Timing a job application?

I would like to ask you to help me understand methods of electional astrology in terms of timing an application I am about to send in for a job next week.

Is someone willing to help?

I am wondering if it would be best to wait until the Moon comes to it's domicile to send the application (so on 18th, 19th or 20th of Dec.)

Would it be good to place the ASC in a certain sign for better chances?

Would it be best to place the Moon and then together with Jupiter (which is exalted in Cancer now) into the 10th house for better prospects? Or into the 1st house?

If I place the chart so that the ASC is ON the Moon in Cancer, then the DSC would be on Pluto. I could also place the ASC right ON/conj. Jupiter, having an exalted planet on the ASC?
With Cancer on the ASC I would get Uranus in Aries in 10th house (whole sign houses) and Sun with Mercury in 6th house.

Would appreciate very much any help I can get with this project to make my chances of getting the job as good as possible with the help of electional astrology :)

lifestudent

It is probably not possible to explain the approach of electional astrology in one post here, nor is it likely to be appropriate. So all I would say is if you do not have a book detailing electional astrology, now might be the impetus needed to do so.

As a rule though you want to try to tick as many of these off as you can:
Keep the malefics out of the angles and not affecting the main significators
Keep the Moon particularly clear from afflictions
A waxing moon is your best bet, even better if past the first square
Fortify the 10th as best you can

But more importantly look to your own nativity, draw out what is there in the natal chart and connect the election to it so that the significance of that moment of the election isn't lost on your natal chart.

Ultimately I kind of think that if you're not meant to get a job you probably won't, no matter how much energy you pour into finding the ideal time to elect. There really are no perfect elections. Keep in mind most people who are successful at getting jobs are not 'forcing' the matter by electing their applications, their interviews etc. Sometimes it can be better to un-attach rather than try to force it too much and things develop more naturally. Of course I appreciate that the severity of how much you need a job can colour things significantly.

Thank you very much for your answer Paul

You said:
Ultimately I kind of think that if you're not meant to get a job you probably won't, no matter how much energy you pour into finding the ideal time to elect. There really are no perfect elections. Keep in mind most people who are successful at getting jobs are not 'forcing' the matter by electing their applications, their interviews etc. Sometimes it can be better to un-attach rather than try to force it too much and things develop more naturally. Of course I appreciate that the severity of how much you need a job can colour things significantly.
Well, I thought I might try out this method for the first time as I've not used electional astrology before. Never used it before and am one of those
people that am never "forcing matters" with this kind of method. I've never worried about not getting a job and have usually been able to get jobs that I go after. But this time I guess you last sentence is of relevance since I've now been out of a job for a long while, so I need some good luck now :)

As a rule though you want to try to tick as many of these off as you can:
Keep the malefics out of the angles and not affecting the main significators
Keep the Moon particularly clear from afflictions
A waxing moon is your best bet, even better if past the first square
Fortify the 10th as best you can

Thanks, that is indeed useful.
I can see that the time I am thinking about next week, the moon is actually full on the 17th - so it will be waning when it comes into Cancer, it's domicile... so which one is better?
A waxing moon on 16th and becoming full on 17th - positioned in Gemini ...or still ok on 18th -20th when it has just been full but is waning? and in it's domicile?

Otherwise I might wait until the second week in January to get a waxing moon up until the 15th January when we have full moon again.

I think this particular job has deadline for applications in the middle of January.
But more importantly look to your own nativity, draw out what is there in the natal chart and connect the election to it so that the significance of that moment of the election isn't lost on your natal chart.

I'm not sure how to do this... and also am not sure what is my ASC sign :)

May I ask a few questions again? Hopefully you can help :)

Am thinking if it is ok to send an application on the day of a full moon?
Or around full moon?

Is it ok if the Moon is placed in the 7th house of the other? ... or placed in the 10th house of career? Or in the 1st house? ... Those would be good positions for the Moon, right?

Is it ok to place the ASC on the time of application within a sign ruled by Saturn or Mars? I know they are thought of as malefics... but they are also good in terms of management and leader abilities.

Is it ok that the moon would be in opposition with the planet ruler of 7th house?

I'm looking into the possibilities around 16th-20th of Dec.