I didn't listen to the interview. I will later on, but I did read the comments. I seriously doubt Deb claimed any "special powers" as the comments indicated. It's a just a straw man argument.

I also had to laugh at the comments that praised the interviewer for not screaming at Deb. They seem genuinely surprised that a skeptic can act like an adult. So am I.

Thanks James, I heard all of the interview (49 minutes and 6 seconds). I like the last quarter of the interview when she (not her exact words just reproducing what I understood) says that if we are not pushing (Horary Astrologers) others to believe or practice and and if we do not claim to be part of main stream Science than what skeptics are really bothered about.

I would have liked her to further explain the Observer and Observed effect of Horary Astrology and citing book of Geoffrey Cornelius for further study of the divination and magical side of horary astrology (let them do the work too)

I had some wishes in life... like (to mention few)

-What is the real date of birth of the girl i liked 23 years ago?
-What is the real name of certain character in a TV serial 'War of the Worlds'?
-To hear Deborah Houlding
-To visit Lake Titicaca (Bolivia)

etc etc etc etc etc....

(first three have been fulfilled this year )

One of her client had told me that Deb has a (I forgot) Yorkshire? or some Shire accent. Ok I heard her. She looks like a person who means business.

Now, my personal views on astrology and skepticism.

People always have questioned somethings. Its human nature to chat, to gossip, to believe and at the same time not believing the other side of the coin. We have a limited time. I wonder where those skeptics are in my real life interaction with general public. Oh, I demand fee for the session...any session

:lol:

On a serious note, we can spend life in convincing skeptics and when we are done with it, another fresh breed from college props out and asks the same questions again and the same answers are given again. So, we (astrologers) have 2 options. Either we pursue few other hobbies too, give more attention to some of the things which deserve our attention apart from daily practice as an astrologer Or make a sincere effort in convincing everybody and wasting a lot of our quality time. I prefer the first option.

Pawn to d4...Knight to f6
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

James,

I would love to watch the recommended movie, but unfortunately 'You Tube' and Google Videos have been banned in my country. It is also not available in market. In the meantime any one understanding Urdu/Hindi can watch 'B.A.Pass'.

--------------------

Larxene,

I see that you prefer the Alekhine defense, while I prefer Nimzo-Indian setup against d4. :sg
Regards

Morpheus

James,

I will try the safer route of Amazon, but would you consider it to be worthwhile when we add the shipping cost :???:. In our country, videos are available much below the price of One USD.

Skyscript has a thing for 'Piracy', otherwise I could still recommend many websites, where movies are available for free (the movie you recommended is still not available). In a country where 'Pirated Books and versions ' are easily available, my friends and acquaintances make fun of me when I buy 'Original Editions'.
Regards

Morpheus

a cheaper route would be to find some place close to home.. amazon is expensive on the shipping charges and makes it un worthwhile for me to bother most of the time as well.

Actually shipping cost is the real bother. I ordered many astrological books from America and UK. The shipping cost has always been a major factor. When we translate the total price (Cost of Book+Shipping Cost) in to my Country's currency, it seems as if I have spent a fortune. I still buy original editions (most of the time), however, it seems stupid when I see that the book I bought costs ten times the pirated editions. I wonder how much foreign authors get in terms of royalties?

I can tell you of a website where brand new books are available in e-book format. Piracy is an international issue, but IMO, it happens when the price people have to pay for is astronomically high as compared to local products of the same category. The Countries where 'Piracy' is rampant constitute half of the 'Worlds Population'. But I wold add that the countries which are misusing the 'Patents', when produce something original on their own, they give it to the world ten times lower than product of same nature produced in other countries (it also includes quality astrological services).

Something is seriously wrong with this world. :???:
Regards

Morpheus