Missing Person - Where is Jack?

Missing Person - Where is Jack?

This is an ongoing case and Skyscript members might find it interesting either to contribute or follow along with developments. A person, characterized as a social client fond of his drink and beer, born Pisces, age 59, has gone missing. I have given him a fictive name - let's call him Jack. His credit card was last used on November 1., soon a fortnight ago. He used to be observed by locals as he wandered past their house and liked to travel 30 km into town to buy and stack up on his supply of beer. He could on occassions walk this distance (!!), but often he is to have travel by bus half way about 15km to a place called Sannidal and then taken a short cut through the wilderness down to Krager?. The chart is cast for Nov 13. 2013, Asker, time 15.19 CET.
The interesting details of the chart are the basically stationary Mercury in the degree of the fall of the Moon on the cusp of the 7th house of the missing person. (Because the querent has asked about a second part). The Moon is intercepted in Aries in the 12th house with Uranus. The option may have been to take the ascendant for the missing person, but theh his significator could be Venus in own triplicity and angular. Stationary Mercury in the fall of the Moon on the cusp of the 7th is more typically his significator.

Map 1:
This first map give an overall picture of the area he frequents in. Jack lives in sector 1. called 'Kroken', or 'the courner or hook' - in English. Often he will take the bus to sector 2. called 'Sannidal'. The bus stops here. Then he will take the short cut and walk across the hillside to Krager?. The police say they have checked all the ditches along side the road between Kroken and Sannidal, sector 1 and sector 2.

Map 2:
This map gives a close up of the area where he lives, described as sector 1 on the previous map. There is a Chapel just across the road and north of the house Jack lives in. He lives in the oblong 2nd building that goes at an angle and lies lower in the circle just beneith another house. He likes to walk down his road and across the main road to a shop (large building on the map) that lies just next to Br?dsj? station, which is an old closed and deserted train station. I find this rather interesting, because I am sure that Jack is described by the slow/stationary Mercury, but this could also be the deserted train station. 'Br?dsj?' translates into 'Breadsea' by the way, which is interesting in terms of Mercury being opposite the exaltation degree of the Moon, or in the degree of her fall - as it were.

Map 3:
But the other option is that Jack has taken the bus into Sannidal, which is the end of the line as far as the bus is concerned (Mercury stationary) and walked across the open area of hills and wood in drection of Krager?. Notice that the Moon is 3AR41 in the horary chart and halfway to Venus conjunct Pluto in Capricorn in the South of the chart. This would represent his travel Southwards to the town of Krager? to pick up on his merry and 'poison'. The consultation with the querent begins with me putting the missing person in the middle of his walk. But then Sannidal is midway Kroken and Krager?.

The Moon in the beginning of Aries may put in at the foot of a hill, or early in his wander across the wilderness. If he has started wandering from Sannidal this puts him on the Eastern side of the Penninsula or the hills of that area and before he comes to the significations of Uranus, which is an interuption in the landscape, maybe an antenna or a power station. Because the Moon is intercepted and cadent, he is hidden, covered or inside something and difficult to see and find. Notice how Mercury is stationary in the degree of the fall of the Moon, so he is stuck and unfortunate.

This is the information we can refer to at the current stage.
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Andrew, it might be worth clarifying if the chart you show is set for the time you asked your own horary question about this; or if it is based on a question put to you by someone who knows the missing man, or if it is set for the time that he is known to have gone missing.

Thank you, Deb. I am not the querent and in no way related to the question. The chart is cast for the momented the querent contacts me and poses the question. I do not know the querent. After an initial review of the chart I got back to the querent today for further descriptions of the location and surroundings of the missing person and where he customly frequents. The initial conversation gave no clue to what part of the country we were talking about. The Moon in Aries in the 12th is very 'out in the sticks', so I understood we were out in the districts. Here there is a lot of wilderness. The station of Mercury I believe indicates where things get stuck, have stopped or got laid down. The combined meanings of Aries and Scorpio might indicate some sort of change, exchange or 'turn-over', although I am trying to figure out what this could be. Mercury is in reception with Mars, who is with Fortuna - this might also be a clue or specific location that puts an (x) on the map.

The quesitive last used his credit card on November 1. I don't know what the occasion was. I assume this fact has been disclosed as a result of police investigation. I do not know when he actually went missing or was reported missing. I do not know whether he is single or lives with someone, but the story may suggest he lives alone. 'Jack' is a person without particular stature, but not a tramp. The police fear that he has deceased. A larger search may be organized.

Do we know the relationship of the quesited to the querent? We are taking a generic 7th house on the basis that there is no connection between querent and quesited other than concern by one person for another, but that is not necessarily so.

There is no relation. They are locals that know of one another over many years. Like someone who walks past you house frequently and who you look out for. The querent, who is female, and another woman have this kind of neighbourly relationship to the quesitive. Whether they are the people who reported Jack missing, I am not quite sure - but they have been out and about looking for him because they knew the areas in which he frequented and they felt that something had happened to him and that he should be found. As the map shows, the area is not densely populated. There are not a lot of buildings. Everyone knows everyone. Jack's current and official state with the police and officials is as a missing person.

A little bit more about the maps. In map 1. 'Krager?' is along the South coast of Norway between Oslo and Kristiansand. It is a very popular area during the summer, for summer huts, boats, cabins and vacations. Map 2. which describes where 'Jack' lives shows a hill on the East side of Jack's house that is called 'Fjellmyr' and which means 'Mountain Marsh'. He appears to live in a kind of valley or passage, because you can see how the terrain climbs up again on the opposite side of the river and railway lines. These formations are quite typical in Norway due the the melting av glacier ice after the last ice age. 'Tungebakkdammen' translates into 'Heavy Hill Dam or Pond', although it could also be 'Tongue Hill Pond'. In map 3 notice the powerlines close to the road number 252. This could be Uranus - but if he has taken the short cut across the wilderness, Jack (the Moon) hasn't reached Uranus yet...

A close up of the peninsula on map 3 also shows high voltage powerlines extending halfway down the road that cuts across (vertical and as a line straight down) the beginning of his short cut across the the wilderness. This road is called 'Lyngdalsveien' (the name of the road does not appear on the provided scaling), which translates into 'Fern Valley Road'. There is probably a lot of fern bushes in the area, which would go with the signification of Aries. I will try to explain and clarify if any one finds it interesting, or has any comments or remarks.

Police will be searching for 'Jack' with dogs today. I have suggested East of the powerlines, maybe the end of the high voltage line in Lyngdalsveien (Mercury stationary in Scorpio, Moon applying to the body of Uranus). Early or at the beginning of his march, or at the beginning of a hill or at the foot of a climb or height - to go with the Moon in Aries.

Hi Andrew, I know you are using the 7th, but it might be also worthwhile considering the 1st as well. Normally we might consider the first in situations where we are not antagonistic to the missing person, and they have no special relationship to us. Being high in the chart may describe his location.

Perhaps you could describe the man to us so we can see whether the 7th or 1st better suits his description?

Hello Paul,
Yes, I do agree and would have normally started working with a chart concerning the whereabouts of an absent or missing person by examining the ascendant, but as I explained previously Venus is both angular and essentially dignified. Mercury, however, is in a poor state and in the 7th, which I believe becomes a more correct significator of the quesitive. For the direction or whereabouts of the missing person, who is a wanderer and lives in the middle of 'nowhere', I have taken the Moon as the primary significator, as she is co-significator for any question and particulary in regard to the whereabouts of missing people or fugatives. I am suggesting that Venus in Capricorn in the MC is his travel to the delightful town of Krager? that lies toward the south.

The missing person is born March 18. 1954. He is termed a wanderer, an alcoholic by habit - or person with strong tendencies in that direction, no social stature, a person who hangs about - a bit of a 'bum' in common terms, but doing no harm. He is most likely unemployed and a social client. He appears to be someone who 'messes around'. Thank you for asking, but I know nothing about his appearance. I can enquire next time the opportunity occurs.

Yes, I note that Krager? lies both South and East of his house in Kroken. This travel or journey agrees with the location of the Moon by sign and house.

Paul wrote:Hi Andrew, I know you are using the 7th, but it might be also worthwhile considering the 1st as well. Normally we might consider the first in situations where we are not antagonistic to the missing person, and they have no special relationship to us. Being high in the chart may describe his location.
I agree with this opinion with respect to a person without relationship to the querent. This is well grounded on tradition. See Lilly, CA, p. 151:

"Whether one absent be dead or alive.

If a Question be demanded of one absent in a generall way,
and the querent hath no relation to the party; then the first
House, the Lord of that House and the MO shall signifie the ab-
sent party;
[...]"

It would be interesting to see, when authorities began to allot questions of such a kind to the 7th houses or whether this an elder doctrine.

On the other hand in my opinion there is a relation between the asking woman or women and the quesited, becauss they are of a "neighbourly relation". Given my understanding of Andrews text is correct, then we would find the Moon signifying the third house and must not take a detour to take the Moon not only as a general significator of missing persons, but to get it as the mainsignificator of the quesited.

I would agree about the choice of the 7th house for Jack. But given that the almuten of the 7th house cusp is most definitely Mars, which has rulership, triplicity and term in the 3rd degree of Scorpio, and that the Moon is disposed by Mars, I think we should pay a little more attention to what Mars has to tell us here.

The Moon is in the 12th house and Mars is in the turned 12th from the 7th. The 12th house rules places which are hidden from the community, so the community who are hunting him will have difficulty finding him.

Mars is also cadent, so he is a long way from home.

Mars has recently been sextile Saturn, who is peregrine in the 7th. Who might that be? Has he been visiting someone?

However, Mars is also conjunct the Part of Fortune, and moves to a sextile with an exalted Jupiter. Additionally, the North Node is on the 7th house cusp, Venus is on the MC and there is nothing really sinister about this chart.

I suspect Jack is OK. Mars is in a mutable house and is moving quite quickly. Mars next meets Jupiter, ruler of the 9th of long journeys and retrograde, indicating a return.

There is some discusion regarding whether missing or absent people should be taken by the 1st or the 7th house. To avoid misunderstanding, I would say again that I agree with those who say to start with the Ascendant, unless something else tells you elsewise. If the question had been regarding theft then the thief, also being an absent person, would be described and take by the 7th house. In the above chart I believe the significator of the missing person is Mercury, who is angular and in the 7th. Mercury is in mutal reception with Mars, and as Geoffrey points out, Mars is also dispositor of the Moon. Mars is conjunct the Part of Fortune. One of the things we do know is when he last used his Credit Card (Fortuna?). This was on November 1st.

I agree with many things written to this post and to Geoffrey who says he could be hard to find, seeing the Moon is both cadent and intercepted. No more news from the querent as yet or regarding the result of the dogsearch yesterday. My experience when it came to tracking down missing people was that this direction and location most often was described by the position of the Moon.

Thanks again. I am not participating actively in the search at this point, but will follow the story as it goes along.

I come late to this discussion. I know!
But some thoughts to this theme.
When I look to the Horoscope I would say be careful. Saturn in 7 and also a low degree AS. Ignoring this, so I would say (normally working Lilly-Methode) there are a striking numbers planets on the Angel, or in the houses 7/10. I prefer also AS for the missing person. So Venus in 10 shows this. May this means also directions south (MC) but I can't ignore the planet Pluto which so close. So this is a indication of danger! Look also to the degrees of the planets. Uranus is in same degree as Pluto and Venus, Mars with Saturn, Moon, Neptun As/Des. Moon Co-Significator is close to Uranus in 12 (Means hidden place).
If you take the Sun as Significator for Life, so there is a konj. with Saturn in Scorpio, and ruler is Mars, he is also the ruler for the Moon. So may this is a indication of falling, breaking something...

I also know some options to find out the distance, but normally I use for this the horoscope of the last seen of the person. So I don't have a string point. Only from the home place...

Wolfgang