Aquarius not like Leo?

Hi
Aquarius is supposed to be against everything the Sun stands for.
Yet two famous Aquarians,Cristiano Ronaldo and Jos? Mourinho are arrogant,the latter with Saturn and Moon in Aquarius as well.

Could it be some sort of compensation conplex?
Both come from a country famous for its modesty,so in a way,they are misfits

It might be helpful to get away from negative stereotypes and celebrities, and to think about what the signs really mean. Obviously, with something like 600 million people having their suns in any given sign, there is a lot of latitude for individual personal expression. Surely many people with "big heads" have their suns in other signs.

Leo: fixed fire, Aquarius fixed air. Leo is more motivated by action and initiative; and Aquarius, by ideas. However, having set on a course of action or idea, neither much likes to change. Leo is ruled by the sun; Aquarius by Saturn (traditional) and/or Uranus (modern.) These differences give the signs different approaches to life.

Aquarius as a sign doesn't hate "everything the sun stands for" because you can't really equate planets and signs, and many sun-Aquarians (like me) are perfectly happy with their Aquarius suns. Rather, Aquarius is more oriented towards people as members of groups and perhaps the Saturnian influences dampens the sun's full expression; whereas Leo is more oriented towards the self as it stands out from others. The sun traditionally is in detriment in Aquarius, but this doesn't mean Aquarians hate the whole notion of the individuated self. Especially if you work with Uranus, which tends to disrupt the status- quo.

The sun is one's identity or sense of self, though anciently the ascendant had this role. Whether one expresses an overblown ego or not depends upon all kinds of chart factors. The sun can also represent one's father or political leader. In a heterosexual woman's chart, it may indicate what she admires in a man.

Whether people feel they have to compensate for something in terms of a superiority or inferiority complex takes us out of simplistic sun-sign astrology; and into more sophisticated interpretations of the horoscope, and possibly some background in psychology.

Waybread
What you say reminds me of Aquarian Somerset Maugham, who felt more comfortable in collectivist societies like Spain than in the UK, where standing out is ok.
I wonder if Aquarians in general feel better in such places.
I suppose a person with too much water might not feel at ease with English culture,as one isnt supposed to show negative emotions there?

Since I am not English and was only a tourist briefly in England a long time ago, I cannot say. The English are known for their eccentric personalities, but this tend to be isolated individuals vs. society as a whole.

The social norms of most countries vary by region, by urban vs. rural communities, and by various sub-cultures such as artists vs. business executives.

Parts of the US are very open to a "free to be you and me" lifestyle. If you feel constrained where you live now, hopefully you can spend time in California.