Football - Januar 2014

Happy New Year!

Starting off the New Year with a report from one of Yesterday's games;

ManU - Spurs, 17.30 GMT
Odds: 1,65 3,90 5,15
Asc 29CN20 MC 1AR40 Moon 14CP57 POF 3LE04
Day Mercury, Hour Venus - in same sign as L1

The Sun conjunct or aspect an outer planet is often an underdog, but other games today seemed fairly predictable. At least I had a winning on a combination of 5 favourites. But in this game, which has an inividual starting time, Mars, L10 is square the Sun. Maybe this spoilt it for the favourite, or the emphasis of Mars and Pluto is good for 'Spurs' from an underdog position. Tottenham won 1-2 at the impressive odd of 5,15:1.

I often thing that prices are poor on popular teams because they tend to get backed by more supporters!
http://www.astronor.com

Two Premiership games Sunday, January 12.

Newcastle - ManC, 14.05 GMT

Odds: 5,75 4,10 1,60
Asc 29GE53 MC 19AQ13 Moon 12GE54 POF 20SC29
Day Sun Hour Mercury (Regio) - radical

If this game starts a minute late the ascendant will change sign to Cancer, but this will put Capricorn on the 7th and tighten the conjunction between Saturn and the Part of Fortune. Saturn is by all means Lord of the 10th and conjunct POF. ManC are favourites, so I reckon they should get it, although the odds seem unfavourable because Newcastle are doing quite well.

Stoke - Liverpool, 16.10 GMT
Odds: 6,50 4,25 1,53
Asc 22CN15 Asc 21PI38 Moon 13GE56 POF 13SG48
Day Sun, Hour Saturn - Guards on the Brigde

This chart is incredibly interesting. The match starts just ahead of Sunset, so the planetary hour is on the cusp of Saturn to Jupiter, and I am calling the 'Guards on the Bridge'. This has often been shown to cause a draw. Then Moon, Lady of the 1st house, is opposite Fortuna. The Moon opposite POF often shows an underdog. The only problem is the the Moon is Lady of the 1st and hence opposes POF. Furthermore, Saturn is Lord of the 7th and casts a trine to the MC. Who will win? I think it is a gamble to put money on Liverpool and an unexpected home win or a draw should considered. I'm starting with a draw because the Guards are on the Bridge, and Saturn in aspect to the MC might contribute to throwing ice over the match. But the Sun on the Descendant - both teams score?

Newcastle - ManC 0-2
Stoke - Liverpool 3-5 :???:

What a spectacular game in Stoke, which developed as follows;
First half: 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2
Second half: 2-3, 2-4, 3-4, 3-5

Since I got it wrong, I got it wrong. The only way round is looking at the Moon, who is Lady of the first, opposite Fortuna and Saturn, Lord of the 7th, trine the MC, in a different fashion. An interesting study on that 2nd game and on the day as a whole I'm up ?5! ;)

Here's a tough one; The first goal scored in the Stoke-Liverpool match was an own goal, so both teams scored 4 goals each. However, the own goal is like shooting yourself in the foot. I just thought I'd mention it incase we come up against similar situations later. Gerrard also scored for Liverpool on a penalty - but that is a different issue.

Andrew Bevan wrote:The first goal scored in the Stoke-Liverpool match was an own goal
I am never sure how to treat own goals. The team scoring is injuring itself, so how should that be shown in the chart? I see that the own goal was scored about 5 minutes into the match so the Sun had just set and LH changed.

Has anyone found indicators for own goals?

Has anyone found indicators for own goals?
Good question, Mr. Moderator.

To discuss the Stoke-Liverpool chart a little further, when the luminaries are prominent in a chart, this most often signifies and promotes the favourites. Yet, the opposition indicates 'with difficulty', and in the case of the Moon opposite Fortuna (POF), this is often the token of the underdog.

The Sun opposite the Ascendant is good for the favourite, and yet, as Ficinia, a previous moderator of the sports section noted, a planet on the decendant often gives a goal both ways. In the above chart the Moon was opposite Fortuna, which indicated the underdog - yet the Moon was Lady of the 1st house, so the problem changed to whether the Lord/Lady of the 1st in opposite to POF was a good or a bad thing. In fact, the question must be whether the significator of either the 1st of 7th in any aspect to Fortuna does advance that team, or whether the hard aspects bring about misfortune. If the Moon opposite POF does generally warn an underdog, then this could be the warning of a mishap or upset. Or in this case, with the Lady of the 1st in opposition to Fortuna, there was a mishap in that direction.

In addition to the luminaries/lights, in a general way it may be said that the fortunes also advance the favourites, whilest the infortunes may indicate the underdogs or 'dark horses'. This difficult issue is when significators take on several roles, i.e the Moon is the favourite, the underdog and the lady of the 1st house - but it can be sorted out.

Saturn, L7, was trine the MC in the Stoke-ManC game. Going back to Ficina's times again, we found out that this trine wasn't always enough to win a game - but it would be reasonable to assume it offered some assistence or favourable circumstances to the team represented by that planet. Stoke scored and own goal and Liverpool were awarded a penalty. So Liverpool were benefited by the rules and referee (MC=the judge) on two occasions. Following that line of reasoning, maybe obstructions with the MC or the lord of the 10th would show some of the red cards.

The own goals could be due to some of the mixing of roles, as discussed above, and when planets are turn in on upon themselves, their goal and purpose.

I've been busy with some work in the house today, but rather report from a chart I was looking at last night in retrospect;

Premier League, Saturday, Jan 18. 2014

Sunderland - Southampton, 12.45 GMT

Odds: 2,90 3,20 2,50
Asc 15GE24 MC 5AQ23 Moon 23LE41 POF 10CP44
Day Saturn, Hour Moon/Saturn (regio) - Guards on the Brigde

By odds this game seemed rather open, although Southampton are the stronger team and higher on the table. Howver, nothing much is going on in the chart with the Moon VOC, and Saturn L7 is intercepted and cadent in the 6th. The planetary hour is on the change according to the 'eye-vision in the chart, which contains Regiomontanus house cusps. This puts the guards on the bridge and suggests a draw.

I didn't get to play this match, but sat watching the last 10 minutes. The game ended 2-2 and it was indeed a draw.

Here's an interesting case for Sunday in the FA cup, but I wonder whether the odds have changed since yesterday, because then it seemed to be a more even spread;

Sheffield U - Fulham, 13.00 GMT
Odds: 2,80 3,30 2,40
Asc 25GE13 MC 16AQ48 Moon 5SG44 POF 24AR27
Day Sun, Hour Sun - Lord of Asc, Mercury, in same sign as Sun

Fortuna is on the midpoint of Mercury/ascendant, and Mercury is in the 10th house and 42' short of the sextile to Fortuna. However, the Moon needs only 46' to complete her sextile to the Sun, who is Lord of the 4th house (the 10th from the 7th) AND LORD OF THE DAY AND HOUR.

Jupiter is Lord of the 7th house of the guests and in mutual reception with the Moon. Jupiter casts his antiscia to 17GE11 which is trine the MC at 16AQ48 by a 23' orb. This is the tightest aspects and seconds of delay will make this aspect more exact at the same time as POF is moving out of orb with Mercury.

Fulham are in a very competative Premier League with 11 teams within a range of 5 points. Sheffield U are towards the bottom of League One. The Moon aspecting the lord of the hour - quality should prevail.

Sheffield U - Fulham 1-1 :(

Oh well, there are two ways of looking at it. There were pretty tight testimonies both ways and the Lord of the hour was the Lord of the 4rth.
The home team got an early goal and I went in backing Fulham at the odds of 9:1. Then Sheffield U got a red card early in the 2nd half and it looked good when Fulham equalized.

I was lacking a cash-in button at Unibet, because I could have taken a nice profit when Fulham equalized at 1-1. Either way, I didn't quite make it today. :,

GB wrote:By the standard, time (Placidus) definition of Lord of the Hour, the Lord changed from Mars to the Sun at 13.01 and perhaps that helped give the draw.
Aha! That is interesting. That would put the 'Guards on the Brigde' and suggest a draw. You know I don't like mixing systems, planetary hour and houses, yet it is an interesting example to hop backwards and forwards between Placidus and Regiomontanus and see how the placement of the Sun varies from the middle of the 9th house in the two different systems.
gs53 wrote:+ Lord of the hour same triplicity as L1
Yes, I noticed this - and radicality by triplicity also likes to share things round and go for the draw. Yet, here L1 in the same sign as LHr could have suggested a home win, everything else equal, but I had got a feeling that wouldn't quite win home in this chart. Don't quite know how I figured that out, but it felt as if the Sun, LHr, in the sign of its detriment didn't quite want to offer this benefit. :???:

Football prediction feels a bit like playing darts. It takes practice and skill - and in the end might get better in weighing things up?