as I said above, appear to be by far a stronger testimony than any astrological indications.

Janis wrote:I agree with you that MU must be pulling their socks up. However, I doubt that backing a handicap would be a correct pick. Instead, I?m wondering whether an upset might be expected. I need to look at the chart before making a judgment.
As regards WBA ? Cardiff, I should say that managers cannot help the team because they are not going out on the pitch and playing for the team. Though I agree with you that astrologically it might be an upset (I need to check the chart), such a pick seems unlikely because of Cardiff?s terrible away form (so far only one away victory). Statistics, as I said above, appear to be by far a stronger testimony than any astrological indications.
Let me know where you place your bets when you have looked at the charts, then. :lol:
Personally I placed ?30 in two combinations involving Cardiff beating WestBrom, and with the ManU 0-1 handicap in one of them. That is not like promising I'll get it all right - but nothing much is won if I don't try it out. 8)
http://www.astronor.com

Apologies for the brief comments on the upcoming weekend Premiership games. I will be away from a computer for several days. I thought I should make comments now and if anything interesting occurs I'll be better able to join in when I return.

Man U v Aston V : Man U win. Not radical, moon ok condition
Arsenal v Man C : Man C win. Radical, weak moon move game to the away team- this time they are favourites.
Fulham v Everton : Radical and moon aspect L1- favourite Everton
Liverpool v Tottenham : Mercury LHR weak, moon aspect exalted planet, result stays with favourite -Liverpool
Sunderland v West Ham : Night radicality, possible draw but moon separate from weak malefic so go with visitors victory.

You should put som money on a combination of two, three or four of you best games here, John. I feel that total odds of 7:1 or more, make the risk/reward more interesting.

Just don't forget that Moon, Lhr, was on the antiscia of Sun, L1, in the ManU game and this should either prove the chart radical or be excellent for the home team. 8)

Just don't forget that Moon, Lhr, was on the antiscia of Sun, L1, in the ManU game and this should either prove the chart radical or be excellent for the home team. Cool
I suppose you meant - close to the point of equal ascensional time; Pisces and Aries are signs of equal ascension. It is one of the fortifications mentioned in the Arab - Latin medieval tradition though not a strong one. Actually, Sun, L 1, is close to the point of contra - antisca of Moon. I will leave this testimony without consideration as it seems to be a weak one.

After looking at the chart I think that you are right, it's not gonna be Villa's game. A good handicap is possible here. Yesterday I paid a lot of attention describing the factors which, in my opinion, are against the favourite, but I don't see in the chart good fortications for the underdog either. Jupiter (Villa's significator) is aversion to the rising sign, so is Moon, the dispositor of Jupiter, both being in mutual reception. Mars, though afflicted by various negative factors which I described yesterday, is close to the angle.

Considering the astonishing head-to-head statistics rather than any indications in the chart, I think that you are right, both previous games ended 3:0.

I'm wandering whether it is worth, instead of the handicap, backing the goal line - total over 4,5 at the impressive odds of 5.25. The Moon, Lhr, is in mutual reception with Jupiter, both in fertile signs. The Moon is perfecting a lot of partile aspects. Over 3,5 is priced at 2.75.

Regarding WBA - Cardiff, I will stay with the home, though a draw is also an option here (Saturn, significator of WBA, and Mars, the significator of Cardiff, in mixed reception, house and exaltation). I do not see enough strong testimonies to say that's gonna be the underdog.

From a viewpoint of soccer, both teams are desperately fighting to avoid relegation. The main reason is the awesome away form of Cardiff, the worst in the league.

I wish you had been right with backing the underdog, I personally do not find it attractive to back the home at 1.80.

Janis wrote:I suppose you meant - close to the point of equal ascensional time; Pisces and Aries are signs of equal ascension.
Thank you for correcting me. It is a contra-antiscia.

Janis spots:
Over 3,5 goals in the ManU match for 2,75:1
Over 4,5 goal for 5,25:1!! :)

It could happen. The situation is that ManU will attempt to come back will a startling result as soon as possible to attempt restore club and supporter confidence. I am sure the club has the quality players as soon as they unleash their potential. By studying the odds it is possible to discover several ways in which a match may be appreciated or valued. I was in 7th heaven last weekend when I went for Tottenham beating Southampton with 1 goal (The bet was placed as a draw on the 0-1 handicap at a price of 4:1). I was expecting 1-0, or maybe 2-1 - but was particularly pleased when the game ended 3-2 and decided in overtime. I am still upset by the fact that Villa underperformed against Stoke - but that it the way it works. Don't take anything for granted! :?
Re. WBA-Cardiff, Janis wrote:I wish you had been right with backing the underdog, I personally do not find it attractive to back the home at 1.80.
This is a very good consideration. Evaluating which matches are good to stay off, is very important.

Sunday:

Fulham - Everton, 13.30 BST
Odds: 4,90 3,75 1,75
Asc 7LE23, MC 16AR22, Moon 6AR18, POF 3LE57
Day Sun, Hour Mars - radical by powers

The Lord of the Hour is very powerful by disposition. I cant see much in the chart and want to go with the favourite. Is a 1-0 handicap at 2,95:1 worth trying?

Liverpool - Tottenham, 16.00 BST
Odds: 1,43 4,90 7,25
Asc 2VI32, MC 22TA21, Moon 7AR46, POF 0VI28
Day Sum Hour Venus - radical by triplicity

Noting the type of triplicity and Saturn on the IC, the question is how long Liverpool's running streak will last? I feel like a draw.

The combination with the 1-0 handicap against Everton is priced at 14,4:1.
Any thoughts?

I agree on Fullham v Everton. A one goal handicap seems reasonable.

Liverpool v Tottenham has been giving me problems for a few days :) I want to move away from the home favourite, but how far? We are just before a New Moon and that often makes things a bit tricky. The Moon is combust, after all. It is also applying to the square of L7 and also to Uranus (although I would have liked that to be a bit tighter for a real upset). I have been debating a draw against a Tottenham win. But still can't decide.

Thank you for the feedback, GB. :'

I don't know whether to go with the gamble or go safe. The gamble is more exciting. Things rarely go according to order, which means something should happen within a day that moves away from the favourite by odds.

Radical by triplicity could be a weighing factor, and Venus, LHr, is cadent.

PS. Just want to pass this on from horary work; the waning moon often appears to show a state of reluctancy. I don't know what that should mean in terms of football.

I notice in the Fulham - Everton game, Saturn, L7, casts his antiscia to the angle of the 7th, who he disposes. This could be an indication of the virtue of the guests.

In Liverpool - Spurs I spy that the Moon is in a trine with the antiscia of the MC - this should not be enough for the victory of the favourite - but maybe save against defeat? :???:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, by the way, I decided to play 'safe' today with a simple win for Everton (no handicap). If this goes in, it's good with fresh money the right way. The games are played seperately, so there's time to decide on Liverpool - Spurs later.