Leverkusen v Manchester

Time I read the instructions of solar fire:

The way in which the Part of Fortune, as displayed in charts, is calculated may be selected by the user. The options are as follows.

Different Day/Night - According to researchers of ancient astrological texts, the correct method of calculating the Part of Fortune is to use Asc+Moon-Sun for daytime charts, and Asc+Sun-Moon for nighttime charts.

Fixed Formula ? (Daytime Only) Many astrological programs in the past (including earlier versions of Solar Fire) have used a calculation for the Part of Fortune which is based on a single formula for both day and night charts i.e. Asc+Moon-Sun. Although this is now thought to be incorrect, many astrologers have become accustomed to using it in this way, so this option is included for their convenience.

Any charts subsequently opened or calculated will use the newly selected calculation type.

I guess we are going to find out which we should be using?

Hello Firefly,

I am also a beginner in sports astrology, but as far as I know, we always use the day formula. For me the POF is also 26 Taurus. Maybe I am wrong but I think that the chart is going to point to a Man Utd win regarding colours. But I also have to admit that the Moon is Voc, which means fav wins or draw. But who is fav here?

Re: Leverkusen v Manchester

firefly wrote:Hi Alecs

I too am new to this forum and was wondering how you got the PoF at 26 Taurus. I use solar fire and that puts the PoF at 10 degrees 29 minutes Libra and that unfortunately put it exactly opposite the MC which means Manchester will win.

The IC is 11 degrees 0 minutes Libra.

Is there a day or night PoF perhaps? Does anybody know? Help?
Hi Firefly,
I use Janus 4.3 but I have also the Solar Fire 8.1 and you are right SF gives the POF as you say.Can anyone say which software is the correct one?
Thanks
Alecks

gs53 wrote:Programs are fine, but you must pick up in Option settings what you want, day formula or night formula for POF.
I respect your knowledge and experience in Sport astrology but according to Frawley I should not change the POF to day chart--page 84.
Frankly speaking I have met so many contradiction for the same prediction
that makes me suspicious what to follow.In any case exceptions are many for every rule.Practise,practice.........
Many thanks
------------------
Alecks

Leverkusen v Manchester

The favourite is Leverkusen (11/8,9/4,2/1) which means he is asc but the colours would tend to suit Manchester for asc (red+black). A bit confusing really so I left Manchester as desc giving POF to him which is how I got him winning, POF cnj IC The dsc was AQ which is saturn and Leverkusen was in all black?

Anyway, Manchester won, which is what I thought in the first place. In fact this is the opposite of VOC Moon and all the teams who were playing tonight without exception (there were 9 in UEFA Champions League) - all the favourites won without exception, there were no draws. If I had put on an ?10 on each I would have won about ?50 with a total stake of ?90 because they don't pay very well with those odds.

May be next time...

J. Frawley, The Horary Textbook, p. 120:

"The formula for Frotuna is Asc + Moon - Sun. It is common practice to reverse this formula in night charts (Asc + Sun - Moon). I strongly advise against this: use the standard formula by day and by night. Most software allows you to chose whether to reverse by night or not."

In his opinion Frawley follows Lilly (with the exception that computer software was unknown to Lilly of course 8) ).

"The Horary Textbook" was published 2005, and "Sports Astrology" 2007, so I would stick to "Sports Astrology" (page 84), especially because Frawley on FB post this:
"I?m delighted to announce the imminent publication of an extensively revised and expanded second edition of The Horary Textbook. I?ve learned a lot in the years since I wrote that book. There are passages there that my students have shown me need clarification. There are topics omitted that could usefully be included, or of which the treatment should be longer. There are passages where what I wrote is wrong and demands correction."
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com/
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Leverkusen v Manchester

The best thing is to use what works for you - this is the magic of astrology. What you as an astrologer are asking - the daemon always get's it right. Even if you get it wrong by drawing up a chart for the wrong time.

"The Moment of Astrology - origins of Divination" - by Geoffrey Cornelius is a superb book and explains it all.

Re: Leverkusen v Manchester

firefly wrote:The best thing is to use what works for you - this is the magic of astrology. What you as an astrologer are asking - the daemon always get's it right. Even if you get it wrong by drawing up a chart for the wrong time.

"The Moment of Astrology - origins of Divination" - by Geoffrey Cornelius is a superb book and explains it all.
Why then the detour astrology at all?

Take your daemon's guidance and all will be good for you . . . :lala

gs53 wrote:"The Horary Textbook" was published 2005, and "Sports Astrology" 2007, so I would stick to "Sports Astrology" (page 84), especially because Frawley on FB post this:
"I?m delighted to announce the imminent publication of an extensively revised and expanded second edition of The Horary Textbook. I?ve learned a lot in the years since I wrote that book. There are passages there that my students have shown me need clarification. There are topics omitted that could usefully be included, or of which the treatment should be longer. There are passages where what I wrote is wrong and demands correction."
In my opinion the quotatation I gave was good enough to support your opinion, Goca.

I really had thought (and still hope) that the half-live period of Frawley's teachings would be a little more than just the two years (fom 2005 to 2007). :D

But seriously: where can I find his text you quote above, and what is "on FB", please? And is the second ecition out already?

Greetings,
Johannes