UK Racing

On Thursday 26 Dec (Boxing Day) at 15:10 the King George Chase is run at Kempton Park 51N25 0W24. This is a Class 1 Group 1 race and the main race of Boxing Day, so it might be worth thinking about over the next few days.

The ascendant is 25GE33 and the Campanus 5th cusp at 6VI31 applies by quincunx (if we allow minor aspects) to Uranus at 8AR37 and by trine to Pluto at 11CP04.

The PoF is less than a degree from, and applying to, the conjunction of Uranus.

I am wondering about Dynaste on colour grounds and possibly Cue Card.

Anybody have any thoughts?

The interesting question is which aspects to allow for the 5th cusp. I usually don't consider quintiles and certainly not noviles :D

If we allow the quintile to Saturn then Mount Benbulben might be possible, although the odds are quite long.

My Research throws up this:-

Yes, Noniles and the other minor-minor aspects only work 25% of the time when aspecting the main planets. Even less when aspecting the outers.

Quintiles and the other major-minor aspects work around 50% of the time when aspecting the main planets. Again, less when aspecting the outers.

Major aspects to main planets work 75% of the time when the first aspect.

Dynaste(s) is a genus of large beetles, mostly from Central America and South America
Maybe Saturn in Scorpio, but I have to agree with you - Mountains and Hills come up time and time again when Saturn is involved. :D

UK Racing

Merry Christmas Everyone.

My thoughts about this race are mainly concerned with the rulers of the first Gemini and the seventh Sagittarius.

Mercury rules the first in Sagittarius which is very weak on two counts: it is in its detriment and it is also combust this sounds like Cue Card to me.

Jupiter is quite strong however because although it is retrograde, it is exalted and in the second house (where the prize money may well end up). This sounds like Long Run to me, as he is the reigning champion of this race last year and whose amateur jockey is a member of the aristocracy eg his grandfather was a baronet.

The horse is currently 10/1 and can therefore be backed each way.

Interesting result at Doncaster (53N31, 1W06) today 29 December 2013 at 14:20 GMT. The race started at 14:22:13 which is when I set the chart.

Ascendant 18GE34 with Mercury in the 7th but combust; however it is separating from the Sun by 12 minutes. Mercury is also trine PoF and square Uranus. Campanus 5th applies first to quincunx Venus then square Moon. For those who use planetary hours, the lord of the hour was also Mercury.

The winner was Mart Lane at 9/2. A mart (same as market) is signified by Mercury, as is a lane. The colours were light blue and yellow, with purple sleeves. Mixed colours like this are often signified by Mercury. In addition Mercury or the Moon often indicate light blue. Light colours (light blue and yellow) are indicated by Venus.

I thought Mart Lane worth a small bet :D

Sometimes analysing a race after the event can be helpful in highlighting the factors that worked. Any other comments welcomed.