A quick summary of today's racing using the Radicality technique.

Ayr - 71% Correct

Huntingdon - 57% Correct

Sedgefield - 85% Correct

What's interesting is that this evenings card at Wolverhampton only scored 38% correct, and was the weakest performing. The same thing happened with yesterday's evening card at Kempton.

Maybe low grade racing doesn't resonate so much? More investigation needed...

Neptunehead wrote:A quick summary of today's racing using the Radicality technique.
Hi Neptunehead,

may I suggest you to publish also the numbers assuming the case where the favorite always wins?

In statistics, it is important to have a basis for comparison, to see if an approach is better that a baseline method. You can have a baseline random method, or preferably, a method based on the selection of the favorite.

For instance, using the hour rulers for "my" football research, I had "success" of 40% (which is better than the 33% random), but inferior to always selecting the Home Team (44%) or always selecting the Favorite (55%). However, since the Hour Ruler was based on information about the favorite, and I had lower results, I cannot claim that Astrology has anything to do with it (mainly because I attribute the degradation of the results to randomness)..

My opinion (and scientifically valid) is that the hour ruler method is only interesting if consistently scores higher (in average) than a baseline method.

Regards,
Jo?o Ventura

Hi Jo?o

I would be happy to study all races over the next 7 days, and post the results here.

I am a complete novice when it comes to working with data/statistics and would really appreciate your advice on how best to proceed.

How should I present this?

Plus, should I also record what the moon is doing in relation to POF and/or the angles?

NH

Neptunehead wrote: I am a complete novice when it comes to working with data/statistics and would really appreciate your advice on how best to proceed.
How should I present this?
Hi again Neptunehead,

do you know how to use a spreadsheet such as Excel (or LibreOffice Calc)?
With a spreadsheet, after setting it up (which is the hard part), it gets much much easier...

But if you want to keep it simple for now, just do as you were doing:
- race course (date/location/time?)
- the radicality reasons for each race
- and outcome for each race

Then for each race course (for the 7/8 races), just write:
- the statistics as if you choose always the favorite (number of times favorite won divided by the number of races)
- and the statistics for the method (the number of times the method work divided by the number of races - like you've done in the previous post of yours).

The comparison of both statistics over some set of races will provide you with enough information to decide if it promising to continue or not. :)
Neptunehead wrote: Plus, should I also record what the moon is doing in relation to POF and/or the angles?
If you think it's relevant, I guess yes!

However, personally, I would try to see first if the hour ruler method is promising enough. For this, if you have average results for the method consistently higher than, say, 5% to 10% of just choosing the favorite, then you may be getting something relevant here.

If the statistics for the hour ruler method is the same as choosing always the favorite, or worse, then you may want try other things, such as the moon to POF or angles! :)

(If you decide to continue after some time, I suggest to think about using a spreadsheet. It allows you to organize better your results)

Regards,
Jo?o Ventura

Neptunehead wrote:What's interesting is that this evenings card at Wolverhampton only scored 38% correct, and was the weakest performing. The same thing happened with yesterday's evening card at Kempton.

Maybe low grade racing doesn't resonate so much? More investigation needed...
About your last sentence, I don't know much about horse races, but I suspect that for those cases, even the statistics for choosing always the Favorite may not be that high..

If that is the case, it may be because in low grade racing, there is less study about odds and favorites (read, less money), and thus, "quality" is lower..

If this happens to be the case, it can serve as demonstration of the interest on having always a baseline statistic. If not, I stand up for my ignorance about horse racings! :)

Jo?o Ventura

Thanks, Jo?o - most helpful!

I have excel and will record all of the today's findings, broken down as suggested.

I think you are right about sticking to just Radicality for now. My thinking was in a few charts I noted that the Moon was in hard aspect to the POF and even though the chart was Radical, the fav lost - maybe the moon was being blocked from conducting the 'flow of events'. :)

Would you mind if I emailed you today's study in excel so you could check it out before I proceed with the next 6 days of investigation?

I would really appreciate your feedback in terms of worksheet set-up and rules.

Hi again Neptunehead,
Neptunehead wrote: I think you are right about sticking to just Radicality for now. My thinking was in a few charts I noted that the Moon was in hard aspect to the POF and even though the chart was Radical, the fav lost - maybe the moon was being blocked from conducting the 'flow of events'. :)
If you think that information can be interesting, you should append it also. Maybe a column named something like "Moon hard aspect POF" (True/False)..

Neptunehead wrote: Would you mind if I emailed you today's study in excel so you could check it out before I proceed with the next 6 days of investigation?
Sure, send it to skypluxweb@gmail.com, and I'll review it when I get the chance..

Regards,
Jo?o Ventura

Very interesting thread. As the subject has shifted from Football to Races, I would like to ask how would you assign ASC/DSC in Cricket ODI, T20 matches played on neutral venues. Also ASC/DSC reverse on Home venues

Should we be analyzing Coin Toss and studying some Moon aspects to see who wins the Toss hence respectively assigning ASC/DSC?

Does the LH & ASC method work in Coin Toss prediction?