Modern Chart for Russia?

I am looking for a modern chart for Russia. Some here use charts from 1917 which is fine with me but I would like to have a workable chart which is based on the "recent" changes from 1991, which resulted in huge changes to the physical shape as well as the political basis of the country among others, too.

It seems to be unclear when Russia started it's existence. Some sources claim it to be the 1th of January 1992 and others say it was the 25th of December 1991.

I heard old news from the 25th of December 1991 who announced the end of the Soviet Union and the birth of Russia. On this day Gorbatschow as last president of the Soviet Union started to read his resignation at 16.00 GMT. It was a very short speech and afterwards he gave the power over the Yeltzin as the first president of Russia. The flags on the Kreml were changed
between 17:32 and 17:42 GMT according to different sources. On the same day several foreign countries officially acknowledged the existence of Russia.

There wasn't anything special happening on the 1th of January 1992 but some sources call it the formell ending of the Soviet Union.
To me the 1th of January 1992 as official birth of Russia doesn't make much sense because of what was going on already on the 25th of December 1991.

Now what does mark the moment of the begin of the new country? End of the speech of Gorbatschow, signing of papers with Yeltsin, raising the new flag of Russia? Any general ideas on the topic?

sc - campion mentions raising the flag- 745pm dec 25 1991 as a defining moment for russia. unfortunately there are a few choices, but this seems more relevant then the other time you mention which has no obvious basis, and is not discussed in what i read from campion in his 3rd edition of the book of world horoscopes..

745pm from campions book has 25 leo 17 rising. 9 taurus 59 on the midheaven.. the sochi event and lead up to it would seem to sync up pretty well with the 9 taurus 59 midheaven if you think of the eclipse data from last year which was focused around this degree area.. i don't have the specifics in front of me at the moment..

Hi James,
my edition from Campions "World Horoscopes" is from 1991. I didn't know there exists an more updated version.

Initial thoughts of mine did see the raising of the russian flag as the birthmoment but later I found the other options plausibel as well. I know there are a lot more different dates around but the 25th of December 1991 was the actual begin of the new state in a physical sense and therefore has to be of strong importance.

I don't know how Campion got the time of 7:45 pm for the raising of the russian flag. Different sources in the Internet give times between 7:32 and 7:42 pm as well. A quick check with an rectification program gives the time of 7:42:32 pm as the best result but that needs further testing.

If we take this presumed time for the begin of the economic crises in 1998 Uranus would square the MC.
Russias Uranus in the 5th (and ruler of the 7th house) would get an conjunction from TR Pluto at the moment and TR Uranus would square the Northnode in the 5th house. That could symbolize the recent Olympic Games. Tr. Saturn in conjunction with the Natal Venus-Pluto conjunction in the 4th house would fit in with the discussion about homosexuality and recent changes in law regarding this topic in this country.

hi sc,

my campion edition is from 2004.. the footnote 1173 that goes with the 745pm time reads like this : "One unsourced report to British astrologer Ray Walder gave 7:32 pm, which corresponds to the time recorded from the TV by Canadian astrologer Axel Harvey; Yaroslav Kuryakov, writing from Moscow, 14 Jan 1992, reported 7:38 pm; Marc Penfield gives 7:45pm; Karine Dilanian and Boris Boiko, writing from Moscow, 24 February, specify that the Russian flag was raised at 7:45pm. Charles Harvey reported that BBCI TV news, 5:50pm GMT reported 'a few minutes ago'.

from all of that - 745pm sounds like a good place to start. careful relying on the polarity software too much!

Thanks for the information, James.

So Campion also reports various possibilities of times for raising the russian flag. 7:45 pm looks like a rounded time therefore I prefer to give it some rectification.
Last edited by Southern Cross on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

it is interesting the 2 reporting from moscow say 745pm.. that doesn't look rounded off to me.. i think it is just a case of how you want to process the info.. the flag was raised in moscow btw.. cheers james

when dealing with a software rectification tool, 7:45 will always look rounded off! it is about getting caught up in the very fine details that seems to be a specialty of the practitioners who use this very same tool... make sure all the events that line up are within 1 minute of accuracy, lol.. ps - i like claude monet's paintings too.. some say he painted that way because he had bad eyesight..

Well I am not just on one side of polarity. Seeing the big picture and getting the details right (astrology needs exact birthtimes in order to give best results) is what I am looking for. It's not about one or the other.

"On March 15 1996 the Russian Parliament called for the recreation of the USSR and on 17 March 1996 it renounced the Minsk declaration of December 1991, effectively declaring that the USSR still existed. This was a legal impossibility, but formed on the backdrop to the creation of confederation of Belarus and Russia on 2 April 1996, designed to institute economic union and a common foreign policy. The Commonwealth of Russia and Belarus (SSR) was set up by a treaty signed in the Kremlin at 11:18 am (7:18 am GMT)"[1].

NB: the time zone for April 2 is -4:00, while it is -3:00 for March 15.

Here is more information about the signing, from another source.

THE SIGNING OF THE TREATY

On 2 April 1996 in Moscow, the President of Belarus A.G.Lukashenko and the President of the Russian federation B. Yeltsin signed a Treaty Establishing the Commonwealth of Russia and Belarus. The treaty was entitled ?On deepening integration and comprehensive drawing together.?[2] The Commonwealth of Russia and Belarus established in 1996 was a more consolidated interstate structure than the Commonwealth of Independent States by providing for the creation of an Interparliamentary Congress with 50 parliamentarians from each side, an executive body called the Integration Committee and a Union Court. According to president Lukashenka, a common parliament and constitution could follow later. The name of the new union (SSR in Russian) bears a striking resemblance with the name of the old USSR (SSSR).

[1] Nicholas Campion, "The Book of World Horoscopes", 1996 ed. Cinnabar Books, Wiltshire, England.

[2]Audrius ?ulys, 2005, ?Towards A Union State Of Russia And Belarus?, Lithuanian Foreign Policy Review,

This gives a chart with the Sun at 12?50' Aries and an ascendant at 14?33' Cancer. Might be of interest in view of the upcoming Grand Cross.

Bob

Thanks, Bob.

In addition to the chart from the 25th of Dec 1991 there can be other ones that are valid too.

I am not shure if that applies to the one from the "The Commonwealth of Russia and Belarus" though. The sovereignity of the states involved has not been changed so far and they don't have common customs, currency etc. yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_State

Still can't be wrong to keep an eye on the birthtime you mention and check it with future events.

Two other options come into my mind. One is the Alma-Ata-Declaration from the 21th of Dec 1991 where the end of the Soviet Union was stated with the acknowlegment of Independence of the participating states (including Russia). The other is the adoption of the current constitution of Russia from the 12th of December 1993.