Ooh, I did well yesterday!

I picked up on the game Real Sociedad - Elche about 55 minutes into the game. The score was 3-0. I remembered the Moon's sextile to Mercury in the face of the Moon in Aquarius and thought 'that is regular, reliable, plodding and square' so I put ?20 of my winnings from the previous game on the scoreline 4-0 at the odds of 4,3:1.

Sure enough the 4th goal came in the 73rd minute and nothing more, so the scoreline was correct and I picked up another ?86 return, or a ?112 profit for the day! :)
http://www.astronor.com

Here is something to look at for today, January 28. Basically, I was impressed by what seemed to be a range of tight matches that could swing either way. Most of them start at 19.45 GMT and should probably be left alone for that reason, but there are two at 20.00 GMT with one in London and one in Liverpool. The local derby in Liverpool caused me to cast a chart.

Liverpool - Everton, 20.00 GMT
Odds: 1,80 3,85 4,55
Asc 12VI50 MC 6GE51 Moon 9CP20 POF 13LE20
Day Mars, Hour Mars - same triplicity as Mercury

This is interesting, because the radicality by triplicity (and on different terms than yesterday) will be valid for all the 19.45 and 20.00 GMT games - either explaining the tight matches or we get an exceptional numbers of draws?

However, at 20.00 GMT the Moon is in an exact square to Uranus and Jupiter, L7, has the closest counting aspect and is sextile the Ascendant. I reckon this argues that Everton may get points or even take the victory. The price is always good for an 'underdog' but Liverpool and Everton are basically head to head in the Premier league. I reckon the pricing comes from Liverpool having a larger international squad of supporters.

In London, Crystal Palace will meet Hull. The ascendant is 14VI23 and Jupiter, L7, no longer has an upper hand.

For the record;

Liverpool - Everton 4-0, a right thrashing :(
Crystal Palace - Hull 1-0 :???:

If there was anything of significance in the Premier League this evening, it was probably Southampton's 2-2 against Arsenal. This gives both ManC and Chelsea a chance to advance tomorrow. Regarding this evening... it feels as if too many games were being played at once - but I do note that there was nothing in it for Everton, even though Jupiter, L7, was sextile the asc... It was a sextile through signs of LONG ASCENSION. Maybe Mercury, L1, casting antiscia to the degree of the North Node also had something to do with it?

Hi Andrew,

this topic does not seem to attract many fans, such a pity..
I would like to ask you if, so far, do you have any simple statistics about "hits and misses" (how many times your interpretation was correct vs incorrect)?

Jo?o Ventura

jventura wrote:Hi Andrew,

this topic does not seem to attract many fans, such a pity..
I would like to ask you if, so far, do you have any simple statistics about "hits and misses" (how many times your interpretation was correct vs incorrect)?

Jo?o Ventura

Hi jventura, you can count me as a follower of this forum.
I'm quietly working away at sports predictive astrology. When I have something more definite I will join in the specific games analysis.

There used to be more of a collective effort at sharing ideas several years ago. There have been a few attempts during this football season but it seems to revert back to predicting a game and whether it was correct.

I'm always interested to read Andrew's and anyone else's thoughts and analysis.

Hello jventura,

No, I am not keeping any statestics. We could, but the reason is that the forum is a testfield for so many different observations and ideas under so many different conditions that it hardly would be fair to sum these up according to their predictive success. I am still looking around for some sort of qualitative key that describes the conditions and terms of a football match and that tells me which rule to apply when. Some times I want to discuss a chart or the general conditions, although there may be a dozen games starting at the same time and that abondons the case of individuality. Then the next day when there is only one game running I get this feeling "Oh no, not another 19.45-fixture!" :-?

At Skyscript there is record of our tracking of soccer games back to at least 2005, as far as my participation is concerned, and I hope this material in hindsight may show how our ideas and observations developed. Although I will admit there were some murky periods. I think that to perform statestics on any theory the examination would have to be limited down to very narrow categories. One of the things we do seem to be experiencing is that the tightest or most accurate aspect gets it. But then we do have examples of even (what seems to be) the most perfect chart failing. So this is why the sports section remains a playground or testpit as far as I am concerned, but I do try to present material in a structured manner.

I have to comment on one remarkable result yesterday, Jan. 29., among all the 19.45-games going in the Premier League, and this would be the 0-0 result between Chelsea and WestHam. Chelsea were enormous favorites be odds, yet WestHam kept their goal clean. This was not the case at the Tottenham home ground, just round the courner, where ManC gave the home team a 1-5 beating. But this is the problem with identical charts. The chart isn't much different to the one held between Liverpool - Everton one day earlier, where Jupiter, L7, sextile the Asc., yet Liverpool beat their guests 4-0.

In regards to Chelsea's performance it must be said that I still have this team ruled by Cancer and that the transitting Moon in the opposite sign (Moon VOC in Capricorn on Wednesday) often presents unexpected obstacles or low performance for that athelete, sportsman or team. WestHam may in general terms have enjoyed this placement of the Moon better, although in my notes I have WestHam under Saturn or possibly Libra. This is interesting but the question is why another Cancerian team, ManC, did so well against Spurs? I don't know how obvious Manchester City's association with Cancer is, but Manchester is according to tradition to be ruled by Cancer, while Manchester United definately has been Scorpio.

So in conclusion there are questions, but this is one of the important exersizes of astrology - getting to learn how to ask the right questions, keep things apart and maintain the right sort of focus. :)

Hi again Andrew,
Andrew Bevan wrote:But then we do have examples of even (what seems to be) the most perfect chart failing.
right on! :)

However, out of the hat, I would say that if you had some simple statistics hits/misses (regarding the interpretation and the outcome), which would say that you were correct way more than 1/3, you could (almost) conclude some interesting things:

First, 1/3 is easy to guess where it comes from. It is the probability of a team winning, losing, or have a draw. A method consistently a little better than 1/3 would be proved quite efficient. For instance, some conclusions in psychological academic papers are drawn with results in the order of 0.2-0.3 (20% to 30%), not much indeed..

Second, the more interesting thing, is that if one would have more than 1/3 success, one could win bets in a consistent way, on a large time-scale, I'll explain:
- Suppose that you have just 1/3 chances of being right on a bet (plain randomness over a lot of matches)
- Suppose you always bet on a team when the odds are greater than 2

With this conditions (odds always > 2), even if you only had random success (which is the same as none astrological success), over a long period of bets, you would be positive. It is something like this: imagine you always bet with odds = 2.5.
- You do a first bet of 50, your team loses, you lose 50.
- You do a second bet of a winning team, of 50, there's draw, you lose another 50.
- On your third bet of 50, you win, you get 125, which sets you positively on +25

On the long run, i repeat, in the long run, it could get into positive results. I have simulated this with a computer algorithm with random numbers, and it works in the long run (like 95% of the time). With success greater than 1/3, maintaining the odds, results would get positively faster..

Andrew Bevan wrote:So in conclusion there are questions, but this is one of the important exersizes of astrology - getting to learn how to ask the right questions, keep things apart and maintain the right sort of focus. :)
That is the truth.. :)

Currently, I'm working on the web client of a tradition astrology software I have been implementing (skyPlux), but I hope to get more active on these topics "Sport and Speculation", when things settle down. Maybe something interesting can be made out of this..

Jo?o Ventura

Andrew, I understand your comment about matches at the same time, but equally I think you have also suggested an answer. You mention that some teams are associated with certain planets or signs. Unfortunately, we do not have birth charts for teams - there are some suggestions but nothing definite for most teams. However, I wonder if we can make progress by identifying some more team-planet/sign links.

We do not expect everyone to be affected in the same way by the transiting planets, tonight's New Moon for example. It will depend on the individual's natal chart. One reason we find football prediction so difficult might be this lack of a natal charts to which we can refer the match chart.

When we get conflicting results - such as those you mention for Jan 29, that might give us a pointer to team rulers that can help explain the different results.

Others have suggested team colours as a way forward. I think both are possible. I do not feel comfortable giving-up on multiple-match times, it causes us to miss so many games :)

Jventura, GB, John: Thank you for all the positive feedback and input on recent posts. I don't mind submitting my suggestions on the signs associated with various football teams. The options or rational behind can be discussed and I'm certainly not going to get into a fight. Sometimes it is necessary we make separate approaches and see how we get on with things. Adjustments may come along the line - when we're ready. If anyone thinks that is a good idea, I will see what I can find in my notes and files.

Like GB I find the games starting at the time quite exciting, but I know that it can be rather difficult separating them astrologically - at least according to my approach.

I recall a few years back there was a thread(s) about birth charts of Football clubs, which may help isolate significators for individual teams.
If there is momentum to have this conversation, I'll happily dig out what I can find as well.

I remember that discussion. The problem is that only a few clubs had reliable foundation data, and the clubs have changed their name and merged/re-founded themselves a number of times making a historical approach difficult.

My thought, for what it's worth, is to look at charts for the same KO time, where the results are very different and see which planets were strong/weak, and see if they can be related to the result. For example: if we think that Chelsea is ruled by the Moon and the Moon is weak, then that might explain them losing even when they were favourites. In another game for the same KO time, a team that was expected to lose but actually won might be explained by it being ruled by Saturn, say, because Saturn was strong. (This is just an example).

What I'm saying is that, rather than try to find a natal chart, and then have all the issues of looking at the match chart against the two natal charts, it might be easier to go directly to finding which planets seem to be associated with which team (in the right way for the result).

Obviously this would involve looking at a number of past matches for the clubs, but it might give results. If nothing else it does give a way of differentiating matches played at the same time, and so be worth exploring.

Here is a list of English football teams and a sign association I made years ago and probably started working with either in 2006 or 2007. These have been composed either according to the sign associated with the town/city, according to the name of the team, or derived meanings or associations, or in accordance with other observations made upon performance. I do not claim to have any soul right to this listing or anything.

Please regard it as work card only and anyone is welcome to form their own opinion or add their own reflections. It is even possible these sign associations change over time according to the league and development of the team. Middlesbrough appeared to 'float' some time from Virgo to Libra or Leo, but I just continued to observe and there are no absolutes. My favourites are indicated with a '*'.

Arsenal - Aries, Leo, Sun *
ManU - Scorpio, Mars *
ManC - Cancer, (Libra, Venus) *
Chelsea - Cancer, Moon *
Liverpool - Scorpio, Mars *
Everton - Gemini, (Libra), Mercury, Venus *
Aston Villa - Sagittarius, Aries, (Virgo), Jupiter *
Portsmouth - Pisces (Leo!), Jupiter, Sun
Newcastle - Aquarius (Sagittarius) *
WestHam - Libra, Saturn (Capricorn) *
Blackburn - Capricorn, Mars , liked lesser dignities of Saturn in Leo *
Fulham - Taurus
Reading - Virgo, (Gemini), Mercury, Moon
Tottenham (Spurs) - Capricorn *
Bolton - Capricorn, Leo
Birmingham - Virgo, Mercury *
Middlesbrough - Virgo (Libra?) *
Sunderland - Sagittarius (Gemini, Capricorn)
Wigan - Aquarius, Sagittarius (?) (but could be Mercury?)
Derby - Taurus