Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Prenatal new moon, full moon and solar eclipse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pleiades

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Prenatal new moon, full moon and solar eclipse Reply with quote

Hello,

I am investigating prenatal new moon, full moon, solar eclipse?

Do you have any information in what way they are helpfull and recommend any documentation, books about them?

It is said that prenatal new moon is karmic past and the plan for this life. How about prenatal full moon and sun eclipse? In what way they are differ from each other?

Thank you in advanced
johannes susato

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Prenatal new moon, full moon and solar eclipse Reply with quote

Pleiades wrote:
Hello,

I am investigating prenatal new moon, full moon, solar eclipse?

Do you have any information in what way they are helpfull and recommend any documentation, books about them?

It is said that prenatal new moon is karmic past and the plan for this life. How about prenatal full moon and sun eclipse? In what way they are differ from each other?

Thank you in advanced

At least the term "karmic past" if not that of "the plan for this life" either sounds a bit strange in the context of the Traitional (& Ancient) Techniques Forum.

Perhaps it would be more adequate to post you question on the Forum for Nativities & General Astrology.
Martin Gansten

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Prenatal new moon, full moon and solar eclipse Reply with quote

johannes susato wrote:
At least the term "karmic past" if not that of "the plan for this life" either sounds a bit strange in the context of the Traitional (& Ancient) Techniques Forum.

Although I understand Johannes's objection and basically agree with it, it may be of interest to note that the doctrine of reincarnation as such would have been known to, and perhaps shared by, many ancient astrologers in the Hellenistic world -- and, of course, in India, where it was united with the doctrine of karma. The way modern theosophical astrology used and transformed those ideas was, however, rather untraditional. A paper of mine on that topic is available here.
Pleiades

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks.
Myriam Hildotter

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the article, Martin. I found it quite interesting and fascinating!

I am so glad that you pointed out that reincarnation was certainly contemplated within the study of Ancient astrology. I was thinking of saying something, but I did not know how really, or how to distinguish this from the Theosophical version, which as you say, is quite different, or even opposite in meaning.

Actually, my understanding of Ancient thought is that over time, the movement of the soul is generally of decline, not progress. Evolution is actually the right word, in terms of moving away from the center, but the center is where the soul is perfect! Eventually all will return to the center, but that gets beyond what we can really understand.

I find it fascinating the "devil's bargain" astrology had to make with the Roman Catholic Church, and how that influenced later developments in astrology. A couple of days ago, I watched a lecture by Robert Hand that talked about it, and it is quite illuminating!
hervaro

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my understanding of this subject:

- prenatal lunation (new or full moon) shows the "group-soul" one has incarnated with/in.
- if this happens to be a eclipse, it has more "weight", or makes the present incarnation "weightier"
- there has to be some connection between the radical figure and the chart of the PNL, in order to show whether one will have "impact" in the world, in his/her lifetime or not.

(Consider this a digest from oral teachings (from J. Frawley, a.o.), so no references to texts available...)

http://www.hervaro.be
Myriam Hildotter

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thank you! That is really interesting about the pre-natal lunation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: