It's as easy to give the name of the author - Rodolfo Veronese, and it would be good if you gave some kind of information when recommending links, advising why they are worth our attention - especially when they go to articles in other languages.

If a post is only recommending a link rather than raising a debate it should be placed in the news and notices section. I'll leave this one this here so you see this and understand for future reference.

I'm sure many will be interested if you are able to translate a little - not sure if you need the author's permission for that, so might be worth checking, just in case.
Cheers
Deb

Hi Deb
I post here because it is only na article not a book.
But feel free to move it to the book section.
Basically the author says: the claim that WSH relate to topics and quadrant systems assess planetary strenght doesnt hold any water.Valens clearly says in book 5 about someone with Gemini rising and MC aquarius that MC in 9th house has to do double duty,by being place of action,kids and social position,and foreign travel,as it lies in 9th place
Hence,the MC isnt meant only to assess strenght.
Secondly he provides the example of a client witrh Sun in 4th place and in 3rd house by quadrant who during a transit to the Sun, made a short trip to visit relatives(3rd house).In that trip he found the place where he later had his house built(4th place)
So if you used only one house system the interpretation would be partially true only

I've never accepted the argument that whole signs offer the meanings and quadrant divisions determine strength; it's too obvious that the notion of strength is intrinsic to the meanings, so it would be illogical to separate them out this way. I believe Steven Birchfield made this argument about Valens' approach some years ago, and it's clear that Masha'allah did this too, from several chart examples published in Kennedy and Pingree's Astrological History of Masha'allah. In fact, I've noticed many historical astrologers doing this right up to the 17th century. It's not an approach I favour myself, but I don't think anyone can deny that there is plenty of historical evidence for it.

Secondly he provides the example of a client witrh Sun in 4th place and in 3rd house by quadrant who during a transit to the Sun, made a short trip to visit relatives(3rd house).In that trip he found the place where he later had his house built(4th place)
So if you used only one house system the interpretation would be partially true only
The same may be said about argument being built/based solely on a (single example) of a transit to a certain point.

Regards,
Goran
http://7heavenastrology.wordpress.com
http://klasicnaastrologija.wordpress.com

so...the verdict is that the WSH and quadrant share house meanings? I mean, I myself have gotten excellent results from WSH, but certain things about my chart make a lot more sense when seen from using the quadrant system. For me anyways, I think the "dominant" house/topic ruler should always be the WSH ruler, with the quadrant house ruler only playing a supporting role. Thats just my uneducated guess though.

Re: "Problem of House Systems Solved"

Yes, it's called Topocentric.

In well-timed horoscopes, there will be appropriate aspects to planets and relevant House Cusps at nearly all events.

Since these aspects always perfect within just scant minutes of arc, they quite tightly fix the position of those cusps...

Some examples from my (Natal and Epoch) chart:

Mars square 3rd (0? 6' orb) - Birth of Brother

Node sesquisquare 8th (0? 3' orb) - Death of Grandfather

Neptune sextile 8th (0? 1' orb) - Death of Mother

Mars sextile 5th (0? 1' orb) - Birth of Son

Moon trine 8th (0? 6' orb) - Death of Grandmother

Moon sesquisquare 5th (0? 1' orb) - Birth of Son

9th inconjunct Jupiter (0? 4' orb) - Move Overseas

8th square Mercury (0? 0' orb) - Death of Step-father

Venus inconjunct 9th (0? 4' orb) - Trip to Foreign Country

Moon inconjunct 8th (0? 5' orb) - Death of Ex-wife

Whenever a planet moves to aspect my 8th Cusp or the 8th Cusp moves to aspect a planet, someone close to me dies. This has happened 5 times already in my life, with a combined orb of 0? 15' arc, or an average orb of only 0? 3' arc per aspect. Anyone with a moderate knowledge of probability and statistics will see how high the odds are against this happening coincidentally. When the 5th House Cusp is the active one, children have been born to me. When the 9th House Cusp has been the active one, I have gone to foreign countries. When the 3rd House Cusp has been the active one, my Brothers were born.

In Primary Directions (with the correct birthtime), there will be these types of alignments, but only using Topocentric House Cusps.

Hence, I regard Topocentric as the one true, precise house system.

Done correctly, your mileage will not vary... :D

Peace

James

I found this interesting critique of Topo system in the articles section
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/wackford.html

Regarding latitude.
Nobody lives in the north pole and charts reflect that.
And people who live in high latitudes normally have to move south to achieve fame(think Abba)
Furthermore the societal system is based on Jante law,people who stand out are rejected. This is all in line with an horizontal MC.
The way of life there isnt exactly like in the mid latitudes
my two cents

Hello dragonqueen,

Re: "I suppose at any time there will be a planet aspecting the 8th cusp,even when nobody dies dont you think?"

That's just my point, really...when planets have moved to contact the 8th or the 8th has moved to contact planets (by Primary Direction), someone close to me has died. [These aspects happen relatively rarely---additionally, don't lose sight of the very, very tight orbs...with that specificity, these aspects are relatively rare, timewise... ie. it defines a relatively narrow tract of time]

The relevant house cusps are the ones activated... When my Brothers were born, the 3rd House was activated NOT the 8th. When people close to me have died, the 8th House was activated NOT the 3rd. The one time in my life when I moved overseas, the 9th House was activated, NOT the 8th or the 3rd. This is the key...correct House Cusps at events, with aspects (conj/opp) less than 0? 11' of arc and (all other aspects) less than 0? 6' of arc. [As well, these House Cusps are confirmed by Secondary Progressions at events!]

My case files are full with examples such as these. Many clients are with 30 or more dated-events in the life, all with the correct sequencing of Primary Directions and activation of Topocentric House Cusps at events to very few minutes of arc.

10 years ago, I had two major questions, "which house system?" and "how to rectify?" Little did I know that both questions would dovetail and answer each other.

How many dated-events do you have in your life? How specifically do you know your birthtime? Have you examined the sequence of Primary Directions relative to your events in your life? Want to? ;)

Have fun!

James