Query on the 7th house and open enemies

Dear All,

I have a quick query on the 7th house and open enemies. I have a very active 7th house with three planets therein ? the Sun, Mercury and Venus. According to the traditional texts I have read, a busy 7th house is a prerequisite to having many open enemies. My question is: can aspects change this for the better? Except for a square between the Sun/Venus and Uranus, my 7th-house planets are, for the most part, well aspected.

I have not experienced many serious clashes in my life as I am a non-confrontational person. I only had one serious personal experience of bullying by a supervisor from a very different cultural background fourteen years ago.

For those of you, who would like to compare my post to my chart, my birth info is below. I am afraid I?m not good at posting a chart on Skyscript ? I have tried and have failed before.

6 January 1970, 16:30
Sofia, Bulgaria

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide,

Yuliana

Hello Yuliana,
Your chart with Topocentric Houses...

I wouldn't expect so much "trouble" with open enemies. You have Venus in the 7th and the ruler (Saturn) is not badly placed. [Note Venus and Saturn in mutual reception.] Venus in the 7th and the Moon in the 6th is suggestive of diplomacy and the spirit of compromise and adaptability; that may very well neutralize most open enemies... Additionally, you are shown by the Moon (Cancer rising), while your open enemies are shown by Saturn (Capricorn Dsc) and they are both in a positive trine. (don't be confused by the out-of-sign element, it's still a trine)

I would expect that trying to attain a stable, healthy, happy home-life and peace and ease with the Mother to be much more problematic. (worthy of concern)

Hoping others will also respond (now that the chart is visible) as I love reading others' approaches. [Okay, half love them, half hate them, content depending...] ;) :) ;)

Take care,

James

Dear James,

Thank you so much for your reply and for creating my chart! I thought nobody would answer because this forum is more reserved for general astrological discussion, not chart readings, so thank you for taking the time ? you?ve been very kind. It is so reassuring to know that I will have no significant trouble with others as traditional texts left the impression with me that a busy 7th house was enough to bring open enemies into your life. You have actually answered my question ? it seems that aspects really matter as I don?t see my 7th house as afflicted by hard aspects.

What you said about the relationship with my mother is sadly true ? we are very different in temperament (she is strongly sanguine and I?m strongly melancholic) and that led to many misunderstandings between us. She rarely understood where I was coming from and often criticized me for not having the same social skills as her. Without exaggeration, I have experienced more trouble and lack of ease and peace with her than with people in the outer world. Thankfully, things are much better now.

Thank you very much again!

Yuliana

Hi, juliana angelova!

I will only add a few general comments to what Atlantean has already mentioned.
According to the traditional texts I have read, a busy 7th house is a prerequisite to having many open enemies.
Or many spouses! :)
The Descendant is where people become visible to you meaning that, even if we are talking about the enemies, it is better to be able to see them than to have them working behind your back (unless, of course, you're interested in such games).
The 1st/7th axis describes the nature of all relationships that happen "across the table", sort of speaking. It rules our enemies but also our loved ones. It rules quarrels but, at the same time, it stands for that delicate line between us and the person whom we give ourselves to. It's a dangerous game :) - when an enemy has enough informations about us, he can easily ruin us; he only needs to "pull the trigger" - we're right across them and an easy target. Similarly, a person whom we love, owns our heart making us dependent on him; he will either take good care of our heart and make our life even better or ruin us by throwing our love away.
An activity taking place across the 1st/7th axis can be either an exhausting court case or a constructive conversation with someone that can result in something productive.
So, as you see, it goes beyond just the enemies- it's a line that, although shown as an opposition, carries the energies of both confrontation and balance.
If your Ascendant ruler says that you can easily communicate with the people who stand right in front of you then, obviously, they're not necessarily your enemies.

Likewise, the ruler of the 7th, attacking your ruler from another house, may be an indication of where your open enemies are most likely to start shooting from. (For instance: Many people with the 7th ruler inside the 4th and attacking their L1 have difficulties in communicating with their family members; law suits, quarrels, no communication, fights over inheritance etc.).

I have not experienced many serious clashes in my life as I am a non-confrontational person. I only had one serious personal experience of bullying by a supervisor from a very different cultural background fourteen years ago.
This is actually a 10th house matter and, in your case, the troubles in establishing a well balanced relationship with your mother and becoming a "victim" of an authority actually fall into the same basket.
Traditionally, the 10th house is assigned to mothers. This angular Mars in his own triplicity in a sextile with the Sun (fathers, authorities, kings, bosses), makes her a very strong and energetic person and probably someone who is most likely to win any battle (or, at least, present herself as the winner). And, it actually goes beyond the temperaments. My mother is very melancholic whilst i'm a sanguinic (oddly enough, our birthdays are on the same date :D ) but, with a strong influence of Martian energy in her chart and with Mars inside the chatty Gemini in the 10th in my own chart, discussions with her are often impossible.
Your mother's Mars sextiles the planet of the authorities making her very influential and probably prone to evaluating your achievements (Mars squares the dipositor of your melancholic Ascendant ruler, Mars is angular, Moon is cadent and...you end up feeling hurt).
But, this same Mars represents your superiors as well which is why it brought a boss who expressed his hostility towards you at a certain point in your life.

Now, speaking of a full 7th house - are you (or have you been) married?

Cheers,

aglaya
Last edited by aglaya on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dear Aglaya,

Thank you for being so generous with your time and advice! I am becoming more and more convinced that it is really hard to be objective about your own chart. I have looked at my chart many times over the years but I never saw it the way you did. Everything you said about my mother and superiors makes more sense than you think; however, I didn?t understand why Mars should square my Ascendant ruler ? as far as I know, Mars doesn?t square the Moon. Well, yes, they are square by sign but the orb is too wide to create a square.

To answer your question about marriage: no, I have never been married in my life. I attribute that to the mutual reception between my 7th-house Venus in Capricorn and Saturn in Taurus, which rules the 7th. Is that correct? And do you think marriage is possible at all?

Thank you in advance for any reply you could give me and I wish you all the best.

Yuliana

hi yuliana

thanks for sharing your chart and asking some questions about the 7th house with regard to your chart.. i think aspects have great bearing on how affairs of a house manifest. i don't immediately think open enemies when considering the 7th house unless i see planets like mars or saturn in hard aspect to the 7th house or contained within the 7th which isn't the case here. typically venus in the 7th is a plus in relationships with others. venus in capricorn is under the rays of the sun here and directly square uranus. this square is very close to the ascendant axis of your chart which gives it more significance.. uranus tends to create more of an unsettled energy and makes it difficult for any conventional type of relationship to develop when in square to venus.. this conflicts with venus in capricorn's desire for a more traditional union like 'marriage'..

the moon is an important consideration to any chart for a number of reasons. in your chart it rules the ascendant and lands in the 6th sign from the ascendant, and 12th sign to the 7th house as well. what james a. said about your relationship with your mother is relevant and important. cancer rising individuals always seem to have an important relationship with their mom and family for good or bad which colours much of their involvement in life. moon in a close square to pluto is conflictual. it suggests the relationship with your mom is an important part of the process in understanding who you are as separate from your mom.. a lot of psychological insight can be generated from a square like this which helps release any events from the past being a burden in the present. i believe it's a factor in your relationships and 7th house matters too given the location and phase of the moon to your 7th house sun. the moon forms an out of sign trine to saturn bringing together the 1st and 7th house rulers in a positive aspect which helps. saturn is very slow in motion and having just turned direct in this chart and in mutual reception with venus as well.. this is a mixed bag as i see it.

i don't approach astrology in a fatalistic way.
juliana_angelova wrote: And do you think marriage is possible at all?
Yuliana
anything is possible!

what i understand about position of the planets in relation to time is that planets in the 7th and what they suggest come forth later in life as opposed to planets near the rising sign which are said to come at the beginning of life. with the exception of saturn, your chart is a western hemisphere emphasis which is thought to suggest being more at the mercy of the energy of others, as opposed to showing the initiative thru the energies of the planets rising up in the eastern hemisphere. at the same time relationships are especially important for western hemisphere focused charts. i would never say never regarding the possibility of marriage.. all the best - james

juliana_angelova wrote:Dear Aglaya,

Thank you for being so generous with your time and advice!
You're welcome! :)
I am becoming more and more convinced that it is really hard to be objective about your own chart. I have looked at my chart many times over the years but I never saw it the way you did.
It is always good to try to find a connection between what we already know and what we see in a chart - it helps us to understand how the energies of the planets, houses and signs mix and, consequently, it teaches us how to approach the influences shown in the chart that we aren't entirely aware of.

I didn?t understand why Mars should square my Ascendant ruler ? as far as I know, Mars doesn?t square the Moon. Well, yes, they are square by sign but the orb is too wide to create a square.
The planets are not in an aspect, that's correct. However, Jupiter is squaring Mars and, since Jupiter is the Moon's dispositor (the Moon is placed inside the rulership of Jupiter), the connection is established. ;)
More over, although Mars directly affects her and her behaviour, her ruler (L10) is actually Jupiter - your dispositor. Whilst the distribution of the significators along with the challenging aspects talks about your differences and troubles, the position of your rulers can be seen as a promise of a good "outcome".
Without exaggeration, I have experienced more trouble and lack of ease and peace with her than with people in the outer world. Thankfully, things are much better now.
Note that your Moon is only 5 degrees away from forming a sextile with your mother's ruler! It's an "out-of-sign" sextile meaning that the Moon needs to enter into a new sign in order to complete the aspect. Now, whilst some astrologers tend to dismiss such applications due to the planetary position, I respect them and usually see the sign border as an obstacle of some kind. Your case could be a good example actually - in order for the two of you to establish a good relationship, a wall needs to be torn down first. It's not an easy task but, it can be done successfully.
To answer your question about marriage: no, I have never been married in my life. I attribute that to the mutual reception between my 7th-house Venus in Capricorn and Saturn in Taurus, which rules the 7th. Is that correct? And do you think marriage is possible at all?
I should probably say that my question was not based on an impression that you can or cannot enter a marriage :) - I only asked it because I though that it would be interesting to hear how a person with a Venus/Sun conjunction inside the 7th would describe her relationships (all long term or steady relationships and partnerships fall into this house, not just those made official by a piece of paper).

As Athlantean already mentioned, the application of your ruler to Saturn (the ruler of your 7th) is also an out of sign trine aspect. Based on what I said about the sign border in terms of your relationship with your mother, you can probably understand how I would read this position. An obstacle needs to be removed first.
The aspects of the relevant planets with Saturn can often indicate some sort of a delay. If "delay" is the correct term, anyway. Women just don't get married at the age of 16 any more, we have to keep that in mind.
(Just the other day, I was going through an astrology book, and a recent one too, and I came across this sentence: "For a woman, marriage represents the height of her ambitions". I felt so angry that I decidedly refused to read it ever again! :).)
But, a certain period of time is usually needed in order for the person to, either become ready for such a commitment or to find a person whom she wants to spend her life with.
In addition, when the partners are signified by these two planets, certain differences can be expected as the nature of these two planets are significantly different. Sometimes, it can be hard for the Moon to get used to the saturnian nature.
However, it is obvious that, whilst you yourself are presented by a very delicate planet, placed inside the 6th (gentle, non-assertive..), male planets are actually very strong in your chart. Obviously, this doesn't apply only to men in your life- as I already mentioned, it affects your relationships with other people even in a way of receiving "male" energy from women around you.But, it would be interesting to hear as to how you would describe your role in your previous, steady relationships!

Cheers,

aglaya

I am sorry for not responding immediately to the new replies. I was away.

Dear James_M,

Thank you so much for your positive approach to my chart ? it is much appreciated. I am happy to know that essentially happy planets and good aspects can direct the buzz in the 7th house in a positive direction. As I said, traditional texts had left the impression with me that the mere occupancy of this house is reason enough to worry about open enemies coming into your life.

Everything you said about Cancer Rising individuals fits me to a T. Well said.

Dear Aglaya,

My only significant adult relationship, which ended ten years ago, is well described by my Venus in the 7th house ? it was peaceful and happy. However, because I was abroad and he was a local, he was more in control of the situation than me, which seems to fit the 7th-house Sun. He never abused his power but the fact that I was too dependent on him never gave me a sense of real ease.

To be completely honest, I don?t really believe in out-of-sign aspects ? I have never seen the positive effect of the Moon?Jupiter sextile in my life and I don?t think the Mercury?Saturn square describes me at all. From a strictly traditional point of view, I am sure that my Moon and Mercury are actually unaspected ? they only aspect Pluto and Pluto was not discovered until 1930. I wonder what William Lilly would have said about this chart. :D

Thank you for everything.

Peace,

Yuliana