ok thank you for the informative reply :D

I have one more related question that I was wondering if you could help me with. Namely, assume that a planet is cadent, if its dispositor is angular does that also provide an "out" for the planet? Or does this require an angular aspect between the cadent planet and its dispositor? I recall reading that an angular dispositor can give an out to a planet but I just want to make sure.

AstroNovice wrote:ok thank you for the informative reply :D

I have one more related question that I was wondering if you could help me with. Namely, assume that a planet is cadent, if its dispositor is angular does that also provide an "out" for the planet? Or does this require an angular aspect between the cadent planet and its dispositor? I recall reading that an angular dispositor can give an out to a planet but I just want to make sure.
It's certainly good for a cadent planet to have an angular dispositor, but the best situation involves close applicative aspect between the two. Yet much will depend upon the ruler's overall condition if we bear in mind that the ruler indicates the kind/quality of the outcome of the cadent planet's significations.

Moreover,ancient authorities speak about applications from cadent/succeedent planets to the ones in the angles as signifying improvement/strengthening/advancement in the matters signified by the cadent/succeedent planets.

Regards,
Goran
http://7heavenastrology.wordpress.com
http://klasicnaastrologija.wordpress.com

I learned that ruler of the house in the house can realize the affairs of the house. I have Jupiter in Sag in the 6th. It also rules 10 and 2, and I have always been able to earn a living by working in my profession as a nurse. So although cadent it seems strong enough to act.

MC is 27 Aqu, Jupi 3 Sag. So 6 degree orb...and no planets on cusp 10 or in the 10th. In fact, the only aspect Jupi has, is separative with Venus, but the orb is so wide, I don't consider it. It's whole sign really, so they can see each other, but that's it. But, Venus is angular, at least in Alcabitius. So maybe there is something there. I might have to reconsider Venus's role. Hmm..

But that doesn't change the fact, that as far as I know, planet in the house, ruling the house, should be able to act. No matter where it is. Is there sth like that in your own chart?

Yukionna wrote:I learned that ruler of the house in the house can realize the affairs of the house. I have Jupiter in Sag in the 6th. It also rules 10 and 2, and I have always been able to earn a living by working in my profession as a nurse. So although cadent it seems strong enough to act.
The ruler of the 10th is not necessarily the same as a professional significator, the same applies to the ruler of the 2nd. So it may be something entirely different that signifies/is responsible (at least for the greater part) for the mentioned topics.

Regards,
Goran
http://7heavenastrology.wordpress.com
http://klasicnaastrologija.wordpress.com

Hi, I should say that the places of power are whole sign angles and the quadrant MC/IC axis (it is proved by my experience of judging soccer charts). If MC does not fall in the 10th sign, the place of nonagesimal should be favoured.

What exactly happens is that the planet in a weak place benefits at the expense of the planet in a strong place, and conversely, the planet in a strong place is weakened by the planet in a weak place. The effect depends much on who is the pusher - the planet in a strong place or the planet in a weak place.

For example, we have an angular Jupiter which is receiving an application from a cadent Mercury. Mercury here benefits because of the angular Jupiter to whom it has handed over all of its management, power, etc., while Jupiter is weakened by such an application. Now Jupiter is obliged to manage not so much his own things but the stuff that was delegated to him by Mercury. For his own stuff he has too little time left.

In life what is governed by Jupiter in a chart suffers, but what is governed by Mercury starts prospering. In soccer, it translates into the win of the Mercury team and the defeat of the Jupiter team. The effect is more evident if one of them happens to be the dispositor (almuten) of the other.

Whether a reception is a bonus or an affliction depends on the context of the chart. We normally would not like to receive the lord of the 8th.

cor scorpii wrote:
The ruler of the 10th is not necessarily the same as a professional significator, the same applies to the ruler of the 2nd. So it may be something entirely different that signifies/is responsible (at least for the greater part) for the mentioned topics.

Regards,
Goran
True, but ruler of a house in another house does connect the affairs of both houses, which in this case are professional life and work/illness, and money and property. Jupiter is also Almuten of Pars Spiritus and there was always a very strong sense of idealism and spirituality connected with what I did; I felt for a long time that what I did served something higher, beyond personal interests. Now I know off course that that there's egotism in everything, including spirituality and altruism.
As my professional life played such a big role in my life, I can't imagine that Jupiter is indeed considerably weakened by its cadent position. I just don't see it.

Yuki

Janis Valkovskis wrote: The effect depends much on who is the pusher - the planet in a strong place or the planet in a weak place.

For example, we have an angular Jupiter which is receiving an application from a cadent Mercury. Mercury here benefits because of the angular Jupiter to whom it has handed over all of its management, power, etc., while Jupiter is weakened by such an application. Now Jupiter is obliged to manage not so much his own things but the stuff that was delegated to him by Mercury. For his own stuff he has too little time left.
Janis,
I find this a bit confusing. Are you refering to 'pushing power'? In this case Mercury as the applying planet would have to be in its own dignity, and Jupiter would receive, and benefit from whatever strength Mercury has
But that's not what you write. So is it something else entirely?