1714 - 1814 - 1914 - 2014

There is obviously a rhythm comprising 100 years:
1714 - end of the Spanish war of throne succession
" " - Kong George of Hanover becomes King of England (August 1st)
1814/15: Vienna Congress - end of Napoleon's rule, attempt to stabilize Europe (balance of powers)
1914 - WW I (August 1st)
2014 ..... ?

Each of the years mentioned above was of greatest importance for Europe. The topic of each of those years was the forthcoming shape of the Continent.

The same will probably be said about the present Europe - Europe in 2014.
The proceedings in and around Ukraine have to be seen in within this context.
The future shape of Europe will be at stake this year - probably including the fate of the EU. (However, I think that the definite outcome will not be clear until 2017).

LL
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.

Hi Lunlumo,

Interesting comments.

The pedant in me cannot resist the historical clarification that while the Congress of Vienna negotiations were started in September 1814 the final treaty was not signed until 9th of June 2015. This was a few days before the Battle of Waterloo which brought the final defeat of Napoleon.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hi Mark,
100 = 3 times 33.33 -
One does not necessarily have to appreciate Rudolf Steiner's writings, but his ideas concerning the 33-year cycles are worth taking into acount:
see 1814/15 - 1848 (Revolution) - 1881 (Russian Tsar killed) - 1914

Going back from 2014 we get into 1981 - the year Reagan came, together with the "second cold war" as it has been named. One more step back: 1947/48: beginning of Cold War (Berlin Blockade).

When casting the 34th solar for a chart the solar AC will get close to the original AC - usually an orbit not larger than 5-7 degrees (depending on the sign).
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.