SERAPION OF ALEXANDRIA

routing around brennans site i happened to see a small paper that appears to have been recently shared from dec 30th 2013 that some folks here would probably enjoy reading.. 11 page pdf.. it is interesting how the translator -
Eduardo J. Gramaglia - mentions 'solar return' footnote 45, only in so far as there is no mention of the word 'profections' anywhere.. not sure if this is relevant or not, but coming out of a previous conversation here regarding the primary importance of either predictive system as practiced in hellenistic astrology, it is always interesting to ponder.

http://www.hellenisticastrology.com/tra ... itions.pdf

James

THe paper doesn't pretend to be an account of time lord systems or even predictive systems in general, but instead on configuration of the planets more generally. The absence of the use of the word profections is hardly susprising with that in mind, even putting aside the fact that profection is just one more modern translation of a particular technique. That said, this technique is not explicitly defined in that text. But, then, neither is the solar return or the circumambulations, which alludes to the fact that the reader ought to know what these are already. On page 9 we are told to look to the "ruler of the year" which is, again, not defined, but may well be our profections.

hi paul,

i missed your comment, so apologies for not responding earlier!
i understand all that. my primary motive was to share a link that some here might not have known about. sometimes one stumbles upon an article that others might not be aware of and they feel generous enough to want to share it with others. as for the 'ruler of the year' - yes - could be profections, or not.. hard to know.