james_m wrote:http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Mandela,_Nelson

Frances McEvoy reported that her son and daughter-in-law spent a summer in South Africa with the Kennedy Foundation as lawyers. During an afternoon in the entourage of Mandela, they asked his birth time and were told "afternoon." Noel Tyl wrote in May/1994 that he rectified the afternoon time with extremely taxing detail to 2:54 PM, then shared his documentation with Rod Suskin, a well-known South African astrologer who responded with "a veritable catalogue of reinforcement for the time."

South African astrologer Anita Noyes-Smith has a friend in Mandela's office who checked for a time and found that there is no known time of birth. Umtata is a rural area and blacks had no birth certificates. Often, they did not even know the date as it was not valued as important. Himself said 2:45 (Cedra database).

(Formerly, Noel Tyl had speculated 8:45 AM, given in AFANews 1/1994. Daniela Schmuckli had a spec time of 12:45 PM in Astrolog 6/1996. Anita Noyes-Smith speculated 2:12 AM.)

Starkman rectified it to 14.51.32 EET
Yes. Even a dead clock is right twice per day, maybe just lucky.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

BTW, using ZR for rectification which I often do, usually only results in confirming whether you have the right 2 hour block of the day. This is because the same timing goes whether the lot of spirit or fortune is a zero degrees of the sign or 30. If one does both fortune and spirit releasing, sometimes one can narrow that interval down to within a few minutes.
Curtis Manwaring

AstroNovice wrote:by the way, when you refer to reaching a 10th from fortune period, what exactly do you mean? On aphesis when I look at the time periods for releasing from fortune the time spans are so massive, I don't think anybody could live long enough to experience a releasing from 10th house of POF. Are you referring to the subperiods? Or have I misunderstood the concept completely?
It's true that often one does not reach the 10th from fortune major period in their lifetime (this is part of the sequencing issue I spoke of earlier) but this can happen in sub periods as well and particularly if in the nativity the ruler of spirit or the lot of exaltation should happen to be in the 10th from fortune, then when that sub period is reached then it is a peak and is made more brilliant when benefics happen to be present or testifying or the ruler happens to be in its own places. I explained this more completely in the commentary on Obama's chart:

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/x-file ... n2012.html
Curtis Manwaring

BTW, Bruce Lee's chart should be considered diurnal even though the Sun falls slightly below the ascendant. This is because atmospheric refraction can deflect the rays of the Sun around the horizon by up to a degree and 1/2. When considering eminence then, looking at the trigon lords we see that Sun, Jupiter are the primary lords with Saturn assisting both. The ascension for Sagittarius at that latitude is about 35 years.

Lee was in a peak period (10th from fortune in spirit releasing) when he died, but spirit was going to fully loose the bond to darkness in Aquarius 5 days later (Cancer had already done so to Capricorn as shown below).

Looking at fortune releasing we see an almugea (medieval form of "proper face") where the planets share the same relationship as they have to their domiciles. The Sun is in an 8th house relationship to Saturn and Saturn had the general times for fortune (physical body and health). Since Mars was in aversion, the Sun has primary authority over the Aries period according to Antiochus's doctrine of participation (although Mars is like engirding and also in an 8th relationship to the time of death):
Curtis Manwaring

Striking that his ascent began as Saturn began to risefrom the IC in pisces out of the obscure zone(1,2,3 houses),close to the Nonagesimal to be more precise( 2? Pisces)as Grant Lewi taught on his phases of Saturn. This method never seems to fail me.
Spock told me the Ng gives him better results than the MC

He was a philosopher first, martial artist second.
Objectively he was a movie star first. Lee was not a professional fighter. He was an actor that used his martial arts ability to great effect in motion pictures, made in Hong Kong and mostly shown in Hong Kong Theaters. He was far more famous there at the time of his death than he was in the USA. I was in my mid 20s when he died, and I had never heard of him. When his death made the news I thought they were referring to David Carradine who was popular for his then contemporary TV show Kung Fu, an idea dreamed up by Lee. It could be argued that Lee was on the cusp of great fame when he died, and I think that would be accurate.

Given his skill level, had he wanted to be a professional fighter there is no doubt he could have been a good one - maybe the best. I've never seen an athlete of any kind with faster hands, and I don't know how to defend against blinding speed. But he was primarily a movie star whose fame in the US came mostly after his death. Mercury fits him to a "T."

Hello Tom,

Re: "...was primarily a movie star..."

In terms of renown, yes...but in larger terms I think not so much. Yes, he made "Kung Fu" movies (breaking all box-office records for such movies in the countries in which they aired), but he spent nearly ALL of his time training! It was so much so that when he was sitting, he would do arm exercises while sitting (not wanting to waste potential training time). I think on some level, he wanted to be the most powerful/explosive man on Earth. His early demonstrations are legendary, including especially his two-inch punch, which would send even very large men reeling.

It's too bad that Bruce Lee got passed over for the Kung Fu role. He was ideally better suited for it... ie. a real martial artist, who really knew Kung Fu and was actually Chinese. Instead of "the real deal", we get basically a dancer.

Of course, Bruce Lee is known as a movie star, but also one of the very greatest martial artists of all time. David Carradine is known as the guy who strangled himself with a cord around his private parts in a city that couldn't have been more comically named, relative to his demise.

James

Marius Cojoc wrote:I know that most of you will not be in an agreement with me but the IC, according to Serapio and others, is the main significator for death.
Funny you say this because I've noticed that the 4th seems to figure prominently in death. Logically it is the final resting place.

In regard to the large graphics, I prefer thumbnails that open in a separate tab in the browser when width exceeds 800px (this is how I do it on my site), but the bb code doesn't seem to allow this. I'll try and break it up next time.
Curtis Manwaring

My purpose was not to compare Bruce
Lee with David Carradine. I only mentioned Carradine to point out that at the time of Lee's death, Carradine was better known in the US. And of course Lee was a fine martilal artist, but he was not a professional fighter. That is a big difference and I would expect that to be shown in the chart.