Talent in a chart

Hi All

I'm very interested in traditional ways of establishing the natives talents.
Not in a general way, but how to establish which talents are likely to come to the fore in the natives career, or keep popping up during his/her life?

So suppose I'm headhunting for a company or a business: what in the chart informs me this person has particular (and possibly exceptional) skills, and what they are?

And connected to this: when confronted with charts of kids/adolescents/students, how/what to advise them with regard to a particular education or curriculum, that exploits/enhances their talents to the most?

I'm very interested on the forums opinion on this matter.
Perhaps this was discussed on another thread, if so then please refer me.

Thanks
Hermes

Hermes are you thinking of something beyond essential and accidental dignities?

In vocational astrology I would pay special attention to the 10th house of career. Look at the condition of the planet ruling the 10th and any 10th house planets. If it's "just a job," look at the 6th. Also, different occupations have different planetary rulers and associations with different houses. For example, if somebody wants to be a surgeon, how does his Mars look?

It makes a lot of sense to start with a basic natal chart reading. Get a sense of who this individual is as a person. Because oftentimes people have particular talents that are actually not a good match with who they are for themselves-- or hope to become. They may make good money through their talent, but it leaves them feeling unfulfilled. The natal chart reading can also suggest if the person would do best working from home, for a large employer, traveling extensively, or owning his own small business. Is the person liable to home/career conflicts? Is she highly ambitious, or likely to be content with an entry-level position? Is he highly focused, or does he need a lot of variety in his work?

Vocational counseling ideally should go beyond being a type of astrological aptitude test.

Re: Talent in a chart

Hermes wrote:Hi All

I'm very interested in traditional ways of establishing the natives talents.
Not in a general way, but how to establish which talents are likely to come to the fore in the natives career, or keep popping up during his/her life?

So suppose I'm headhunting for a company or a business: what in the chart informs me this person has particular (and possibly exceptional) skills, and what they are?

And connected to this: when confronted with charts of kids/adolescents/students, how/what to advise them with regard to a particular education or curriculum, that exploits/enhances their talents to the most?

I'm very interested on the forums opinion on this matter.
Perhaps this was discussed on another thread, if so then please refer me.

Thanks
There is a difference between skill and talent.
Skill is a learned ability and talent is a natural skill.

Mercury and the trine influences to it give the skill factor.
Atleast, that is what I understand from Valens.

Vettius Valens, Anthologies, Book II-p32

Mercury-Moon: secretary to kings.Night births- Philosophers.
Mercury- Mars- mathematicians,lawyers
etc.

Looks like you are doing talent spotting rather than ability to learn a skill.

PD

As planets located in the pivots are manifested - whether we like it or not - in our lifes, it might be a good idea to check if there are any, and then investigating their essential dignity, aspects, etc. If there are any planets in the angles, their influence cannot be escaped, so if they can be turned into something usefull, well, that might show a talent!

Another thing to look at might be if there is an "overcoming" planet in the chart: as it overcomes the other one(s), it might be usefull as a "talent" as well.

And I beg your pardon for giving such a awkuard approach (I guess), but it might be worthwhile looking at...
Herman

http://www.hervaro.be

The Star I Was Born Under

Hi, Hermes

This article has some interesting general information about the Guardian Angel, or Agathodaemon, which was thought to guide the individual to the correct vocation:

http://www.new-library.com/info/article ... gy+52.html

"In his De vita coelitus comparanda he expands upon the importance of astrology in harmonising the soul and attaining spiritual felicity and psychological balance. In the said chapter he states that each person born with a sound mind has a heaven sent task to perform in life. Referring to the daemon he explains that it was Platonic doctrine (in which all antiquity concurred) that to each person there is given at birth a certain daemon which acts as a guardian and is assigned to a star. Ficino means by "star" a celestial body in the broad sense (e.g. planet, constellation or fixed star). He openly and deliberately equates this daemon with the guardian angel.

Whoever has investigated his own talent [ingenium] also has found the work most natural to him or her, his/her star and his/her daemon. By cultivating this talent one may act successfully and live happily. Otherwise one's fortune will be adverse and the heaven will be perceived as an enemy. Even a cursory empirical survey indicates that a great number of unhappy people in the world are so because they are stuck in a profession contrary to their genius (i.e. daemon)."

Robert Zoller, the author, states in this article that he reserves the formula for finding the Agathodaemon for students enrolled in his program.

The Greek daemon corresponds to the Roman "genius," the star that ruled the native's birth. In popular literature, the concept was described as "the star I was born under" well into the middle ages and beyond.

See also Plato's Myth of Er The Republic, Book Ten for one origin of the concept of a star guiding an individual to his destiny through life.
"Id rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance"