An almost unparalleled natural crisis

The flood and wind situation in the (mainly southern and western part of the) UK gave rise to the title quote today by the assistant chief of defence staff.

Obviously from a national (1801) chart and modern perspective we have had Pluto pass the IC/sun and we have Uranus now square that. We also have Neptune on the nation's Pluto ( natal and progressed and opposite the progressed Mars).

But I was wondering if anyone had done any work on the ingress ( either the recent Capricorn one or last March's April one) for the UK ( I can't see a thread on either), or if they had identified this 'crisis' through any other techniques?

Edit
I've now posted the charts ( why do they come out so big?!).

I'm not at all good with astrological weather stuff. I am presuming the rising Jupiter and Moon in the ingress charts are significant and at least partially descriptive of the event. But what I don't know is how significant in terms of the size of the events. It is being said that these are once in 250 year floods etc. How often do these planets rise in relevant signs such as Cancer in the Ingress charts?

Also how does one get the timing in each case, particularly in the case of the Aries ingress which was at least 9 months before the crisis?

I was originally wondering how much longer this was going to go on. They are saying that the latest storm is the last big one, but can we see that in the charts. I've set the natal tri-wheel for the full moon, but is that relevant? I am not sure?

Any views or perspectives appreciated
Last edited by amandaW on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

hi amelia,

thanks for sharing. if you could figure out how to format the charts for a website, or message board it would be much easier for others to look at these charts. i had already put them up on my computer before you shared these, so i knew what i was looking at.

i just posted this on marjorie orr's site a moment ago, but it relates directly to your post, so i share it here as well.

"this is a topic that interests me. i have been exploring the idea that mundane ingress charts in combo with eclipse data might be able to tell us something. perhaps it is my observation that the concept of a national chart is very recent in astrology, as would be the birth of a nation. prior to this astrologers used mundane ingress charts. with all this in mind i did put some effort into seeing if some of the previous major floods had any pattern to them and i did not find any consistent results.

regarding this particular one, i concentrated on the fall ingress - sun into libra. the astro theory in place regarding mundane ingress is one starts with the aries ingress. depending on the sign on the ascendant, one will either move onto the other seasonal ingress charts or not, if the sign on the ascendant is 'fixed' - one uses that aries ingress chart for the year duration. for 2013. set to london - the 2013 aries ingress has 13 cancer 59 rising, with the moon not too far away at 7 cancer 58.. the midheaven is at 10 pisces, with the mercury/neptune conjunction not too far away at 5/3 pisces. mercury rules the 4th house in this chart, but this chart according to the rules would only apply til the cancer ingress. the flooding seems to have started in early/mid december. if one overlaps the libra ingress with the solar eclipse of nov 3 2013 they can see some interesting connections that would suggest a more challenging situation astrologically. mars in the eclipse chart sits on the i.c. of the libra ingress chart. the sun/moon conjunct sits on the position of saturn in the ingress chart fairly exact. eclipse jupiter in cancer is on one of the angles in the eclipse chart and exactly 135 the ingress mercury which as i was saying rules the 4th house in the ingress chart. there are many more cross overs. unfortunately cross overs in astrology don't prove anything. perhaps the eclipse point at saturn in scorpio in the ingress chart is the most substantial observation to make in all of this.. i will just mention in passing the aries ingress for 2014 and the lunar eclipse for april 2014 have a direct cross over to mars in libra in the ingress chart. that would suggest some type of ominous occurrence on it's own too, but of a different sort since the tie in is with mars."