GB wrote:Perhaps for some reason the astrology was weak today.
I've always thought there was something that we were missing or overlooking, something that might easier be eyed in simple statestics. For one, I've never quite been able to figure out the active participation of the Lord of the Day. (1) There could be something to do with the combination of the Lord of the Day and the dispositor of the Moon, and/or even more so the dispositor of the Sun, or a combination. In a chart the Moon sets the action, happenings or particulars, while the Sun sets the scene and the background. This is a half-truth, but it should by sufficient for you to understand in which direction I am thinking.
Perhaps for some reason the astrology was weak today.
- May the force be with us. :'

(1) Not quite true: I have actually collected some thoughts and observations on the combination and agreement between the Lord of the Day and the Lord of the Hour, or the Lord of the Hour and the radical ascendant - and these may be googled on my website, but the subject needs to be explored further and the sports section might be the right arena for developing these ideas.
http://www.astronor.com

Janis, I sit reading (and enjoying) over breakfast your last post where you go through the details of every match yesterday. Thank you. I don't think you should be afraid of being wrong as long as everything is laid out orderly. These create a situation were it is possible to eye small details and form new thoughts that might be useful in further developments. :)

My personal winning tripple yesterday involved a handicap on ManC, combined with victory for Wigan and Burnley. Wolves showed strength yesterday in their away game against SheffieldU and won 0-2, but I hadn't got the nerve to put it in the combination. In my experience a combination of two or three games generally works best.

Tottenham - Southampton 3-2 :'

The first leg of my double has been secured and Tottenham beat their opponent with one goal, so I am optionally positioned before the game between Villa and Stoke.

Tottenham had to work hard for this one, though, with Southampton taking a 0-2 lead early in the first half. The deciding goal came in overtime and I really had to sit on my hands the last few minutes as this deciding goal was priced at 10:1 at live betting. I thought there was enough at stake. Now any Villa victory is good, or a one goal victory - or best of all a 2-1 scoreline. We can do the reckoning when it's all over. We are not there yet... :neutral:
---------------------------------------------

Half-time result Villa 1 - 3 Stoke :(
This is going to be a deep one and very difficult.
Maybe the significator opposite the desc or MC 'does' mean 'with difficulty'. :???:

In the 10 matches in the English Premier League on Saturday and Sunday there were 42 goals, over 4 goals per match on average. Both of Sunday's matches had 5 goals.

I find these unusual events, like Saturday's all favourites wins, interesting. I have no explanation so far, but this weekend goes in the book to compare with any future day/weekend that produces such a large number of goals, or a day without draws or underdog wins.
Last edited by GB on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just returned from the country so could not join in. Just some considerations. Yesterday all teams which I associated with Saturn did pretty well, all won including games in League 2 and Conference Premier which I did not put publicly on test because being pressed for time.

Today in the first game Saturn (Tottenham) was in a stake. Mars (Southampton) was conjunct the 4th cusp in Libra, the fall of the Sun, the lord of the day, hour and ASC. Sun was in Aries which is the fall of Saturn. Why I am mentioning this. I am sure that the clue to correct predictions are certain combinations of negative (not positive receptions) between 1) the lord of day, hour, ruler of POF, luminaries (in particular the sect luminary), rulers of luminaries, planet to which the Moon, or any of the above mentioned, if they are light planets, are applying, and 2) the significators.

It seems that despite negative reception - the Sun being in the fall of Saturn and he himself in the 8th from the Sun which is also an affliction and both being ruled by retrograde Mars in Libra, the exaltation of Saturn, - Saturn is in a winning position with Leo ASC. I think that the negative considerations above proved valid today, however Saturn in a stake appeared to be stronger. In my opinion, it also has to do something with the sect considerations (day planets taking partners from their own sect and night planets from their own).

I should say that I do not feel comfortable with Aston Villa. Currently I have chosen Jupiter as their primary significator, but there seems to be Venusian influence as well. If so, Virgo ASC (fall of Venus) is always a big problem. If a sign rises which is the fall of the significator, always expect problems. It does not always lead to a defeat, but it always creates problems if the team is a favourite. It is a tested and proven aphorism.

I think that the lord of ASC and hour Mercury being in its own fall was the clue why it was the away underdog (Stoke indeed were in a terrible away form 7 losses and 3 draws in last 10). Yesterday there were a huge number of underdogs' wins all around the world with Virgo rising and Venus ruling the hour, with Libra rising and Mercury ruling the hour. And it has always been a problem for favourites if the lord of hour is in its fall, even if the chart is radical, or a sign, which is the fall of the lord of hour, is rising such as Cancer and Mars, Virgo and Venus, so on. I think that this we should check more carefully and take into consideration in making predictions in the future.

And it has always been a problem for favourites if the lord of hour is in its fall, even if the chart is radical, or a sign, which is the fall of the lord of hour, is rising such as Cancer and Mars, Virgo and Venus, so on. I think that this we should check more carefully and take into consideration in making predictions in the future.
Good point! It was still a good bet though! If only the Ref had blown the final whistle after Villa scoring the first goal. We'll get it right next time. :lol:

GB wrote:In the 10 matches in the English Premier League on Saturday and Sunday there were 42 goals, over 4 goals per match on average. Both of Sunday's matches had 5 goals.

I find these unusual events, like Saturday's all favourites wins, interesting. I have no explanation so far, but this weekend goes in the book to compare with any future day/weekend that produces such a large number or goals, or a day without draws or underdog wins.
Do you think it could have something to do with the Sun entering the same sign as Uranus? The Sun is pretty spectacular in the sign of its exaltation and could be describing something that is going on in the background. Uranus is the focal planet of a T with Pluto and Jupiter. We might also consider that the dispositor of the Sun is Mars and retrograde. Let's think! 8)

That was an entertaining weekend.

Reflections:

If I'd stayed with the favourites it would have been 3 out of 4.

Going with Egyptian Terms for the WHU/Man U games would have had the terms of the Moon agreeing with the LHR. I was looking at Ptolemaic terms, and echoing Janis' points, I used Mercury which is in Fall and swapped the result around.

Moving between the Tottenham and Aston V games had Sun LHR in exaltation going to Mercury LHR in fall which did swap the result around!

Forward and onwards!!

Considerations for the tomorrow UK games starting at 19:45 GMT

All charts have Libra rising. The day is ruled by retrograde Mars occupying the east. Jupiter rules the hour. It makes the chart radical by agreement in elemental quality (wet and hot).

Jupiter is in the 10th sign (in his exaltation Cancer) regarding the east by a whole ? sign square aspect. The Moon is in its own detriment wandering around the lower midheaven. POF (I always use day formula) is in Leo.
It is believed that the strength of favourites are shown by the condition of the luminaries, in particular the ruler of the sect, the ruler of the hour, POF and its ruler. On surface, the ruler of the hour is in an excellent condition, in Cancer, the 10th sign of the figure and the sign of its exaltation; however, it is seriously weakened by its ruler Moon being in the sign of its own detriment and the fall of Jupiter, i.e. Capricorn.

It is obvious to me that the relationship between the ruler of day and the ruler of hour affects the outcomes of games, but I have not figured out yet the way it does. I have observed that the pair of malefics ruling the time harms favourites, the same effect results from their mutual dislike, ie. a bad reception. The sect considerations - the partners being of the same or opposite sect - have to do with the outcomes, in my opinion.

Mars and Jupiter are not sectmates. Jupiter, the ruler of the hour, is in Cancer, the fall of Mars, the ruler of the day. I consider it as an affliction and wonder whether it would have any impact on favourites, signified either by Mars (red) or Jupiter (blue) and playing against underdogs signified either by Mars (red) or Jupiter (blue).

I noticed that the Moon the is in the exaltation degree of Mars, I wonder what impact it would have on teams signified by Mars (red).

I do not count accidental and essential fortitudes and weakness of the planets but will mention some considerations which, in my opinion, might be important.

Saturn (black, white/black, grey, dark blue, dark red, dark green and other combinations of dark colours) per se is not in a good position (peregrine, not regarding the east and retrograde). However, its ruler Mars (although retrograde and in its own detriment) is rising. Saturn gains by being regarded by both benefics and by being in a stake of POF. Saturn also gains by being the almuten of the place (sign and term) of the Moon. Saturn is afflicted by being in the fall of the Moon, the sect luminary, and by the Sun (ruler of POF) being aversion to it, in Aries, the fall of Saturn. The latter indications I will consider as afflictions only in relation to big favourites (odds 1.80 and shorter).

Jupiter is in excellent condition as stated above. His afflictions are 1) being in Cancer, in the fall of Mars (ruler of day); 2) the condition of the Moon, his ruler, in its own detriment and the fall of Jupiter, ie. Capricorn; 3) the application of Mercury, being in its own fall in Pisces, in aversion to the rising sign). I would say that Mercury teams should win and Jupiter lose (if there are such), despite Jupiter being the dispositor, which is a testimony of power over the disposed planet. Of course, one should consider the odds and statistics which are quite often a stronger testimony than any other.

Mars is relatively strong in the chart. He is regarded by both luminaries and beneficis, being in a stake of Jupiter, who, in its turn provides his regard from a super position. It should strenghen underdogs and middle teams signified by Mars. It should not be a good testimony for big favourites signified by Mars. It is rather an affliction for them as stated above. Mars is fortified by being dispositor of the Sun, the ruler of POF, but is afflicted by being in the fall of the Sun (relates only to big favourites; as regards underdogs and middle teams I count it as a fortification).

Sun is moderately strong in the chart. He disposes POF and by being in the 7th sign should fortify in general away teams. However, his being under the horizon I count as a bad omen for big home favourites who are signified by the Sun (yellow, orange, gold), if any. For the away teams it is a good testimony. His dislike to his dispositor Mars should be treated as a moderately negative testimony for big favourites only, for the underdogs and middle teams it should be a fortification.

Venus is moderately strong in the chart applying to its dispositor by a squre aspect. As her fortifications I can mention being in a stake of POF and being regarded by the Sun, the dispositor of POF. However, negative mutual reception between the Sun and her (by being in each detriment) should count as an affliction for favourites.

Mercury, on its own, is in a weak position. However, it will gain on account of its exalted dispositor by applying to it by a trine aspect. As said above, it afflicts Jupiter.

The Moon?s strength is its angularity. However, affliction is more severe if a planet is in an angle than as it is in a succedent or cadent place. She is void of course. It does not suggest that nothing happens (ie. favourites win) but rather is an indication against favourites, in particular if she is the sect luminary. She is afflicted by being regarded by malefics, though it is received by both of them. For underdogs signified by the Moon, it is a fortication; for favourites it is rather an affliction, in particular because of Saturn, her almuten and dispositor being in Scorpio, in the sign of her fall.
It is also interesting that in a number of games the degree of the Sun?s fall (19th) is rising. There are some with the exaltation degree of Saturn (21st) rising. I wonder what impact it would have.

There are pairs of the planets who are in the same triplicity, ie. Jupiter and Saturn, Venus and Mars, Jupiter and Mercury, Saturn and Mercury. These are indications for draw. If we consider receptions between the planets being in the same triplicity, on the one hand, and the primary ruler of the triplicity, on the other, then Mars should harm Jupiter by the latter being in Cancer, the fall of Mars (it relates to big favourites; for underdogs I count it as a fortification), and fortify Saturn by dispositorship and its rising. Mars should have no impact on Mercury, for it is aversion to it and the contact of antisca is falling apart. On its turn, Mercury has no impact on Mars but should fortify Venus by being in her exaltation. But considering its being in fall, I would say that it is more likely that the competition of Venus (light blue, rosy, green) and Mars is more likely to end draw than a one between Saturn and Jupiter and Jupiter and Mercury.

Jupiter is in superior position to Mars, Sun to Jupiter, Mars to Moon, Moon to Sun, Saturn to Venus. Superior position is a testimony of power regarding the subdued planet.

These are the considerations I would like to put on test tomorrow. If I manage, I will look at all charts (down to Conference Premier). If not, Premier League and Championship will be tested.

Premier League

Arsenal (red/Mars) ? Swansea (white/Moon)
Odds 1.57 4.20 6.50

The Gunners are travelling home from a 6:0 rout at the Stamford Bridge and must be determined to take revenge on Swansea. The Gunners are good on their soil, with 10 wins, 3 draws and a defeat (from Chelsea). The Swans, in their turn, are in a terrible form - they have won only one from last 10 (defeating 3:0 Cardiff at home). They have lost 4 in a row away. It is interesting that all bookies shorten the odds for Swansea, and I tend to agree.

Manchester United (red/Mars) ? Manchester City (light blue/Venus)
Odds 3.50 3.60 2.15

The Sky Blues are the favourite here. They are trying to catch up Chelsea to grab the title; they have won 2 last head-to-head games. The Sky Blues must be motivated to take all 3 points from the game. United have given up their run for the title and really need pull their socks up to get a place in Europe League.

Newcastle (black ? Saturn) ? Everton (blue/Jupiter)
Odds 3.50 3.40 2.25

Not sure that the bookies got it right. I would have offered a little bit better price for Everton. Everton are weak away ? they have lost 4 in a row (though all defeats were against top 5); 4 wins 6 draws and 4 defeats so far in the season. Everton have won 2 of last 3 head ? to ? head games. But it has always been a tough task for Everton to beat Newcastle on their soil, only 4 wins since 1999.

Championship

Bournemouth (Saturn) - Leeds (Moon)
Odds 2.00 3.60 4.00

Bournemouth is the 11th but Leeds the 13th in the table. The bookies are shortening odds on Bournemouth; I do not see a particular reason why? Last head ? to ? head game with Bournemouth hosting leads ended 1:3. Their home statistics are 7 wins, 5 draws and 6 defeats. Leeds are relatively weak away with 5 wins, 4 draws and 9 defeats.

Burnley (Jupiter/Mars) ? Doncaster (Mars)
Odds 1.50 4.33 8.00

Burnley is fighting for a place in the Premier League; Doncaster is trying to avoid relegation. Doncaster is priced at a very attractive price. From a betting point of view, it is worth considering some attractive handicaps. Doncaster is in a good form right now and might put up a good fight. Both teams to score and Burnley to win might be a reasonable bet for an attractive price.

Huddersfield (Venus/Mercury) ? Middlesbrough (Mars/Saturn/Scorpio)
Odds 2.60 3.30 3.00

It is a pretty open and close game. Both teams are around the lower middle of the table not facing relegation but far away from a place in playoffs for a place in the Premier League. Huddersfield have not won any of their last 4, Middlesbrough are without wins in their last 3. The last head ? to ? head is won by Huddersfield (home).

Ipswich (Jupiter) ? Derby (Saturn)
Odds 2.80 3.30 2.75

It is another open and close game. Ipswich are fighting for a place in playoffs. Derby currently may feel safe for their place in playoffs. Ipswich are relatively good at home 9 wins, 4 draws and 5 defeats. Derby is one of the best away teams (better are only Leicester and Burnley) ? 9 wins, 5 draws and 4 defeats. Derby has won last head ? to ? head game on Ipswich soil.

Leicester (Jupiter) - Yeovil (Venus)
Odds 1.30 6.00 11.00

No particular comments. Leicester seem to have already secured a place in the Premier League. Yeovil is fighting to avoid relegation.

Millwall (Jupiter/Sun) - Birmingham (Mercury/Virgo)
Odds 2.40 3.30 3.30

Both teams are fighting for keeping a place in the Championship. Millwall have not any of their last 5 home games (so far 5 wins, 6 draws and 7 defeats at home). Millwall have not won any of their head ? to ? head when hosting Birmingham. Birmingham have not won any of their last 5 games.

Nottingham (Mars) ? Charlton (Mars)
Odds 1.83 3.75 4.75

Nottingham are in a terrible form (not won any of their last eight games) Nottingham must win to keep alive their hope for a place in playoffs. Charlton are fighting to avoid relegation.

QPR (Mercury) ? Wigan (Jupiter)
Odds 2.45 3.25 3.25

Both teams are fighting for a place in playoffs. At the moment QPR may feel relatively safe. Wigan are in an excellent form (9 wins and only 1 draw in their last 10). QPR are good at home 12 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats.

Sheffield Wednesday (Mercury) ? Brighton (Jupiter/Mercury)
Odds 2.90 3.20 2.70

It is a pretty open game judging by odds. Brighton must win to keep alive their hope for a place in playoffs. However, it is a hard task. They have not won any of their head ? to ? head away games. Sheffield are not bad home 8 wins 3 draws and 7 defeats. They have won 7 of their last 10 home games. Brighton are relatively good away 7 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats.

Watford (Sun) ? Blackburn (Mercury/Saturn)
Odds 2.15 3.50 3.60

Watford have won 6 of their last 6 home games. Last 2 head ? to ? head home games are won by Watford. Both teams have a slender hope to get a place in playoffs.

Bolton (Moon) ? Blackpool (Sun)
Odds 1.85 3.60 4.50

Blackpool are in a terrible weak form ? 9 defeats and a draw from their last 10. Bolton?s home statistics are weak, only 4 wins in 18 games (half of the games they draw). Both teams are relatively safe from relegation.

Reading (Mercury) ? Barnsley (Mars)
Odds 1.53 4.33 7.00

Reading are fighting for a place in playoffs; Barnsley must collect points to avoid relegation. Reading have not won any of their last 4 home games. Barnsley have not won any of their last 8 games. Last head ? to ? head away are won by Barnsley.

Arsenal - Swansea

From a viewpoint of soccer, I barely believe that the Swans will collect points. However, the 21st degree (the degree of Saturn's exaltation) is on ASC. I wonder whether it is a fortification or an affliction. I believe that the Swans can well challenge the Gunners and force them pull up their socks to get 3 points. I do not like to prove wrong but I like an option draw here at odds 4.75. I will test it. Common sense suggests Arsenal win with both teams to score.

Manchester Utd - Manchester City. The fall degree of the Sun (19th) is on ASC. Both significators (Mars and Venus) are in the same triplicity. Let's monitor whether the game will end draw. Draw is priced at 3.60.

Newcastle - Everton. The fall degree of the Sun is on ASC. Both planets (Saturn and Jupiter) are in the same triplicity. The primary ruler of the water triplicity is rising and it should favour Newcastle. However, Jupiter rules the hour and is in a very strong position as described in previous posts. A draw is a good option here but I will test Everton at 2.25.