Success With Credit Union/Bank

Note: This topic was split from this thread:
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=85171

- Paul

Thank you both for your guidance.

I made a chart, even though I have not come to a conclusion what is the best system to use :) - but I find the whole sign houses making most sense, and I haven't studied enough to know if I find best results with tropical, sidereal or heliocentric.

Anyway - the question is about banking reform and I just made a chart this morning.

Would I be able to found and have success with a credit union/bank?
[/img]

I'll explain a bit on the issue.
I've already been working as well as leading an NGO that deals with mortgages, fighting for some justice from the banks and also having a vision and demands about future mortgage system that is more ethical and much cheaper for people.

As I've worked many years with the issue, I've always been thinking that "someone" should go ahead and found a new bank bases on those princips, with the purpose of lending money/mortgages to people to buy their homes and not be slaves for the rest of their lives because of it - so much much lower cost than is being offered today by the greedy banksters. The NGO has indeed had great successes, as there have been some changes, banks offering new kinds of loans as we demanded and some justice being doneby the government because of all this discourse and probably nothing would have happened if not for this NGO.

I've now left the NGO and have been thinking a lot about the banking reform idea and wondering if I should gather some group of people to go ahead with it. But I believe it needs to be a credit union where each person does not own a large share, but rather have thousands of small shares and each person having a vote on the banks/unions issues and elections for the board of directors. If this is to be done, the idea needs to have a LOT of support by the people and they need to trust it.

Just last week after having thought about this for months now, I was contacted by a lawyer in Australia - a person I don't know at all. I spoke tp him and got some information from him. He has a similar idea and wanted to share it with me as he thinks I am the right person to work on this with him and as it seems he believes I am the right person to lead the project in my country as he had read about the NGO and our successes. I thought to myself; is this a clue from the "universe" that I should go ahead with the project :)

The whole idea is very simple, just to offer mortgages at much lower prices than normal banks are doing and having many kinds of flexible loans as well as ethical rules about foreclosures. I would rather want to make a new contract with a person than take away their home. Being flexible when people lose their jobs or get sick - just pay lower monthly payments in those periods rather than just losing everything.
So flexibility and low cost is the red thread.
Ethical lending without greed.
More freedom to people in terms of not being slaves to the banks.

I am very interested in the project, but it would take a lot of time and work and it would need HUGE support to be able to become reality as I said. I don't worry about working a lot and even taking maybe 3 years to make it happen probably without any pay ... but I NEED assurance and faith in the people being with the idea and participating with their accounts and also support/startup money into it.

I have the passion and faith in such a project - it is just not enough for a project to really work and I want to be realistic :)
Last edited by lifestudent on Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

I want to add that I can see all kinds of things in this chart - but I am not confident to understand all the meanings.

F.ex. there are three different red triangles and some people immediately think that is bad - but I don't think it is necessarily bad, it just connects those planets in a way and the issues they deal with (the houses) that can be sometimes difficult to deal with - not necessarily bad though.

I have that kind of red triangle in my natal chart involving Venus, Jupiter and Pluto.

Another thing I can see is the Sun is in the 1st house which is probably good and I can see that the ruler of the 1st house is exalted in Cancer in 8th house (other people's money or debt) and Venus and Pluto in the 2nd house of money.

I can see the MC in 11th house of friends and organisations - and Mars, the ruler of the Moon and Uranus in this chart is placed there, maybe indicating something about such a union/organisation.

Venus and Pluto (money, love and power) are ruled by Saturn, which is placed in the 12th house. The 12th house can mean so many things.

By trying to udnerstand "the others" or the masses of people in the chart it would probably be the 7th house (significant other, but also the others) and the 11th house of organisations and friends I can see that the 7th is ruled by Mercury which is placed with the querent in the 1st house - but Mercury is supposedly in detriment in Sagittarius (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_dignity).

As I say, I can see a lot of things happening in the chart - but would appreciate if you would tell me what you think it all means.

And I also wanted to add a chart from Morinus software as it displays the rulers of terms and decans, showing here that Mercury is actually the ruler of first decan of Sag. - which makes sense to me as I (the querent) and worried about "the others" support which is Mercury and also Venus ruler of the 11th.

Morinus also calculates the Almuten of the chart for you, and for this chart the Almuten is Jupiter
Table for essential and accidental dignities.
[/img]

The contraversy of which house is best is still an ongoing one as not enough data has been presented and the world's astrologers are still divided on this issue as if 'the jury is still out'.

Many, if not most, into Traditionalism use Regiomantanus because Lilly did with his polictical reasons during his time regarding Placidus.

While Anthony Louis like many contemporary astrologers prefer Koch because of finding in WWII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)

I understand via our forums from Olivia, on skyscript that placidus existed among the Ancients wrtings as found somewhere in Olivia's posts of the distant past:

http://tmp.skyscript.co.uk/forums/profi ... ile&u=3020

Years ago I was doing a query for someone asking about their possible incarceration with the 12th cusp at the end of the sign using Regiomantanus. ***It was nerve racking when I compared Koch and Placidus and the differences had me very perplexed.***

I personally think there needs to be a possible website that discusses all the pros and cons of why one system is inferior or superior as I just don't think there is enough conclusive reasoning as of yet about which is the most productive house system.

http://www.astrowisdom.net/articles/in- ... system.htm

http://www.stariq.com/main/articles/p0001054.htm

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Which-ho ... .105323281

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3048

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know

Thank you Clinton for your insights on the issue.

I've thought of this for a while and I have at least come to the conclusion that in greater latitudes this REALLY matters a lot and people born there might be a good research project... but one would need to have at least 100-1000 charts to research.

I found this article some time ago
http://www.astrowisdom.net/articles/in- ... system.htm

But it does not give insights into the research charts - so it is rather "a statement" ... and the conclusion is that Topocentric/Polich page system is the most accurate for greater latitudes.

I've also noticed some people who have studied and practised astrology for decades that finally turned to whole sign system and I can see they use whole signs in vedic astrology which is said to be accurate (and they use sidereal zodiac as well). For myself I have not had enough experience to come to any conclusions. :-?

Might I ask again if someone here would be interested in reading the horary chart in the first post?

This issue seems to be coming more and more relevant as a project to push forward - but am still not sure if I would be able to have the masses (people) with me although I've had a few ideas on how to be able to do that. Have also been contacted by a person in another country that is interested and have thought of some people and an organization that I know very well to ask to participate in the project as well. Have not made a decision though.

What I would do is to take me as Jupiter, I would take the bank idea as ruler of 8th, so the Moon which is placed in 5th house that can mean money gambling/speculation. The masses of people would be 7th house, Mercury which is placed inside my court, 1st house and is trining Uranus, which can also stand for "the masses".

What is your take on the chart if I may ask again?

Hello Lifestudent,

I wanted to suggest trying to keep it simple and take the ASC and its ruler for the Querent and the 10th house and its ruler for the quesited matter (if it can be considered a job/career opportunity) and examine their state and search for a connection between the rulers (that would confirm a positive outcome).
Unfortunately I have never used Whole Sign Houses so I could not decide if it is actually the 10th house cusp and its ruler or the MC and its ruler to be considered for the job.

Iris

I must second the problems that whole sign houses bring to me making an interpretation of your chart.

Its your chart, you chose the way to set it up, please do not feel aggrieved that you are going to have to delineate it.

Thank you both for your comments.
I do also myself wonder whether to use 10th house or MC ruler...
MC ruler is Venus and suggest a good outcome as Venus is placed inside the 2nd house.

Here is the chart again for those who prefer to use Regio house system.

I would however think that banking would be 8th house, as it concerns other people's money?
[/img]