And Evangeline Adams, who was the first well known American astrologer predicted the day the USA would enter WWII and the day the stock market would fall off the Gemini rising horoscope.
Not quite. She predicted that the US would be involved in a great war beginning in 1942. WWII, for the US, began in December 1941 and ended in Europe in May 1945, but lingered in the Pacific theater until August of 1945. Still as astrological predictions go, this is really good considering it was made in 1927. Adams died in 1932, so it cannot be said this prediction was made after the fact.

However she based the prediction on cycles of Uranus, not on the USA chart. She noted Uranus was in Gemini during the American Revolution and Civil War and that it would enter Gemini in 1942 (June '42 to be exact).

In the year 1942, Uranus once again enters the sign Gemini and unfortunately Saturn and Jupiter will also be in conjunction with it. IT remains for the future to determine just what this combination of planetary forces portends. In 1943 and 1944 Mars will also be in this sign. This unusual configuration certainly portends another period when the country will be plunged into war. (p 180-181, The Bowl of Heaven)
In my opinion this is shaky reasoning, but results count more than form.

I've mentioned several times in this Forum probably in several places that Jean Hieroz of France accurately predicted the beginning of WWII in Europe (September 1939) in advance of the invasion of Poland. He used the Aries Ingress - not a national chart. His reasoning is a lot better than Adams'.

Interestingly, neither one of these astrologers used a national chart. Using national charts in mundane astrology did not become popular until the early 1950s. They were used before that of course, but the Ingress charts were the preferred method.

I've not noticed your reference to this before Tom, but recently I have been thinking about how much emphasis was given to ingress charts historically, compared to the relatively little attention they get nowadays. Did Hieroz use the ingress chart set for France? Would love to know more about this (perhaps there is a link to an older discussion?).
Thanks for giving the reference to Adams' prediction too.

Hieroz used Paris and the Ingress chart for 1939. He used Morin's methods. I will do my best to synthesize it later today, as it is quite lengthy,

Two things for now. The Adams quote is taken from Bowl of Heaven as it was quoted in Karen Cristino's What Evangeline Adams Knew. The Hieroz story comes from an appendix in Holden's translation of Morin's Book 25.

I have to go to the dentist now - one of my favorite things to do.

happy trails to the dentists office tom!

in the link i provided in a recent thread titled 'mundane astrology panel discussion' Meira B. Epstein makes a comment discussing the uranus movement into gemini and the possibility of another war sometime into 2020's area. uranus moves into gemini again july 7th 2025.

When Neptune conjuncted the ascendant ww2 (7 dec 1941)happened.

When uranus + jupiter hit it 1969 they landed on the moon.

When pluto hits it watergate happens AND the pentagon papers come out.

Jim

bjorkstrand wrote:
I use 0 libra rising.
Hello bjorkstrand,

The American astrologer Frank Piechoski has been promoting a Libra rising chart for the USA for some time:

http://www.astrology.co.uk/news/USA.htm

From the above link:
Libra Rising Theory: Around Midday
The impressive ongoing research by Philadelphian astrologer, Frank Piechoski helps to answer these questions:
"Robert - I examined Charles Thomson's hand-written notes for the 2nd Continental Congress on microfiche at the Philadelphia branch of the National Archives. His notes show that the adoption of the DoI took place fairly early in the order of business that day, with much business taking place after the adoption of the DoI." ... "If I recall correctly, the adoption of the DoI took place about a third of the way through the text for that day, 4 July 1776." Source: An open forum. 23 Jan.2013
[Note: Charles Thomson was Secretary of the Continental Congress at the time and the individual most likely to record proceedings.]
If 1/3 of the text equates to 1/3 of the day, the proposition of a Libra Rising chart (11:08-13:37) arises. Frank favours around noon, which is supported by:
1. Noon is a classic launch time with the Sun at the MC. It favours the possibility of a symbolic chart by elected at the last minute by the more masonic oriented delegates.
2. An average time of Sibly's calculation for the position of the Sun, Moon and Venus position (Mercury was days out) comes to 5 pm London time with coincides with noon in Philadelphia.
Its not widely known but some late 19th century/early twentieth century American astrologers were actually using a Libra rising chart for the USA ( based on July 4th). This appears to be before the Gemini and Sagittarius rising charts became more popular.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly